Are the following bikes fall under Super Sports class? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are the following bikes fall under Super Sports class?

2wzilla

Called Deajardins yesterday to see what they want for a 2004 CBR600F4i was talked to go away as it's considered a super sports, this days it's hard as hell to find insurance who is willing to insure sports bikes, but there is a trick of going Naked or Sports Touring. Out of curiosity and maybe more experience from members of this communities, what are some good insurance for sports bikes and would you think the bikes I listed below classify as Sports?

1. Honda VFR800F
2. Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
3. KTM 1290 Super Duke
4. Triumph Street Triple
5. Yamaha FZ-07/09

Im aware #3-5 are classified as Naked but just wondering if that's also true for insurance or would they still rate them as Sports given that there pretty fast Naked bikes. But most interest is the VFR, if anyone here has VFR does your insurance classify it as Super Sports or Sports Touring?

Thanks in advance.

1. maybe
2. for sure
3. should be
4. ok
5. ok

Allstate is the way to go for SS at the moment. paying the less this year than I ever have with better coverage.

.. also; Speed Triple 1050 for sale if interested ;) haha

Huh so Triumph made 1050cc street triple damn, I only knew of 675. Isn't Allstate requires you to have full M and be 27 or something like that? Thanks for the offer truth, gonna pass I got a very tiny budget at the moment, plus I'm more of a Honda fanboy if I knew I could afford insurance CBR1000RR would be the bike for me. But I'm gonna have to settle with either ZX-6R/636, 600F4i or 600RR, or go into the rebel territory and get them Supermoto :)

Huh so Triumph made 1050cc street triple damn, I only knew of 675. Isn't Allstate requires you to have full M and be 27 or something like that? Thanks for the offer truth, gonna pass I got a very tiny budget at the moment, plus I'm more of a Honda fanboy if I knew I could afford insurance CBR1000RR would be the bike for me. But I'm gonna have to settle with either ZX-6R/636, 600F4i or 600RR, or go into the rebel territory and get them Supermoto :)

Speed triple = leader bike
Street triple = 675

my Tuono is not considered a super sport.... muahahahaha

because it doesn't have that racing front fairings lol. Monster never less, should call insurance and ask them about Ducati Monster, it's like Diavel is cheaper then SS as Diavel ain't considered SS, crazy.

because it doesn't have that racing front fairings lol. Monster never less, should call insurance and ask them about Ducati Monster, it's like Diavel is cheaper then SS as Diavel ain't considered SS, crazy.

Isn't the Diavel a cruiser with the feet in front?

I don't know. But what I know it's mad fast, and if it's a cruiser... Well it's fast as hell.

I'm getting a little confused doing some quick googling, but it looks like the Diavel is technically a cruiser but pretty close to a standard while the new XDiaval is definitely a cruiser. I could be wrong though.

Monster 1200r: 160 hp, standard bike with Superbike DNA
Diavel: 162hp power standard/cruiser hybrid that can go like snot
xDiavek: Ducati's first foray into cruiser marker, feet forward position.

FWIW, my Monster 1100evo is not considered a super sport, nor should it with "only" 100hp & 76 ft-lbs of torque but at 375 lbs dry, it sure leaves a smile on my face with I twist my right wrist.

I'm getting a little confused doing some quick googling, but it looks like the Diavel is technically a cruiser but pretty close to a standard while the new XDiaval is definitely a cruiser. I could be wrong though.

Diavel is a tricky thing. The peg position reminds me of Naked bike while technically it's considered a cruiser as per Wiki and Ducati themselves. So as @DucatiDan suggested for sakes of the argument the Diavel is a cruiser/standard hybrid, while the insurance will consider it as a cruiser.

Monster 1200r: 160 hp, standard bike with Superbike DNA
Diavel: 162hp power standard/cruiser hybrid that can go like snot
xDiavek: Ducati's first foray into cruiser marker, feet forward position.

FWIW, my Monster 1100evo is not considered a super sport, nor should it with "only" 100hp & 76 ft-lbs of torque but at 375 lbs dry, it sure leaves a smile on my face with I twist my right wrist.

So what's the fine gray line when a bike is considered a SS? I looked up Monster 821 Dark which puts out 112hp. I remember calling State Farm and Co-Operators and was told to beat it trying to insure a 2013 CBR250R, I don't recall who of this two was it exactly but I was told they don't support any Honda bike with designation CBR****, was pretty mind blown as 250R isn't a powerful bike and its less power than Ninja 250R.

I was told the insurance companies are lagging behind bike models in the class. Like the Ducati Panigle 899 or 959 is considered standard..... but the window is opened for only few years. This is said by an insurance broker. So dont shoot me if that's wrong

I was told the insurance companies are lagging behind bike models in the class. Like the Ducati Panigle 899 or 959 is considered standard..... but the window is opened for only few years. This is said by an insurance broker. So dont shoot me if that's wrong

I kind of understand it with Ducati. Ducati's ain't cheap and as such you would not have a young guy riding the **** out of it like he would on 600RR or ZX6R, then again it does happen but rarely. I often see "older" riders on Ducati's or KTM 1290/RC8 as compared to young guys I see on R1's and stuff. I was selling some gear and a guy picked it up off me, the guy was 21 with 2000 R1, just got his M1.

I'm a Honda guy since I'm not rich enough to afford a Ducati/KTM/Triumph/MV/Aprilia, so I stick with Honda. I want VFR800F since I love that thing and it has great reviews, only thing is I recall Freekeguy telling me it has some valve timing issues and motor is bit more tricky to work with.

CBR1100XX is for sure, but in my opinion worth the insurance I pay to be able to ride this fine machine!

Back
Top Bottom