Southbound 427 @ 401 - loose tire on the road | GTAMotorcycle.com

Southbound 427 @ 401 - loose tire on the road

Matt Rain

Site Supporter
Jesus Christ.

[video=youtube;gaolijDdZF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaolijDdZF8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I always stop and pick those up (when on 4 wheels). Post 'em up on kijiji.

Probably fell off a pickup truck or SUV. I drop the spare tire at least once a year to check pressure/condition and lube the wire and winch parts.

I could've easily been changing lanes at full speed, had there been less traffic. Wonder what happens if you hit one of these straight on with a bike that has 4-5 inches of suspension travel.

I could've easily been changing lanes at full speed, had there been less traffic. Wonder what happens if you hit one of these straight on with a bike that has 4-5 inches of suspension travel.

Nothing good.

Edit:
If you have 5" total, you will probably be less than 4" left once on the road. The tire is more than 8" tall laying on the road. Your bike tire will squish a little, but you are looking at your bike moving up at least 4" in a short period of time. I am too lazy to work out the math now, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up feet in the air (assuming you leaned back and didn't catapult over the handlebars on impact).

Last edited:
Which is why high-speed weaving through traffic is a bad idea. Would never see it coming.

I always stop and pick those up (when on 4 wheels). Post 'em up on kijiji.

Probably fell off a pickup truck or SUV. I drop the spare tire at least once a year to check pressure/condition and lube the wire and winch parts.

Checking those is so rare. Out of site, out of mind.

Back
Top Bottom