The new McDonalds Layout | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The new McDonalds Layout

As long as I get my 2 JR chickens and a Mc Double I'm happy. The self serve stations are pretty useless though.

At $1.59, the McDouble supposedly has the highest nutrition value to cost ratio of any food item available.

At $1.59, the McDouble supposedly has the highest nutrition value to cost ratio of any food item available.
$1.59? Arent they $1.89? Or am I getting my fast food joints mixed up?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

$1.59? Arent they $1.89? Or am I getting my fast food joints mixed up?

I thought the double cheeseburger with 2 cheese slices is $1.89. The McDouble has one cheese slice.

Caloric value or nutritional value?

Both. Despite it's high fat content, it still has plenty of protein. Basically cheapest food that will keep you alive for the longest if you're starving.

I thought the double cheeseburger with 2 cheese slices is $1.89. The McDouble has one cheese slice.

Both. Despite it's high fat content, it still has plenty of protein. Basically cheapest food that will keep you alive for the longest if you're starving.
I might have to make a run to check...I always tell people that it is not worth it for the double cheeseburger because (I thought) it was $0.60 more that a McDouble.
Will definitely have to go there. In the name of gtam investigation, of course.?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Went last night to my local one. Consistently bad service for the last 15 years. Only use it as a last resort. Will not miss them if they fade away. Was their own doing.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

In short, clickbait. McDonalds seems to be doing just fine when you look beyond clickbait headlines.

So some franchisee who have let their restaurants deteriorate are now facing huge costs to bring themselves up to McDonalds standards and requirements again, one utters "final days!" and of course some website snatches that up and makes a nice clickbait doom and gloom story based solely around a handful of lousy underperforming locations with owners that want to cry about their issues.

McDonalds is in it's "final days" as much as people say the same thing about Apple every few years. Neither are going anywhere.

The new self order kiosk things, mixed feelings - I've used them a lot (since the ONE freakin' cash they have now at many locations leaves few other options unless you want to stand in a 10 minute line to order) and they're OK...will probably get faster as people (including myself) get more used to the menu layout. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the "get a number and go join the huge crowd of people" method of waiting for your food though.

They are definitely trying to reinvent themselves but the doom and gloom stories are ridiculous. I do love their coffee, blows Timmies out of the water - that was one of the best things they ever did - for those old enough here to remember what their coffee was like back in the yellow styrofoam cup days (before they finally got with the program however long ago) will agree that this was one of their best decisions ever.

I don't like using the kiosk so I stopped going. Didn't go much anyways, but now it's never.

Mccafe was good better than timmies, but consistently bad quality from McDonalds has stopped me from going.

Tried emailing customer support to let them know.... no change. I won't go now.

In short, clickbait. McDonalds seems to be doing just fine when you look beyond clickbait headlines.

So some franchisee who have let their restaurants deteriorate are now facing huge costs to bring themselves up to McDonalds standards and requirements again, one utters "final days!" and of course some website snatches that up and makes a nice clickbait doom and gloom story based solely around a handful of lousy underperforming locations with owners that want to cry about their issues.

McDonalds is in it's "final days" as much as people say the same thing about Apple every few years. Neither are going anywhere.

The new self order kiosk things, mixed feelings - I've used them a lot (since the ONE freakin' cash they have now at many locations leaves few other options unless you want to stand in a 10 minute line to order) and they're OK...will probably get faster as people (including myself) get more used to the menu layout. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the "get a number and go join the huge crowd of people" method of waiting for your food though.

They are definitely trying to reinvent themselves but the doom and gloom stories are ridiculous. I do love their coffee, blows Timmies out of the water - that was one of the best things they ever did - for those old enough here to remember what their coffee was like back in the yellow styrofoam cup days (before they finally got with the program however long ago) will agree that this was one of their best decisions ever.

The self serve is to get you used to ordering yourself, then they'll transition you to the app, ala Starbucks.
You order on the app and just pick up your food at the location of your choosing. Payment directly through the app, no muss no fuss.

It was in testing stages back in March this year but wider rollout is in the works. You can't fault them for trying to keep up. I agree, they're not going anywhere any time soon.

I'm not Randy Bobandy. I don't get drunk and whore myself out for cheeseburgers Mr. Lahey... I need at least a 32oz kobe steak.

I'll have to look into the quarter pounders.

There is only one place where you can eat Kobe steak and that is in Montreal.

