North not south ...at least today | GTAMotorcycle.com

North not south ...at least today

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Was trying to decide which way to head on a day trip

Looks like the PA riders will get damp tho rest of the weekend looks okay...
A cruise up Beaver Valley road looks okay or Huntsville....see how I feel in half an hour ...slab or backroads.

Ride safe....expect a bjillion cops...overtime pay n'all. BTW ...unmarked on Heritage everyday I've ridden up to the Forks. The Forks road is open now.

Maybe just head there and figure out where next before it gets too crowded.

Guess I'll skip slabbing to Huntsville....slab is crowded already

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/features/traffic/400.html

Last edited:
Areas north of Toronto are basically suburbs, not countryside anymore. Sometimes the traffic is worse than my commute. A bit annoying really, unless you manage off-peak hours. Huntsville used to considered remote when I was younger. Have a safe ride. Doing brakes today, so no riding for me.

Yah just gotta know the back roads. :D

Quick coffee stop at the Forks ( nasty unmarked car on Heritage had someone pulled over ). A mellow ride across the newly open Forks road and over to the Grange which I like, north on some sidr road to 9 to Airport and fuel. The up airport to Hockely, west to 10 and cut back then north and picked up River Road east of the town. Cops everywhere including a breath check at 8.30 am !!!! at the corner of River.. Zig zagged around then up Beaver Valley Road to Thornbury for lunch at the very nice Aahanti Coffee cafe. Excellent coffee ( even the small latte was generous and done right. ) and a hearty Thai soup with rye bread ....good lunch $10 all in .....Hard to resist all the excellent baked goods in the place....
Owner is very efficient and very personable.

Well derserved reviews on TripAdvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaura...nbury_Blue_Mountains_Grey_County_Ontario.html

Relaxing destination ride for lunch and can peel off in either direction.

Recommended stop as is the Bicycle Cafe in Fleisherton.

Damn ....what a find Thornbury is for me.....a Gastropub too...and highly rated.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaura...nbury_Blue_Mountains_Grey_County_Ontario.html

No question there will be another jaunt for lunch in the near future.

Last edited:
So just getting up to leave and spot one of the regulars from the Forks...so sit back down and chitchat.

Getting ready to leave and a couple more of the Forks regulars show up at the same café....:rolleyes:

Guess everyone decided it was a Beaver Valley Road day.

Long day - only 500 km or so but lots of saddletime and way too many of cops. Long Point - Dover - Port Colborne Niagara Falls loop tomorrow. Lazy ride along the lake and river and slab home.

Took the wife north today, 500km of Muskoka and Haliburton Highlands. Saw two cops all day. Beautiful day for it. Took a quick pic on the way home at the Tims in Orillia.
e3d8614af873e94a262d164fe120701d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Nope...cut off our Niagara loop ...kids water pump is failing....better now than somewhere in remote Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom