What's for dinner? | Page 55 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

More food pictures :).

I made rainbow trout fish tacos :). With cucumbers, onions, regular and sun sugar cherry tomatoes all fresh from the garden. Plus lettuce, radish, celery, avocado, diced fresh garlic, fresh squeezed lime juice and MX hot sauce on a white tortilla. Lots of food, and definitely recommended:agave::agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The garden has been producing. Served with some toasted garlic bread with added fresh basil. :agave:
attachment.php

Diced fresh cucumber from the garden with ground 4 peppercorn and Hawaiian black sea salt. :agave:
attachment.php

More roasted cherry tomato soup (made from scratch with garden cherry tomatoes), shredded grana padano and fresh basil. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers and enjoy your weekend.

Neighbour just got a wood burning outdoor pizza oven.....here's tonight's dinner:
f3e409c07fba2a1ac1ffa4a4fb900022.jpg
0f213351663bc3f5f952fc52c5bce06b.jpg
0f258f1406aea2dfe6f17f0f7bbdeaa7.jpg

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Longo's is having 21-days-aged striploins on sale. I'll season them with the Keg seasoning spice. Extra thick cut, medium rare. 1.5 minutes on each side first, followed by 30 seconds on each side again.

Neighbour just got a wood burning outdoor pizza oven.....here's tonight's dinner:
f3e409c07fba2a1ac1ffa4a4fb900022.jpg
0f213351663bc3f5f952fc52c5bce06b.jpg
0f258f1406aea2dfe6f17f0f7bbdeaa7.jpg

Those pizza ovens are the bees knees but they are so pricey.

geat results from a pizza stone on a decent BBQ though but without that authentic wood fired taste.

Those pizza ovens are the bees knees but they are so pricey.

geat results from a pizza stone on a decent BBQ though but without that authentic wood fired taste.
Ok
So I know the prices are crazy. Then my wife heard what they paid.
Now we are thinking about a trip to the States to get one.
$400 USD
I have seen comparables here start at $1500

I paid about $1500 for mine , on sale, i have my pizza costs down to about $137.00 ea so far.........

Cool pizza posts. I love pizza but haven't made the effort to do scratch cooks. Big kudos to those who do. I've been planning to pick up a pizza stone for the Weber grill (lots of Amazon.ca options). To get wood smoke one can use a smoker box setup or a smoke pouch (discussed and linked in some older posts). There are lots of interesting weber grill pizza recipes and guides on the Weber site.

I really enjoy many restaurant pizza options. The Neapolitan pizza style is fairly new to me. In my experience, only in the last 8 years or so has reasonable Neapolitan pizza become available more broadly across Canada outside of big cities. I grew up eating major restaurant chain pizza as well as enthusiast Canadian and Greek style pizzas. Now with good Neapolitan restaurant pizza I'm really enjoying it. What pizza styles are people here into?

This summer I started watching some Best in Chow Episodes because of Canadian content. They have a Pizza Wars Episode for Toronto. I'd recommend everyone try the three competing restaurants (been to two :)). "Pizzeria Via Mercanti", "Pizzeria Lebretto" and "North of Brooklyn" compete to win the honor of having the best pizza in Toronto.

[video=youtube;DRWZDIZTghE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWZDIZTghE[/video]

That Toronto pizza episode is dominated by neapolitan style pizza offerings. On the other hand, the Pizza Wars Regina episode is dominated by greek style pizza offerings. Very different from each other but I find both appealing.

There is also the You Gotta Eat Here Pizza episode with places across America :). Full show here. https://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/yo...isode/pizza-edition/video.html?v=531148867718

These GTA restaurants made the episode.
Stoney's Bread Company in Oakville is amazing pizza (and food). That restaurant is on another "You Gotta Eat Here" episode as well (https://www.foodnetwork.ca/shows/yo...od-cafe-the-tomahawk/video.html?v=64705603506).
Chicago Style Pizza Hamilton.
I've really enjoyed the Una Pizza in Calgary.
Carbonara in Vaughn.
Mickey's Dragon Pizza in Mississauga.
Cow Pie Barrie.
Caio Roma in Vaughn.
Soulyve in Orangeville.
I've had Donair Pizza in Halifax. Very tasty.
Pie in Barrie.

Lots of great pizza to try there.

Cheers

Last edited:
Here's another pizza link I'll share. It's classic Anthony Bourdain in No Reservations and his homage to Neapolitan pizza in Naples, Italy. Full episode here.
[video=youtube_share;8aQmmg1Yg9Y]https://youtu.be/8aQmmg1Yg9Y?t=5m32s [/video]

Moving on, here are some more meal pictures!
Smokey Alabama marinated chicken kebabs grilled perfectly again on the Weber Summit. Perfect pictures too :agave::agave:.
1f2bdc759f98972ab697b02ed85a10fe9b5fafbce0d04ad8afca9192d03df6b2.jpg

These two are big pictures with lots of resolution if you click on them to zoom in.
09b020f28f543b2c37127919cddaf223effe02c37d5b7916cbf13951f3ad2c55.jpg

I find it hard to get quality fresh seafood at good prices. I saw a PC PEI mussels commercial on TV a few times this summer and finally remembered to pick them up and try them. These are the creamy white wine sauce style served with toasted pita bread and a half bun. :agave:
attachment.php

They were reasonably good but I would recommend considering adding some fresh cream to the sauce. It's better that way. The Thai green curry sauce version is excellent :agave:! Highly recommended. It has a notable spice heat component. Great value at two lbs for $10 here and a very easy cook. https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_...ng/pc-thai-green-curry-sauce-pei-mussels.html

Instant pot turkey soup from scratch using leftovers from that turkey I posted a while back, including bone broth made from the bird. Amazing :agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers

Last edited:
Canadian PEI cultivated mussels are great. Very little prep involved and very tasty. Costco has even better value but I think that’s a 2kg bag you get there so you better be hungry. I buy boxes of oysters from Loblaws every Xmas. Sit and shuck a few with some Guinness. Lovely stuff and not expensive in season. Get a decent oyster knife though and prepare to practice a bit before you can do it reasonably speedily. Moules marinieres and real french shoestring fries is a favourite of mine.

Edit. My dad used to bring cockles and other shell fish back from our local beach. You use a large board rocked back and forth underfoot to bring them to the surface. In order to make them palatable you need to get them to excrete the sand they have inside if wild caught. So dad would put them in the bathtub with some oats and water and wait. Mum was not pleased at all.

Last edited:
Back to pizza....I think there’s so many varieties these days that there’s just good pizza and bad pizza. I’ve never had pizza the way I had it in Rome more than 25 years ago. It was delicious, had hardly any cheese on it and was served cold or lukewarm. Once you cook it at home though you’ll likely not want any other.

Last edited:
I'd say pizza here has finally evolved , every body knew wood fired ovens just taste better and quaility ingredients are always better, but we wanted 2 for 1 pricing , $8.00 take a ways. The box and the product don't have to taste the same.

Pizza is coming into it's own, a fine dining restaraunt here in town has added a wood oven

Back
Top Bottom