Decrease in Insurance Price from Aviva | GTAMotorcycle.com

Decrease in Insurance Price from Aviva

mikeherdes

I received my renewal from Aviva today (through Dalton Timmis) and have some good insurance news to share. My premium dropped from $247 / month to $145/month. Pretty substantial $1,200 decrease. Renewal is for July 17th just after the new insurance rules take place. However, I also had two tickets come off record, so that may have played a major factor - sucks to think that I was paying a lot more for some pretty silly tickets IMO.

Some details to go with my rate:

Bike: 2012 FZ8, No collision

Me: 24, Male, Soon to be 0 tickets in the last three years and no accidents. L0P postal code. Full M, insured ~6 years in Ontario and BC

Better news is that I'm moving to Alberta and my quotes seem to come in at around $300-500 :headbang:

Nice. Getting the renewal for my Fazer 8 soon. Fingers crossed for similar results. I'm with SF though so I'm expecting a right hosing.

Should be getting my renewal soon too from them on my 2014 Honda CBR650F. Fingers crossed it also went down instead of up given all the reports this year.

This is correct.

Aviva is going through a rate decrease effective June 1 2016.

Keep in mind policies effective June 1st or after will have less coverage (reduction of Accident Benefit limits).

Last edited:
Mine just came today actually -- Was $1,248.00/year and is now $1,171.00/year. Not a big change, but at least it went down vs up. Will have to call around though and shop for a better rate if there is one.

This is correct.

Aviva is going through a rate decrease effective June 1 2016.

Keep in mind policies effective June 1st or after will have less coverage (reduction of Accident Benefit limits).

Paul, if possible can you post what additional coverage would need to be added to boost it as close to the old coverage level as possible? I'm actually considering doing this if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The car I would probably leave as is, but a lot more can happen on a bike.

Mine just came today actually -- Was $1,248.00/year and is now $1,171.00/year. Not a big change, but at least it went down vs up. Will have to call around though and shop for a better rate if there is one.

Paul, if possible can you post what additional coverage would need to be added to boost it as close to the old coverage level as possible? I'm actually considering doing this if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The car I would probably leave as is, but a lot more can happen on a bike.

Check out this link: https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/brochures/Pages/brochure_changes10.aspx

Back
Top Bottom