Are the following bikes fall under Super Sports class? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are the following bikes fall under Super Sports class?

Isn't the Diavel a cruiser with the feet in front?

What is the Diavel?

The Diavel is Ducati's "Sport Cruiser" or "Power Cruiser" motorcycle, in roughly the same space occupied by the Harley-Davidson V-Rod (V-Rod Muscle, V-Rod Night Rod), the Yamaha V-Max and Star Raider, the Suzuki B-King and Boulevard M109R, Triumph Thunderbird Storm, Victory Hammer, etc. However the Diavel has re-written the rules for PERFORMANCE in any bike that could even remotely be called a "Cruiser". The Diavel is just as comfortable with it's low seat height and comfortable handlebar position, but with 162 Italian Horsepower on tap, the Diavel will not lose any stoplight drag, and has all the power you need for effortless passing on the highway. With it's 90-degree L Twin powerplant, and Ducati's distinctive Desmodromic valve control, the beefy sound of the Diavel may frighten small children but will put a big smile on your face!

Another consideration is that it weighs 239 kgs.

Last edited:
What is the Diavel?

The Diavel is Ducati's "Sport Cruiser" or "Power Cruiser" motorcycle, in roughly the same space occupied by the Harley-Davidson V-Rod (V-Rod Muscle, V-Rod Night Rod), the Yamaha V-Max and Star Raider, the Suzuki B-King and Boulevard M109R, Triumph Thunderbird Storm, Victory Hammer, etc. However the Diavel has re-written the rules for PERFORMANCE in any bike that could even remotely be called a "Cruiser". The Diavel is just as comfortable with it's low seat height and comfortable handlebar position, but with 162 Italian Horsepower on tap, the Diavel will not lose any stoplight drag, and has all the power you need for effortless passing on the highway. With it's 90-degree L Twin powerplant, and Ducati's distinctive Desmodromic valve control, the beefy sound of the Diavel may frighten small children but will put a big smile on your face!

Another consideration is that it weighs 239 kgs.

What is the Diavel?

A big and expensive toy that is dangerous and will kill you, but will still cost you cheaper to insure than a SS :D

Yes it will. However, I am too young to die.

Haha, we all are pretty young to die. But most of us can't afford Ducati's, let alone Diavels :D... My bike budget tops out at $3500, so people like me can only afford 2000-2004 600F4i's or 2000-2004 636, or them 125's lol.

Haha, we all are pretty young to die. But most of us can't afford Ducati's, let alone Diavels :D... My bike budget tops out at $3500, so people like me can only afford 2000-2004 600F4i's or 2000-2004 636, or them 125's lol.

Personally, for me anything that has 2 wheels and is a motorcycle is fun. Engine size does not matter. I used to ride with a girl that had a 250. That was fun. (Come to think of it this could be interpreted in many ways. Lol.)

Personally, for me anything that has 2 wheels and is a motorcycle is fun. Engine size does not matter. I used to ride with a girl that had a 250. That was fun. (Come to think of it this could be interpreted in many ways. Lol.)

Aye man anything on two wheels is a go, be it a ****** 50cc scooter or a motorcycle. I used to have 2013 CBR250R ABS, sadly I don't have a bike anymore. My bike went bye bye do to a stupid cager failing to Yield right of way and colliding with me at Kennedy Rd & Derry Rd on March 12th, 2016. I'm pretty bummed out, and you mentioned girls on bikes... I live near a HS so I see bunch of kiddos on Ninja 250's and I seen few girls around my area on Ninja 300's... How I miss riding. Was looking at Auto Traders just now and someone is selling 2000 Yammy R1 for $2,200. Sadly being 23 and living in Brampton I know what the magical insurance on that thing will be. My 250 costed me $3440 to run, ridiculous and stupid, but I went with Riders Plus, a kiddo on my street 18 and just got his M2 is paying $160/mon on his Ninja 250 via Desjardins, so I'm pretty ****** off as Riders Plus being total rip off.

But then again I just have idiotic luck. A buddy of mine got brand spanking new R3 and he is with Aviva or whatever it's called and still the guy is paying less than I did on my used 250, with the guy also living in brampton and being 21. Another great example is I was selling my gear and a guy that bought an Icon jacket from me was 21, M1 and on a bloody 2002 R1 still paying cheaper then I was on my 250, I sometimes wonder the hell did I do? Clean record, had training cert. from Humber.