The self serve is to get you used to ordering yourself, then they'll transition you to the app, ala Starbucks.
You order on the app and just pick up your food at the location of your choosing. Payment directly through the app, no muss no fuss.

It was in testing stages back in March this year but wider rollout is in the works. You can't fault them for trying to keep up. I agree, they're not going anywhere any time soon.

Those self serve Kiosks are putting kids/seniors out of job.
McD's has the money...now they use technology to get rid of staff and keep more profits...not as if the money was redirected towards better 'food'...more dumb commercials and whatever else...craft burgers, lol

Those self serve Kiosks are putting kids/seniors out of job.
McD's has the money...now they use technology to get rid of staff and keep more profits...not as if the money was redirected towards better 'food'...more dumb commercials and whatever else...craft burgers, lol

They're just trying to remain (as) profitable as they've been. With the whole 'health food' craze over the past decade and a bit, they've been trying to maintain those double digit returns quarter after quarter.

The jobs are still there, they still need folks to make the food and put it in a bag, and compose the order. Just no need for a dedicated cashier.

Strangely enough @nfq they have now moved to a dedicated cashier. As in all they do it take orders. They do not get your coffee. Or burger. Or drinks. They stand at the register, take your order and take payment. They do this even if there is no one else in the line, and people waiting for their food.

Strangely enough @nfq they have now moved to a dedicated cashier. As in all they do it take orders. They do not get your coffee. Or burger. Or drinks. They stand at the register, take your order and take payment. They do this even if there is no one else in the line, and people waiting for their food.

There's a dedicated person for drinks, dedicated person to make sure everything is in the bag, etc etc.

It's the Kaizen type model of 1-role->1-person. A lot of Tim Hortons downtown have this setup as well: dedicated cashier, dedicated coffee person and dedicated grab bag person, per till (Dundas Square by Ryerson is a good example). They move people in and out quickly, when everyone is there.

As for apps, I like the PizzaPizza app model, where when you order they give you micro-coupons for your next purchase, comes out to $7-$9 worth of food every 10 orders or so. That's a good incentive to use the app and order more frequently.

I eat lunch out someplace everyday, in the ever competitive food business there are a lot of healthier choices for the same or less money than a McD bag of grease. Add better service and more convenience at hundreds of other places and its not a hard decision.

haven't been to mac since my kids were tykes & getting that 2c gift/toy with a meal was the main reason ended up there at all, even at that, not much

used to be HUGE back in the day tho

Last edited:
A lot of Tim Hortons downtown have this setup as well: dedicated cashier, dedicated coffee person and dedicated grab bag person, per till (Dundas Square by Ryerson is a good example). They move people in and out quickly, when everyone is there.

If this is the solution to making the dine-in experience at Tim Hortons "quick", then all their locations need to adopt this system yesterday.

I'm so fed up with Timmies that I avoid them now. No fan of their coffee really anyways (like I said, McD's is better, or Starbucks if it's around), and their baked goods all suck now, but when I'm left with no other option and I do get sucked into one the service inside is always TERRIBLE. What bothers me to no end is that it seems like every location has 10 or 12 people rushing cars through drivethrough, but for those who bothered to park and come inside you're met with 1 or 2 people handling everyone, and lineups up to and often out the door as a result.

I often joke that it would be faster to go through the drivethrough and then bring your stuff back inside if you wanted to sit inside afterwards. Except it's really no joke.

Reason why their baked goods are horrible compared to before is because everything comes in frozen as before they used to bake fresh. This reduced their need to rely on skilled bakers. Now any clown can do it.

Tim Hortons' sandwiches suck. Their pulled pork was crap....

If this is the solution to making the dine-in experience at Tim Hortons "quick", then all their locations need to adopt this system yesterday.

I'm so fed up with Timmies that I avoid them now. No fan of their coffee really anyways (like I said, McD's is better, or Starbucks if it's around), and their baked goods all suck now, but when I'm left with no other option and I do get sucked into one the service inside is always TERRIBLE. What bothers me to no end is that it seems like every location has 10 or 12 people rushing cars through drivethrough, but for those who bothered to park and come inside you're met with 1 or 2 people handling everyone, and lineups up to and often out the door as a result.

I often joke that it would be faster to go through the drivethrough and then bring your stuff back inside if you wanted to sit inside afterwards. Except it's really no joke.

Back
Top Bottom