Schubert, Nolan and other quiet helmets - Where in GTA to try on ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Schubert, Nolan and other quiet helmets - Where in GTA to try on ?

toyopl

Currently have HJC Rpha ST and I find it extremely loud, so want to upgrade to a more quiet helmet.
Nolan and Schubert seem to get good reviews for being quiet but don't know who stocks these.
Tried Shoei GT-Air but fit is bad, however RF-1200 seems to fit pretty good and gets good reviews.
From Arai nothing really fit me.

Riders Choice in sauga carries Schuberth, don't think they have Nolan.

At the end of the day IMHO, no helmet is going to be quiet enough to not wear earplugs, especially for long highway trips. Any helmet being any less noisy is not going to make a big enough difference. Though yes, marginally the rf1200 and GT air are probably the best with reducing noise, albeit not significantly.

At the end of the day IMHO, no helmet is going to be quiet enough to not wear earplugs, especially for long highway trips. Any helmet being any less noisy is not going to make a big enough difference. Though yes, marginally the rf1200 and GT air are probably the best with reducing noise, albeit not significantly.

Go on a thousand km ride then come back and tell me that a less noisy helmet wouldn't make a difference, even with ear plugs. Looking at the whole picture a less noisy helmet will more than likely also have better aerodynamics which make all the difference when it comes to overall comfort. Also Schuberth's are the quietest helmets around and this is coming from someone who owns 4 Shoei's, 2 of them RF-1200's.

OP you're going to have a pretty hard time finding Nolan around here, so far I've only ever seen a couple in person. They have them online at Canadasmotorcyce.ca and that's about it...

Thanks. I have custom molded earplugs so this is not an issue. I just find that its very bad at isolating air from the neck area going up. Also its gotta have the worst chin courtain mount, just waiting to loose mine.
Not what I expected from $500 helmet.

I use a "Windjammer". Not the sexiest option in the world, but with a dark coloured helmet or even a solid coloured helmet it doesn't look to bad. It works well enough that I've left it on my Shoei TZR for two years now. It made a noticeable reduction in wind noise, now if only I could cure the wind noise from the turbulence off the top of my windscreen. Well worth the $20 investment! It does make taking the helmet on/off a little more difficult though.

http://www.amazon.com/WINDJAMMER-REDUCES-Helmets-original-copied/dp/B003FHLNVK

I use a "Windjammer". Not the sexiest option in the world, but with a dark coloured helmet or even a solid coloured helmet it doesn't look to bad. It works well enough that I've left it on my Shoei TZR for two years now. It made a noticeable reduction in wind noise, now if only I could cure the wind noise from the turbulence off the top of my windscreen. Well worth the $20 investment! It does make taking the helmet on/off a little more difficult though.

http://www.amazon.com/WINDJAMMER-REDUCES-Helmets-original-copied/dp/B003FHLNVK

I have one as well. It does make a fairly big difference in reducing noise although one should still always wear earplugs.

This looks like a new interesting helmet, curious to see them when they actually come out

[video=youtube;9c5yF6Jkwvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c5yF6Jkwvg[/video]

This looks like a new interesting helmet, curious to see them when they actually come out

[video=youtube;9c5yF6Jkwvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c5yF6Jkwvg[/video]

I think there would have to be changes to the regulations to make them legal.

I have one as well. It does make a fairly big difference in reducing noise although one should still always wear earplugs.

Definitely. +1 on the ear plugs. I have custom molded ones and don't ride further than the corner store without them.

Just recently read somewhere Schubert helmets were almost dead last in crash safety testing.
Will have to find the article, I belive was a European website.
First and second were Bell and Shark and another one I've never heard of.
I'd take that into consideration before noise, always ear plugs for that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just recently read somewhere Schubert helmets were almost dead last in crash safety testing.
Will have to find the article, I belive was a European website.
First and second were Bell and Shark and another one I've never heard of.
I'd take that into consideration before noise, always ear plugs for that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Interesting. If you find that article please post. I wonder if they traded noise advances for safety considerations.

Back
Top Bottom