What's for dinner? | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. Time for more food pictures!
I grilled an orange and ginger spiced cedar planked salmon on the Weber Summit. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Served. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

I use a temp probe to cook the salmon perfectly. Very moist and tasty.
attachment.php

The side is Instant pot mushroom funghi risotto from scratch, classic style (with a pad of butter and fresh hand-grated grana padano cheese ;)). Awesome:agave::agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers

Last edited:
I try to be open minded and flexible when food shopping, and pretty much always with great success. This time I saw wooden box oranges at one of my local grocery stores :eek:. It's a rare site that I remember from growing up and I don't see around hardly at all any longer. The oranges looked great so I picked up a box :).
1174541210.jpg

They are Moroccan clementines
thumbup2.gif
. I actually first thought they were Christmas oranges. Super recommended; they're going fast in the house. And a great price at < $6 a box.The Moroccan producer even has a website :). Deep dive foodie entertainment... https://www.clementinesmaroc.com/en/

I got my grocery shopping needs finished for most of the holidays. I still have to pick up the food for the two main holiday meals but I'm otherwise loaded up. Tis the season for good food and meals; Christmas mixed nuts, more chocolate, lots of whipping cream, fruit, etc. This is also the time of year for some great bulk meat discounts. I guess chicken doesn't sell as well in the Christmas lead-up. I picked up bulk boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts for the deep freezer at the best prices I've seen all year.

Cheers

Last edited:
Great childhood memory.Santa always left comic books and clementine oranges in my stockings on Christmas morning.

Cheers.

I'm still lining up lots of variety. This is spicy chicken vindaloo with naan style bread (I used chicken breast for the cook). I served the reheats with basmati/jasmine rice which is great too (and more variety). This is easy to make and very tasty. :agave:
attachment.php

:agave:
attachment.php

I love a good Caesar salad and picked up one at 50% discount fresh from my local grocer for under $2.50. It came with chicken breast as well (and the picture is half the salad). To that I added some premium Rene's Mighty Caesar dressing, fresh grated grana padano cheese :) and fresh squeezed lemon (the croutons were included). Highly recommended. :agave:
attachment.php

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
I try to be open minded and flexible when food shopping, and pretty much always with great success. This time I saw wooden box oranges at one of my local grocery stores :eek:. It's a rare site that I remember from growing up and I don't see around hardly at all any longer. The oranges looked great so I picked up a box :).
1174541210.jpg

They are Moroccan clementines
thumbup2.gif
. I actually first thought they were Christmas oranges. Super recommended; they're going fast in the house. And a great price at < $6 a box.The Moroccan producer even has a website :). Deep dive foodie entertainment... https://www.clementinesmaroc.com/en/

I got my grocery shopping needs finished for most of the holidays. I still have to pick up the food for the two main holiday meals but I'm otherwise loaded up. Tis the season for good food and meals; Christmas mixed nuts, more chocolate, lots of whipping cream, fruit, etc. This is also the time of year for some great bulk meat discounts. I guess chicken doesn't sell as well in the Christmas lead-up. I picked up bulk boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts for the deep freezer at the best prices I've seen all year.

Cheers

Memories: Reminds me of my brother who at about 6 years old peeled the whole box because he could. Didn't eat them, just peeled them.

Last edited:
Always grab a crate or two.
Great for snacking on 2 or 3 at a time, and having orange stained fingers for days. :D

Nice everyone, sharing the memories and having these oranges are great :).

Here's some more meal pictures; a recent beef rib roast meal from the Weber Summit grill :agave:.
attachment.php

I cooked it to a solid medium rare. :agave:
attachment.php

The meal is served with mushroom funghi risotto, classic style (tasty so I made it again). :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

Saga of the Xmas cake continued:

So I’ve been feeding this fruit cake brandy now for 2 weeks. About a third of a bottle. Tonight was the time to put marzipan on it. I went shopping last week and found out that ready made marzipan isn’t cheap. It would have cost me $40 for the amount of marzipan I’d need to put on the cake so I decided to make my own. Almond flour, powdered sugar (made in my Vitamix from regular granulated sugar), some rose water and some almond essence. Voila, home made marzipan. It’s terrible stuff to work with and you can’t overwork it or the almond oil separates but it all went well. Apricot jam was spread over the boozy fruitcake to make the marzipan adhere to it then a kilo of marzipan was rolled out and spread over the cake quite generously. Now I have to wait a few days for the marzipan to dry before it gets iced.

I have been wanting to get back to this recipe for a long time, and it didn't disappoint :). Instant pot Indian butter chicken with a fresh bun to dip (had a bun in the house and didn't feel like running out for naan bread). It's also great with basmati or jasmine rice. The cook includes fresh cilantro and boneless skinless chicken thighs. This recipe is better than most restaurants (and I spice it up a bit more); the author got a cook book deal from it. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I tripled the recipe (it's a small portion cook) and froze half. It used three quarters of a pound of butter
aghast.gif
. It's another very simple recipe and easy to make.

Amazing meal :agave::agave:. I assume we have some Indian butter chicken fans out there?...

Cheers

I love a good curry but I’m more into a danzak, dupiaza or madras. Some decent curry houses here in Kingston but there were some amazing ones in Ottawa but nothing beats the ones in the uk I went to.

Hey everyone. Happy holidays and hope you're eating well. Yesterday I did my family Christmas dinner. I prepared a 15 pound fresh Butterball turkey I picked up on sale on the 27th for $8 :D. I then found out from a friend that there was a Public Health notice about a Salmonella outbreak linked to raw / undercooked turkey in the US and Canada :rolleyes:. My friend was worried enough that he did not cook the turkey he picked up for Christmas.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...monella-illnesses-raw-turkey-raw-chicken.html

After reading that notice carefully I decided to go ahead with the turkey cook. I did the turkey on the Weber Summit grill rotisserie and cooked it a touch more than normal, temp probing many places. I also found a YouTube video this time around to better truss the turkey and mount on the spit. It came out pretty perfectly and was one of the best crispy-skin tender moist meat turkey cooks I've ever done, great stuff. The family and visitors raved.

I kept the rest of the meal simple and collected drippings for gravy, made garden mashed potatoes with whipping cream and butter, scratch family-recipe stuffing made in an oversize 13.5 inch cast iron skillet (heaped, the stuffing was a big hit too and almost all eaten), garden carrots, pickles, cranberry sauce and wine. All that's more than enough food and variety with how tasty everything was. Eating took over and I forgot to get a bunch of pictures. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Here's a plate of some leftovers today :)
attachment.php

I also made two Instant pot Samoa cheesecakes for the holidays, one chocolate and one white. These were desserts for the holiday meal yesterday. This version of cheesecake uses ricotta cheese and is lighter. The toppings are Instant pot dulce de leche and chocolate. Excellent :agave::agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
grill cooked turkey, yum
sounds like there may have been a window of opportunity
because you have to babysit a turkey on a BBQ
to have a beer or 3 at the same time

I tried the deep fried bird one year
turned out pretty good
but the downside is it's done so quick

only enough time for 1 or 2 garage beers
and that's not nearly enough time if the in-laws are over

Hey @kwtoxman just curious....have you tried the instant pot wine yet?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.....
I didn't say it was good. (I wouldn't know, really, I don't drink wine. Yeah, I know, what kinda wop doesn't drink wine) But people seem to be making everything in these damn Instant Pots and they are loving it.

Another scratch burger cook on the Weber Summit grill. This is a half pound custom butcher coarse single grind beef chuck burger @ 25% fat
bowdown.gif
. Served with mustard, fresh spinach, tangy dill relish, pickles and a processed cheese slice on a toasted sesame bun. :agave::agave:
0b14a57a1a85b18cfdb14fc435b8110c9b8a046c1a91656d7161d401bb66027a.jpg

It's a big burger :). :agave::agave:
aa665a2bee6603654a31b5811c910078c7ee826280694aa91948e3485a13535c.jpg

Big pictures with lots of resolution.

Cheers

Last edited:
My wife made a spaghetti carbonara last night (with bacon instead of pancetta) and added egg. All fried up in a spiced oil. Didn't even bother putting cheese on it.
10bc064a3ebf4f78f8a16939c4dd80a0.jpg
471c141bb79b148011506c032ea559c8.jpg
0a632130bacecc2db806d1d4eff24725.jpg

That looks delicious Joe.
I use a beaten egg and a bit of heavy cream if nobody is watching in mine. About a cup of grated parm mixed with the egg/cream and it all just melts into the noodles.
I've used regular bacon instead of pancetta, but not when the paesans are within earshot, Nonna will spin in her grave.....

Back
Top Bottom