Last edited:
Aye man anything on two wheels is a go, be it a ****** 50cc scooter or a motorcycle. I used to have 2013 CBR250R ABS, sadly I don't have a bike anymore. My bike went bye bye do to a stupid cager failing to Yield right of way and colliding with me at Kennedy Rd & Derry Rd on March 12th, 2016. I'm pretty bummed out, and you mentioned girls on bikes... I live near a HS so I see bunch of kiddos on Ninja 250's and I seen few girls around my area on Ninja 300's... How I miss riding. Was looking at Auto Traders just now and someone is selling 2000 Yammy R1 for $2,200. Sadly being 23 and living in Brampton I know what the magical insurance on that thing will be. My 250 costed me $3440 to run, ridiculous and stupid, but I went with Riders Plus, a kiddo on my street 18 and just got his M2 is paying $160/mon on his Ninja 250 via Desjardins, so I'm pretty ****** off as Riders Plus being total rip off.

But then again I just have idiotic luck. A buddy of mine got brand spanking new R3 and he is with Aviva or whatever it's called and still the guy is paying less than I did on my used 250, with the guy also living in brampton and being 21. Another great example is I was selling my gear and a guy that bought an Icon jacket from me was 21, M1 and on a bloody 2002 R1 still paying cheaper then I was on my 250, I sometimes wonder the hell did I do? Clean record, had training cert. from Humber.
Facto, not so nice on newer riders. They seem to like the 4 or 5+ year experience/continuous insurance bracket of riders. Didn't try Paul South?

Facto, not so nice on newer riders. They seem to like the 4 or 5+ year experience/continuous insurance bracket of riders. Didn't try Paul South?

It seems so, to have a "decent" insurance on a sports bikes this day's you have to be:

1. Married
2. 30+
3. GM Licensed
4. Licenced for many years
5. Don't live in Brampton, Mississauga or most of GTA

I made few calls just to be shut down with "sorry we don't insure CBR250R" it's like nearly all insurance companies this days only insure cruisers. Then again Supermotos are cheap to insure, but they cost quite a bit. $7000-$8000 for something like Suzuki DR-Z400SM/Z400S, with it being bit more cheaper to make KTM enduro into a street legal supermoto for less than that. I think the general problem is Ontario really, I heard in Alberta bikes are cheap to insure and same goes for Quebec, for some odd reason Federal government doesn't really care at what idiocy the insurance companies in Ontario have reached, cutting insurance cost by 5% while killing benefits by 30%, and still costing a fortune for new drivers be it auto insurance or a motorcycle insurance.

He probably meant liter bike, just a typo or something.

liter....leader

lol...that's a hard ****ing typo. I knew the spelling and grammar in this thread was probably going right down the shitter as soon as I read the title.

btw, no offense intended but that CBR250 was a piece of **** anyways so good riddance :D and glad you're still doing well. If you're going to get a 250, gotta stick with King Kawi. **** fuel injection and all that bs, they ruled the entire class til they jumped up to 300+ cc and everyone came aboard.

Last edited:
Was it Desjardins re-classed sport touring litre bikes in the SuperSport group?

Superduke has class leading power to weight ratio. I will say it should be in SS or no naked in SS.;)

You should consider 2016 brutale 800/RR. Media feedback is really good.

Sorry to hear that. I understand it sucks big B*@^s.
Look on the bright side. MMMMmmmm. Still thinking.
My Insurance is guided by Cornerstone Brokers. I am paying $1800 per annum. Also live in Brampton. However, I am 60+.
Good Luck in getting another bike soon.

P.S. I can`t be looking at young girls. Have to stay respectable. There, now you can look on the bright side. You can look at young girls.

There's no obvious logic to how they categorize bikes. I knew a guy who was paying $5k to insure a Tuono, but Bikerider says his isn't considered an SS. My company said the Ninja 1000 (Z1000SX not ZX10R) was an SS & wouldn't insure, but quoted a reasonable rate for a Z1000. Pretty stupid considering they're the same bike except some plastic and a larger tank.

Try it the other way around. Talk to insurance companies and get a list of bikes that they will insure for you, and are in your budget, and see if any interest you.

