Bargaining a New Motorcycle? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bargaining a New Motorcycle?

"I just bought a brand new back in Feb and picked it up two weeks ago".

You think the price/rates/deals is better in the slow winter season for new bikes?

Bought a sm from Snowcity this year too. got them to knock off frieght/pdi. got it for mrsp + tax and a couple free filters. About as good as you're gonna get.

Bought a sm from Snowcity this year too. got them to knock off frieght/pdi. got it for mrsp + tax and a couple free filters. About as good as you're gonna get.
I'm thinking you have an advantage over Connor.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Sounds like that b*stard bought my bike too :lmao:

I'm not sure what a filter is worth, but I'd bet the out the door price on either bike is within $50 of each other. Not too concerned either way. Doesn't sound like people are getting amazing deals on them unlike cars and trucks.

Sounds like that b*stard bought my bike too :lmao:

I'm not sure what a filter is worth, but I'd bet the out the door price on either bike is within $50 of each other. Not too concerned either way. Doesn't sound like people are getting amazing deals on them unlike cars and trucks.
Got mine 2 months ago

Bikes are never really a hot seller like cars. Deals are hard to come by. Vos motors has a 2015 in stock and so does Suzuki of Newmarket.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Feels great knowing something others don't:cool: Doesn't it? Are you giddy with delight? I'm busting over here, I want to spill the beans soooo bad. So, when's the big reveal? Will you be sending out notifications? :D

Feels great knowing something others don't:cool: Doesn't it? Are you giddy with delight? I'm busting over here, I want to spill the beans soooo bad. So, when's the big reveal? Will you be sending out notifications? :D
Tag Me when you find it cuz I'd like to know too

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

A decent example of making a friend at a dealership, the 2014 Vstrom650 got a recall notice. I call the dealer closest to me, which is NOT where the bike was purchased. Service manager tells me " we look at it, determine if it needs the doohickey, Suzuki oks the fix, we order the part on the recall form and two weeks later you get the bike back" , me says "really?? you cant have a part on hand" service guy says "Suzuki ships us the part no charge based on the recall #, its not a stock part, thats how Suzi wants it done" I says " geez , two weeks?" he says " Did you buy the bike from us ???" I say "no, on a recall does it make a difference? " knowing what he was saying...........
Sometimes the $500.00 you saved buying a bike in Collingwood when your local the Hamilton area wasn't a savings at all.

Actually, I heard the dealers usually have good deals towards the end of the season because no one is buying at that time of the year.

I my case, if I wait until March, I don't think I could get the same good deal. I checked again after the purchase, and I didn't find anything that was close to the deal I had for the same bike.

"I just bought a brand new back in Feb and picked it up two weeks ago".

You think the price/rates/deals is better in the slow winter season for new bikes?

A decent example of making a friend at a dealership, the 2014 Vstrom650 got a recall notice. I call the dealer closest to me, which is NOT where the bike was purchased. Service manager tells me " we look at it, determine if it needs the doohickey, Suzuki oks the fix, we order the part on the recall form and two weeks later you get the bike back" , me says "really?? you cant have a part on hand" service guy says "Suzuki ships us the part no charge based on the recall #, its not a stock part, thats how Suzi wants it done" I says " geez , two weeks?" he says " Did you buy the bike from us ???" I say "no, on a recall does it make a difference? " knowing what he was saying...........
Sometimes the $500.00 you saved buying a bike in Collingwood when your local the Hamilton area wasn't a savings at all.

That's why you get your local Hamilton dealer to compete with the price that the Collingwood dealer quoted you with. They would usually at least match it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom