The new McDonalds Layout | GTAMotorcycle.com

The new McDonalds Layout

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Is it just me but has the cart gone before the horse? They used to have more cash registers and the lines were more organized IMO. Now there are two order stations and you get a number. Then you stand around waiting for your stuff while people coming in think you're waiting to order. Orders seem more messed up as well.

Lots of new stuff on the menu but you have to read fast.

They started a new concept in the east called McDonald's Next. Change of design. Change of menu. Kinda weird as they say the customer should have a better experience. I don’t like the self serve kiosks. If you are staying in, they are supposed to bring your food to you.
People standing around, yeah confusing. And what about the butt bar? The semi seat while you wait. Strange.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

What now? At first blush I thought great, more white peoples problems but I see they still sell Chicken McNuggetts, so obviously not.

Self serve kiosks are great. No more trying to explain to the cashier what I want to buy, and feeling rushed to make a decisions because there is a person in front of me taking an order. Or the not hearing me because theres too much noise around. Machines won't get impatient.

What now? At first blush I thought great, more white peoples problems but I see they still sell Chicken McNuggetts, so obviously not.

Ohhhh snap!

It appears they are in a sales decline and trying different things to attract customers.
In parts of the US they are testing using fresh beef (not frozen patties).

They need to focus on whatever the bread is made from.

I get the sense they're trying to distance themselves from the old "fast food" label (like all other fast food corps), and this is part of that effort. I think they reserve the speedy delivery methods for the drive-through, which makes sense.

Inside, the self-serve stations suck. Not intuitive, and I can't specify "hold the mayo" or apply a coupon or whatever. The flatscreen menu boards are not helpful, and combined with the ever increasing and evolving menu items I'm just going to stick with the same old stuff from now on. Otherwise not much different. Still waiting around as much as before, just now I have a number tied to my order and a place to rest my fattening behind.

As long as I get my 2 JR chickens and a Mc Double I'm happy. The self serve stations are pretty useless though.

Now if only they would do all day breakfast, then they'd see my money more than once a year.

Screw that, they need all day burgers. I want to wake up at 8am sunday hungover and go get some greasy bacon mcdoubles.

Now if only they would do all day breakfast, then they'd see my money more than once a year.
US has it

I let my son order for himself at the self serve kiosk. He ordered a bacon mcdouble, added lettuce and tomato. One slice of tomato was 40 cents.lol!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I get the sense they're trying to distance themselves from the old "fast food" label (like all other fast food corps), and this is part of that effort. I think they reserve the speedy delivery methods for the drive-through, which makes sense.

Inside, the self-serve stations suck. Not intuitive, and I can't specify "hold the mayo" or apply a coupon or whatever. The flatscreen menu boards are not helpful, and combined with the ever increasing and evolving menu items I'm just going to stick with the same old stuff from now on. Otherwise not much different. Still waiting around as much as before, just now I have a number tied to my order and a place to rest my fattening behind.
That's the plan. Become more upscale. Strangely enough, they have plans to make the drive thru a little slower but more personal. Thoughts of talking to a person to order instead of a mic.

I agree about the kiosks. Same issues.

Self serve kiosks are great. No more trying to explain to the cashier what I want to buy, and feeling rushed to make a decisions because there is a person in front of me taking an order. Or the not hearing me because theres too much noise around. Machines won't get impatient.

You don't have a boyfriend, do you? I mean, "trying to explain what I want", "feeling rushed", "won't get impatient ". You're a demanding one aren't you? ?
(As the written word sometimes comes across wrong, this was all firmly tongue -in-cheek. )

I let my son order for himself at the self serve kiosk. He ordered a bacon mcdouble, added lettuce and tomato. One slice of tomato was 40 cents.lol!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk
You wanna barf? Check out the price of a slice of processed cheese. Smh

That's the plan. Become more upscale. Strangely enough, they have plans to make the drive thru a little slower but more personal. Thoughts of talking to a person to order instead of a mic.

I agree about the kiosks. Same issues.

How about going back to roller skates and trays hooked on windows. Does that exist anymore anywhere?

How about going back to roller skates and trays hooked on windows. Does that exist anymore anywhere?
I do believe they are still around down south. And iirc there is one place in Ontario that does it in the summer. Now I gotta google it.
And I want a burger.

The app is coming soon as well. Order from your phone. Walk in and pick it up. Payment deducted when your order. Similar to what Starbucks is doing with their 'skip the line' model.

Until you bite into an Egg McMuffin on the 401 @ 130 and you get a mouth full of egg shell that tastes like you bit into a pack of matches, then you're off the place forever.

Back
Top Bottom