I now ride a 155cc scooter -- Am I now a geek? | GTAMotorcycle.com

I now ride a 155cc scooter -- Am I now a geek?

Triple

Site Supporter
Pros: sips gas, insurance is $352 per year, super easy to flick around, 300 lbs wet, very comfortable, tons of storage space, quick off the line, goes a GPS confirmed 122 km/hr WOT, starts under all conditions (even after a 6 month lay-away in the garden shed without anything but a shot of Stabil), nobody will steal it.

Cons: I am shunned, I am no longer cool, I am called a geek. :)

26927129921_c26f7ae714_b.jpg

19930108933_23ef5970ec_b.jpg

[manhood still intact]

Pros: sips gas, insurance is $352 per year, super easy to flick around, 300 lbs wet, very comfortable, tons of storage space, quick off the line, goes a GPS confirmed 122 km/hr WOT, starts under all conditions (even after a 6 month lay-away in the garden shed without anything but a shot of Stabil), nobody will steal it.

Cons: I am shunned, I am no longer cool, I am called a geek. :)

26927129921_c26f7ae714_b.jpg

19930108933_23ef5970ec_b.jpg

[manhood still intact]
Unless you wear a race suit with completely destroyed knee pucks around town while riding it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't know, you might want to run, not walk from this forum, we finally convinced MacDoc to give up his pride and joy.

Hand it over... Give it to me!

... Your man card

Yes.
You are now a geek.
Sell the scooter to me cheap.
IDGAF what people think.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

It's not as bad a situation as you think. In his sermon on the mount, JC said the geeks shall inherit the earth.

Not a big fan of souvlaki or tzatziki

Am I the only one who wonders what this scoot would look like all murdered out in black and blowing thru a full Akra system!

$352/year on insurance for that?! In Hamilton?!

I pay $240 per year for a DRZ which I bet is much more fun...

Welcome to the club! Took my Derbi moped to Dover last Friday. wOT the whole way on Hwy 6. Officer, I would never hesitate to surf a sidewalk should the need dictate that course of action!

To hell with what other people think. Do they earn your money for you? Do they pay your bills? No, they don't, so they don't get a say. If you like it I say ride on! Go ride in the Mad Bastard rally and have a ball. Nothing wrong with scoots. Sure, some may think scooters aren't cool and they might razz you about it, but those on two wheels have razzed others on two wheels for not riding the same type of two wheels as them since two wheeled gasoline powered transportation was invented. I have a Sachs MadAss in the garage and even though it is technically a "real" motorcycle with a clutch and gears, it's not as fast your S-Max! Enjoy.

The first rule of engineering.
The right tool for the job.
I assume your scooter fits the bill for your needs, so you have chosen well.

To hell with what other people think. Do they earn your money for you?

While I can appreciate your "you go girl" sentiments, this threads' title practically begs for an opinion. Since my life revolves around telling people what I think, I believe we have good fit here. 122km/hr WOT is for sissies:p

If I wanted to go slow I'd take the car.

Plus why would I risk my life on the roads where I don't have the speed advantage?

Back
Top Bottom