Failure to produce ownership/insurance...what do you guys think? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Failure to produce ownership/insurance...what do you guys think?

Rob: PLEASE stop making logical sense, It is their entitled right NOT to be bothered by carrying such cumbersome documents as Registration and an insurance card. Surely these items interfere with one's ability to stunt and pull off 1/4 mile wheelies on a purefectly straight and flat sections of the 400 series highways, (yet another inalienable right)...lol

While I think it's just plain sense to always have your docs with you other than the odd legit traffic stop, I've only been doc checked twice since 1984.

I guess it's your entitled right to inject baseless conjecture when/where ever possible. OP forgot to bring his papers; clearly he wheelies brah

... and we're supposed to have faith in the ability of our police to approach every situation objectively and without bias :rolleyes:

While I think it's just plain sense to always have your docs with you other than the odd legit traffic stop, I've only been doc checked twice since 1984.

since 2003 I think I must have been checked 8 or 10 times ... every time took almost no time, like 2 or 3 minutes.

You may wish to bone up on your comprehension skills my friend. Feel free to point at which point I referred to the OP in my post. I also didn't make any comment as to the police, or their ability to approach any situation, although fail to produce is a relatively benign situation either the rider/driver has their documents or they don't. I was making a tongue in cheek comment, but I guess you also failed to comprehend that. Have a nice weekend.

I guess it's your entitled right to inject baseless conjecture when/where ever possible. OP forgot to bring his papers; clearly he wheelies brah

... and we're supposed to have faith in the ability of our police to approach every situation objectively and without bias :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You may wish to bone up on your comprehension skills my friend. Feel free to point at which point I referred to the OP in my post. I also didn't make any comment as to the police, or their ability to approach any situation, although fail to produce is a relatively benign situation either the rider/driver has their documents or they don't. I was making a tongue in cheek comment, but I guess you also failed to comprehend that. Have a nice weekend.

Oh Hedo, you can spare me the insults. First, you made no reference, so one should be free to infer who the intended recipient may have been. Second, you proudly invoke your policing background when it suits your argument; why get all shy now?

... So tell us, since the OP was not your chosen subject, what was the point of such a comment?

This thread is STILL going on? Do I really need to go make more/fresh popcorn??

Again you have failed to comprehend that the post was directed to Rob, (the person who posted the comment, which I quoted and I even mentioned his name in my post), Apparently again you failed to comprehend that. I at no time directed my comments to the OP, nor even mentioned him. You may infer all you wish, doesn't make it so. The purpose of my comment was, as I have previously advised you, a tongue in cheek comment, (which I might point out yet AGAIN), was not directed to the OP, as you have decided it was. I am not sure why you seem to be so invested in a comment that was not directed at, nor mentioned YOU in any manner.

Yes I don't hide my previous experience so that members such as yourself, don't seize the opportunity to suggest I am "hiding anything." If that offends you, then please feel free to place me on your ignore list and issue resolved. I use my previous experience in an attempt to correct misinformation, and assist the valued members of GTAM. I receive many Pm's thanking me. I also receive PM's seeking advice, if a member has gotten a ticket. If I am able to I assist them, as how they should proceed, and to navigate they system. Again if this offends you, you have remedies available to you, I would respectfully suggest you avail yourself of them. I have no issue with you, but apparently you do with me.

Oh Hedo, you can spare me the insults. First, you made no reference, so one should be free to infer who the intended recipient may have been. Second, you proudly invoke your policing background when it suits your argument; why get all shy now?

... So tell us, since the OP was not your chosen subject, what was the point of such a comment?

Last edited:
I have no issue with you, but apparently you do with me.

Me posting is not personal.. I seem to have to say this to often, but my replies are ALWAYS based on the content of the post I'm replying to. This thread had nothing to do with stunting of any form, so... What purpose does bringing that up here serve? What ties forgetting paperwork to wheelies and general hooliganism?