There's no obvious logic to how they categorize bikes. I knew a guy who was paying $5k to insure a Tuono, but Bikerider says his isn't considered an SS. My company said the Ninja 1000 (Z1000SX not ZX10R) was an SS & wouldn't insure, but quoted a reasonable rate for a Z1000. Pretty stupid considering they're the same bike except some plastic and a larger tank.

Try it the other way around. Talk to insurance companies and get a list of bikes that they will insure for you, and are in your budget, and see if any interest you.

I did ask, few companies. Here is what they told me "We often Quote bikes based on what clients tell us they are buying, we can't give you a list of all the bikes we are willing to insure." then again I might have just gotten a ****** agent, it matters alot from the person you're also talking to. But that is stupid indeed, Ninja 1000 and Z1000 are pretty much the same bike with bit different fairings and one being called Standard while the other is Naked. I'm gonna assume the insurance would be just as @nal about Suzuki GSX-S1000F v. GSX-S1000, but then again there is always GSX-S750 or older Gladius if you can still find those around.

liter....leader

lol...that's a hard ****ing typo. I knew the spelling and grammar in this thread was probably going right down the shitter as soon as I read the title.

btw, no offense intended but that CBR250 was a piece of **** anyways so good riddance :D and glad you're still doing well. If you're going to get a 250, gotta stick with King Kawi. **** fuel injection and all that bs, they ruled the entire class til they jumped up to 300+ cc and everyone came aboard.

Haha, sorry grammar isn't my strongest, I'm Ukrainian by nationality and came to Canada back in 03, so it was either learning English or learning how to properly write, I manage to get the speaking part correct truth lol, writing part lacked behind with grammar :D, well CBR250 and CBR300 for some odd reasons are only singles next to overpriced RC390, Kawi, Yammy and Suzuki's 250/320's are all P2's.

Only bikes I'm willing to buy from Honda are CBR600RR/600F4i, 1000RR and VFR800F... You can't go wrong with VFR lol, just talking to Freekeguy made me bit doubtful of the VFR do to its magical V-TEC and engine timing, so from my understanding engine repairs on VFR will cost ya.

Sorry to hear that. I understand it sucks big B*@^s.
Look on the bright side. MMMMmmmm. Still thinking.
My Insurance is guided by Cornerstone Brokers. I am paying $1800 per annum. Also live in Brampton. However, I am 60+.
Good Luck in getting another bike soon.

P.S. I can`t be looking at young girls. Have to stay respectable. There, now you can look on the bright side. You can look at young girls.

Bright side I'm alive and should wear a cam 24/7. I been summoned to court on Aug 10th, 2016 as the SUV driver is claiming she ain't guilty. While she was charged with HTA S.130 Careless Driving and she clearly failed to Yield and went on my Green her Red infront of entire freaking intersection with loads of cars in all directions, with me rolling on the ground hearing people yell at her, yet idiot like this still says she ain't guilty. Moral of the story? Stay away from Brampton and wear a Cam, not first time I nearly died in Brampton. I had a Chrysler 300 merge into me, my foot was touching his/her car while they continued to push me off the road into the medium.

I'm gonna save up and wait till I'm at least 25, I heard from many that's the time when your insurance starts to go down (kind of), my M2 is valid till 2020 anyways so I still got 3 1/2 years to do my M2 exit, probably the time I will also get a bike is around that time so I can get some riding experience and do my exit course.

Haha Young girls :D. I don't know, I learned one thing from having a motorcycle you only attract high school girls and a lot of guys lol, girls my own age often can careless about a bike, oh and you do get that rare cougar ones in a blue moon checking you out from her BMW :D

Superduke has class leading power to weight ratio. I will say it should be in SS or no naked in SS.;)

You should consider 2016 brutale 800/RR. Media feedback is really good.

I think Super Duke is up there with rest of 1000+cc nakeds, except CB1000R, kind of hate Honda for this, they build nice bikes but lack behind on electronics like traction control and riding modes even on there 1000's

I'm gonna save up and wait till I'm at least 25, I heard from many that's the time when your insurance starts to go down (kind of), my M2 is valid till 2020 anyways so I still got 3 1/2 years to do my M2 exit, probably the time I will also get a bike is around that time so I can get some riding experience and do my exit course.

3 1/2 years without riding could be tough. Get yourself a green plated dirt bike, and hit the trails at the Ganaraska & Simcoe Forests. All you need is liability insurance for green plate. Try State Farm. Skills will improve dramatically by the time you do your M2 exit.

Back
Top Bottom