UVIP needed when buying a Quebec vehicle?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

UVIP needed when buying a Quebec vehicle??

Rascal

i remember years ago when buying a vehicle from Quebec, I didn't need the UVIP and paid tax on the amount I declared on the bill of sale.

Close to buying a car from Quebec and wondering if this is still the case?

Have you bought a quebec vehicle recently? Did you need UVIP? what value was the tax paid on?

(also I know this is a motorcycle forum but figured someone would have the answer :)

UVIP is to protect you the buyer, not the seller or the government .... they don't really care whether you have it or not. I am assuming you are getting "something" to make sure you are not buying a vehicle under a lien or any other undisclosed history?

What are you talking about? UVIP is absolutely needed when you want to register an Ontario purchased vehicle in Ontario. So yes, they (gov't) do care whether you have it or not.

The good thing it's only $20 and anyone can purchase it as long as the have the VIN.

As for liens - that's a different story and not what OP was asking.

That's what they say at their website, but they in my own experience never say no to someone coming to register a bike with a bill of sale, vehicle portion of registration and safety. That's what I am talking about.

What's a different story for liens?

Back
Top Bottom