FTR, my referencing your police background speaks to the potential issues that one could perceive when such blatant bias is presented, even when it's "merely a joke". Let me ask, if an officer is overheard on multiple occasions making a joke about black people and a penchant for crime, is that not grounds for concern? Hope this clears it up for you.

I just (last month) got caught speeding, no valid insurance slip and no trailer ownership. I couldn't find the envelope that the ownership was in (duh I stashed in in the trailer not glove box) and hadn't put a recent insurance slip in since the last one (exp mid month).

My bad, but Officer Lovely let me off with no trailer ownership. Love him! In my defense I was speeding, but in a passing lane going uphill on Hwy 7.
I had gotten out, passed quick and pulled back in. I even noticed a car coming FAST up in the LH lane. "Holy THAT guy is moving" I thought. Then the cherries came on. Signaled and pulled over as next thought was "oh, that's for me(me)!"

My bad as I didn't have proper/current docs. Just darn happy that it was the no ownership ticket that he stuck me with.

Payed up and on with life

Last edited:
lol why is this thread still going on.

Most of us, including me, carry our ownership papers on us.

.........it's also 2016, and anything on paper that is not digital is stupid. Considering I can write a program to read paper copies of things (look up OCR), the law needs to get updated. But hey, human processes are always slow as hell.

油井緋色;2438857 said:
lol why is this thread still going on.

Most of us, including me, carry our ownership papers on us.

.........it's also 2016, and anything on paper that is not digital is stupid. Considering I can write a program to read paper copies of things (look up OCR), the law needs to get updated. But hey, human processes are always slow as hell.

If your phone gets damaged or lost either by ride/error or by collision/accident, what then? If you collide with me and you can't produce papers, I wouldn't be very pleasant....and you couldn't even blame me for not believing you 'have insurance, just not on you..."

If your phone gets damaged or lost either by ride/error or by collision/accident, what then? If you collide with me and you can't produce papers, I wouldn't be very pleasant....and you couldn't even blame me for not believing you 'have insurance, just not on you..."

OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, any cloud solution.

油井緋色;2438990 said:
OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, any cloud solution.

If your smart phone "gets damaged or lost either by ride/error or by collission/accident" at the side of the road, how are you going to access any of those? And more importantly, at the end of the day it's not going to stop LEO from issuing you a ticket for lack of proof of insurance if he/she feels like it.

If your smart phone "gets damaged or lost either by ride/error or by collission/accident" at the side of the road, how are you going to access any of those? And more importantly, at the end of the day it's not going to stop LEO from issuing you a ticket for lack of proof of insurance if he/she feels like it.

Do you have a phone?

If not does that random bystander have a phone?

Does the LEO have a computer in their cruiser that connects to a database with the MTO containing licenses and insurance policies provided on your license plate renewal?

Did I really have to spell it out for anyone? We live in the "pay $1,000 for a tiny handheld computer" age.

And in the case of only having paper documents (I have both), what if you get ejected and your car explodes burning up your documents? An electronic copy will suffice for more situations than a paper copy. Hell, I could login to my cloud on your phone and share my documents with you so you don't have to write any notes down if we were to get into an accident.

Now all you have to do is get a cop and the legal system to agree with you.

油井緋色;2439019 said:
Do you have a phone?

If not does that random bystander have a phone?

Does the LEO have a computer in their cruiser that connects to a database with the MTO containing licenses and insurance policies provided on your license plate renewal?

Did I really have to spell it out for anyone? We live in the "pay $1,000 for a tiny handheld computer" age.

And in the case of only having paper documents (I have both), what if you get ejected and your car explodes burning up your documents? An electronic copy will suffice for more situations than a paper copy. Hell, I could login to my cloud on your phone and share my documents with you so you don't have to write any notes down if we were to get into an accident.

I will probably old and dying (I'm pretty young right now) by the time the legal system catches up. Until then, I'll have to keep carrying both.

Pretty sure that was his original point.. the requirement to have a fancy little pink slip in this day and age is a tad silly no

Back
Top Bottom