New Rider, need some HELP! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider, need some HELP!

Sunnyb

Hey guys, I'm a new rider. I have my M1(also hold a G2 clean driving abstract) and I'm 17. I got a steal price on a 2009 Hyosung GT250R so I went ahead and purchased it. I taught myself how to ride in parking lots and off YouTube videos. I wanted to know if there's any insurance company's who will insure me for a fair price? Any ideas?! Thanks alot!

Short answer? No. But you could call a few and ask, just not if you have a weak heart. Good luck.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Not sure if trolling...

772955054.png

Insurance is not going to be cheap with the factors you have. M1,17 years old and an old bike.
Good luck, if it's too much, consider going under someone who already has car insurance(Dad or Mom) and add motorcycle to it.

Always best to get insurance quote on bike you are getting before buying one.

Depends what you see as fair.

When I was first licensed when I was 17 going on 18 with an M2 (knowing how much insurance would cost because I called ahead), the cheapest I could find was $3500/yr for liability only on an '07 cbr125 (which I bought for $1700).

I felt that was unfair, but was prepared for it and waited until the next year where I paid $1950 the second year licensed. All depends on what you see as fair.

I now pay $650/yr for liability + comprehensive for a ninja 300.

Cheapest you'll likely find will probably be $2000+/yr. All depends on what you see as fair.

Insurance is not going to be cheap with the factors you have. M1,17 years old and an old bike.
Good luck, if it's too much, consider going under someone who already has car insurance(Dad or Mom) and add motorcycle to it.

Always best to get insurance quote on bike you are getting before buying one.

If I were to get my motorcycle added to their insurance, would they need to get their M1?

Are you insured under a vehicle already? As a primary or secondary driver? You can then put your motorcycle under same insurance company and get a better rate from that.

Assuming the company does motorcycle insurance, if you have to start with new company, then other person needs a M(1/2) license also.

Back
Top Bottom