Failure to produce ownership/insurance...what do you guys think? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Failure to produce ownership/insurance...what do you guys think?

Pretty sure that was his original point.. the requirement to have a fancy little pink slip in this day and age is a tad silly no

And my point is, it doesn't matter whether you or he thinks it's a tad silly. It boils down to what the law thinks. You can make whatever argument about how in the "dark ages" the law and MTO, etc are, but ultimately the law is the law. You must have the paperwork, end of story. Feel free to argue with said LEO or JP. Don't be surprised if they don't take you seriously.

And my point is, it doesn't matter whether you or he thinks it's a tad silly. It boils down to what the law thinks. You can make whatever argument about how in the "dark ages" the law and MTO, etc are, but ultimately the law is the law. You must have the paperwork, end of story. Feel free to argue with said LEO or JP. Don't be surprised if they don't take you seriously.

Slow down there my friend... I don't think anyone's saying otherwise; in fact, he said on multiple occasions he carries both digital and paper copies, but he thinks it's about time digital proof be enough, and I agreed... Not sure what you're on about, but seriously impressed with how many times you fit "the law" into one brief paragraph :p

Slow down there my friend... I don't think anyone's saying otherwise; in fact, he said on multiple occasions he carries both digital and paper copies, but he thinks it's about time digital proof be enough, and I agreed... Not sure what you're on about, but seriously impressed with how many times you fit "the law" into one brief paragraph :p

What I'm trying to say is, yes, it's about time digital proof should be enough, but try telling that to the LEO at the side of the road, or the JP in court that rationale that it's high time it should be the way, and what'll it get you? That's what really matters at the end of the day. So complain all you want. Just remember driving/riding is a privilege not a right. And asking drivers and riders to carry some paper proof is not exactly a huge burden. If you feel so strongly that it should be updated, then do something about it and don't just complain.

What I'm trying to say is, yes, it's about time digital proof should be enough, but try telling that to the LEO at the side of the road, or the JP in court that rationale that it's high time it should be the way, and what'll it get you? That's what really matters at the end of the day. So complain all you want. Just remember driving/riding is a privilege not a right. And asking drivers and riders to carry some paper proof is not exactly a huge burden. If you feel so strongly that it should be updated, then do something about it and don't just complain.

Yeah, it's not hard to understand what you're trying to say; just why...

If this thread is still going then you're over thinking it.

Didn't read the full thread, and this was my experience from going to court yesterday.

From what I see, if you got what's a called a "paper" ticket, which is anything administrative and that's all you got, then there is probably no way for you to get them dropped (just reduced fine). But if they're added on tickets to some other HTA ticket (moving violations), then it's pretty much guaranteed that they're just tossed.

Back
Top Bottom