Is my Monster a magnet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is my Monster a magnet?

MNSTR

I've been riding bikes all my life pretty much, albeit offroad for the most part. Until 4 yrs ago when I bought my Kawi KLX 250 dual sport. Never an issue on that bike. Now that I've started riding a Ducati monster, I've had some pretty crappy run ins with bimmer drivers, and a couple Audi drivers! What's the deal here? I wasn't really keeping track till I actually thought about it last night, after my most recent dealing with a 30 something idiot in a BMW. It's likely been 6-7 guys, and I've only got 640 kms on my bike! It's mostly trying to get me to race/drag from a light, but last night it was a dude riding my ***, passing me, slowing down, I pass him, as I get beside him, he guns it, I move back over, he slows down again. He gave me the finger after it all to, when we ended beside each other at a light. Had a similar incedent with an audi guy. I expected this from riced out civics and kids, not adults! WTF?
Is it the Ducati that's the target, or sporty bikes in general? Never got bothered on my dual sport.

Mount a GoPro prominently on your bike facing rearward. If possible, another one facing forward. Make sure they're visible to other drivers.

Cameras make people behave.

Something's up with either you or your bike or where/when you are riding it, because I rarely have any issues.

Lots of idiots like to race motorbikes. Jealous because you have a Ducati and Sports bikes in general.Happens to me. Usually, I ignore them. Have on the odd occasion shown who`s the Boss.
The problem is HTA 172. If you get caught, goodbye everything.
Relax, enjoy the bike. Do not go to the level of the rice burners, etc. Keep your License and Insurance intact.

Lots of idiots like to race motorbikes. Jealous because you have a Ducati and Sports bikes in general.Happens to me. Usually, I ignore them. Have on the odd occasion shown who`s the Boss.
The problem is HTA 172. If you get caught, goodbye everything.
Relax, enjoy the bike. Do not go to the level of the rice burners, etc. Keep your License and Insurance intact.

To much at stake to play games on the road. I may push the speed limit on occasion, but I save my aggressive riding for the dirt. Less speed, and softer landings!

I've seen this before... supersports trolling Ducati Monsters. Seems to stand out amongst nakeds. It's like "let me show you what a fast bike really looks like." Ignore them and enjoy your bike.

MNSTR, I'm afraid you have no choice. You're going to have to race them all and obliterate their egos. Nothing other than total humiliation will do. They'll drive away thinking "what a monster". End of story.

I like to rev my engine while I wait at the light, get them all fired up, then watch them tear off into the distance as I casually pull away lol

Always entertaining :p

Mount a GoPro prominently on your bike facing rearward. If possible, another one facing forward. Make sure they're visible to other drivers.

Cameras make people behave.

Something's up with either you or your bike or where/when you are riding it, because I rarely have any issues.
Have you tried riding at night?

This is very prominent & night. I used to work night shift & if I have a penny for every race challenged....

If someone in a cage is up my ass, passing then slowing down, only to do it all again. I don't play those games with cages, I'll either slow down or speed up and create some distance, but I won't play the game with them. But it's easier on my bike, it's a "versatile system", not a monster.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

If someone in a cage is up my ***, passing then slowing down, only to do it all again. I don't play those games with cages, I'll either slow down or speed up and create some distance, but I won't play the game with them. But it's easier on my bike, it's a "versatile system", not a monster.

I pity the fool who messes with any bike described by this amalgam of heavy metal words, ridden by a man of ice no less. You can bet it's not painted a candy colour amirite.

I pity the fool who messes with any bike described by this amalgam of heavy metal words, ridden by a man of ice no less. You can bet it's not painted a candy colour amirite.
ROFL! They only call it candy lime at the factory, its much more manly than it sounds.

I've had the odd fool do stuff like this on the highway, no sir, i dont like it. I usually but stupidly demonstrate in one good pull that we are not in the same league, and it's over. When their girlfriend coughs up what i assume is milkshake on their dash, she'll have no more of this foolishness.

Funny thing is no cars ever want to race me through the muskokas

Back
Top Bottom