Is a 6 foot trailer long enough? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is a 6 foot trailer long enough?

Husqy

Picking up an SV650 on Thursday evening.

A buddy of mine has a 6 foot long utility trailer. His brother, who used to have a SS, said it is long enough for a bike.

Just looked it up and a SV650 is 6'9" long.

Should I just rent a motorcycle trailer from uhaul and save the trouble? Or is loading the bike on an angle not that big of a deal?

You can put the bike on an angle if there is something to properly tie it to. I have done it and others do it regularly in the back of a short(ish) truck bed. But I wouldn't buy a trailer that size by default, personally. Also it likely has very small tires and wheels if it's that light-duty, so bearing issues may be a factor.

I've had to put my CBR600RR on an angle in a 6.5 ft bed. Rent a uhaul trailer, $15 for the day.

With a 4'10" wheel base, the wheels should fit on the trailer and the tail section will be hanging off. As other have suggested, you could put the bike on the trailer kiddie corner. I think you will be fine.

when i move sportbikes in my truck i run tailgate down, bikes go straight in not on a angle. tie them down equal pressure on both sides from the trip trees or clip ons if you have highway dancer tie downs. then secure the rear so it doesnt bounce.

just had to pick up my gf's dads roadstar 1600 and put it in a 5x8 uhaul, it fit on a angle but not straight...didnt have any other options at the time so we had to make it work.

the enclosed trailer is the way to go, ide love to get a 6x9 or 7x10. i like wider trailers on car tires for better stability.

honestly, rent the uhaul...its $20 for a day. they charge $8 insurance if you need it...thats your call. we opted to not take it since we only towed about 50km round trip.

It should fit. Measure the distance between contact patch (6.9' long is end to end but the contact of the tire to the ground/trailer should be little less and probably fit the 6 foot platform).

I have a trailer thats 6' 2" and i have managed to move many bikes with it all it means is that a few inches of the back tire will hang off the back of the trailer. 6' 9" is front of the front tire to back of the back tire if you can butt the front tire to the front of the trailer the back tire will still be on the floor of the trailer the back of it will just hang off the back of the trailer a little

I fit mine in the back of my ford ranger on angle no issue and tail gate up

Back
Top Bottom