What's for dinner? | Page 43 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Tell you WHY, really that needs no explaination. That sauce looks like a bad caulking job on a pile of stuff. Hope its tasty.
It was pretty good. Maybe a little heavy/ thick. Gonna making my own next time as per the recipe earlier in this thread.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I'm starting to get more into sandwiches now. Not the white bread and cold cut ones I grew up on.

The Hot Oven bakery at Cloverdale makes an Asiago pepper loaf that has a bit of heat on the bread. A nice cut of the right beef and condiments knocks the crap Bologna on white of high school days.

Another favourite is what I call a Russian roast beef.

Slice a baguette lengthwise and use garlic and herb cream cheese instead of butter. Put on a layer of garlic roast beef and Lynch's horseradish sauce followed by a layer of tomatoes and the lid. You don't have to use the whole baguette.

These measurements are approximate as I modified the flavour after I tasted it with with the fried fish, it needed more lemon for a brighter flavour and more dill according to the SO. As for texture I wanted half as much of all the other ingredients(cornichon, capers and onion) compared to mayo. If the liquids(brine and lemon) make the sauce to liquid-ie just add some more mayo.

1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon capers (finely chopped)
1 cornichon (finely chopped)
1 stack of green onion (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon pickle brine
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1 or 2 pinch of dry dill
Salt and pepper to taste

I made it yesterday to go with some salmon and it was excellent. A slight modification was shallot instead of green onion.

So good I used it as a salad dressing as well.

This thread needs more pictures! Here's some to start.

A piece of that cheesecake; I made it tall. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Double creme brie with toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds. So awesome :agave:.
attachment.php

Roasted brussel sprouts in olive oil and seasalt, pepper and chili flakes. Tasty! :agave:
attachment.php

Ultimate 5 cheese macaroni and cheese (I had to make this again. It's really good. A great internet recipe I found and posted earlier in this thread as a video, and linked in that video). :agave:
attachment.php

Asian stir-fry, this one with baby bok choy, garden carrots, sweet yellow pepper, onions, chow mein noodles and jumbo shrimp in shell cooked in the wok with a custom sauce made with dark soy sauce, black (sweet) soy sauce, oyster sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, sesame seeds and chili flakes. Awesome. The sauce was amazing too. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Love this food. Here's another great Instant pot Trinidadian doubles cook (curry chickpeas). I'd buy an Instant pot just to be able to do this and the Caribbean chicken roti cooks alone. Awesome :agave::agave:.

The pot.
attachment.php

The roti (shell) grilling.
attachment.php

One shell and the Trinidadian curry chickpea filling.
attachment.php

Served with some regional (very) hot sauce added to taste. Super excellent.
attachment.php

The roti (shells) are yellow because my recipe calls for curry spice in the bread preparation. My restaurant meals have been white roti; not done this style but I now actually prefer this style.

This specific cook used dried chickepeas, so the textures in the meals were amazing. The leftovers probably get even better. I saved uncooked roti (dough) balls in the fridge until I reheated some leftovers. It was 6 minutes from preheat to done fresh roti (shells). Crazy good through all the leftovers. More of these high rotation favourites to come :).

Cheers!

I've been eating great food :).

That ultimate 5 cheese macaroni dish was amazing. I have a bunch of pictures from the cook as well. If you zoomed in on the posted picture you may have noticed that I used two different types of elbow macaroni for the dish. More variety and tastiness :agave:.
attachment.php

Here's some leftover ultimate mac and cheese in a grilled sourdough mac and cheese sandwich :agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
I wish I could take the credit for this, but this was the work of my 6 year old son. They made sushi rolls (California Rolls?) today at March Break camp. He said he had to make extra to bring home to his dad. How much do I freaking love this kid??

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Attachments

• 20180315_174500.jpg
    20180315_174500.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Cool to see food enthusiasm going to the kids. Sushi prep isn't too hard. But I still haven't tried it myself :rolleyes:. Love eating sushi and do it often out at restaurants.

So many great recent cooks with me. Like daily, if not new meals then leftovers of great cooks. Some more pictures here. Click to see the great detail/resolution.

Weber summit grill rotisserie chicken with national competition bbq sauce marinade - Prairie smoke and spice sweet blue ribbon sauce. Served with garden mashed potatoes and gravy. Sooooo good. :agave:
attachment.php

Charcuterie plate with oka cheese, Beemster classic cheese, dry hungarian sausage and prosciutto. Served with tow types of baked crackers. Excellent! :agave:
attachment.php

Winter grill on the weber summit on gas. Coffee and black pepper marinade on chicken wings. The sauce stuck well. Crazy good and zesty! :agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

The next best from fresh home-made. From my custom butcher, bake-in-the-oven frozen blueberry pie. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
Stuffed pork tenderloin. I originally was going to go with one of my versions previously made, but that day I decided to try a few new versions. I really went outside the box thinking about this one and they came out amazing. One pork tenderloin was stuffed with mixed dried fruit (apricots, apples, peaches, plums, pears and nectarines) as well as maple syrup. The other pork tenderloin was stuffed with a spicy mole style sauce, using chocolate, chili flakes, sunflower seeds, pecans and sour cherry juice. :agave:
attachment.php

The sides were roasted brussel sprouts with sea salt and olive oil as well as garden potatoes done in the cast iron skillet with seasonings, frozen fresh dill and onion.

Cheers!

Last edited:
21eb8b0222b38b1e0ddc3d7f01331ff4.jpg

Pan fried salmon finished in the oven, stir fried peppers and onions, and rice.
Trying out the garage sale pan. Lecreuset cast iron, with non-stick coating. They were getting rid of it b/c the coating was flaking off. I took the rest of the coating off with an angle grinder and flap wheels. Then seasoned it like a regular cast iron pan. Best $10 I've spent for the kitchen!

Trying out the garage sale pan. Lecreuset cast iron, with non-stick coating. They were getting rid of it b/c the coating was flaking off. I took the rest of the coating off with an angle grinder and flap wheels. Then seasoned it like a regular cast iron pan. Best $10 I've spent for the kitchen!

I didn’t know le Creuset made non stick stuff. I thought it was all cast iron.

I didn’t know le Creuset made non stick stuff. I thought it was all cast iron.

They have a line of steel non-stick stuff. This pan might of had a black enamel coating. What ever it was, it was falling off and looked pretty ugly. The flap wheels got rid of it pretty quick.

Looks great! No grill for the salmon? Just wondering as I love grilling salmon, both with and without a cedar plank. Either way, I've found a cast iron skillet to be an impressive tool. Just appreciating it now in the last few years... after a few decades with it :rolleyes:. Cheers :thumbup:.

Here's a next level consideration and not much work either. I've just made the effort to find this cook, and am very much looking forward to it :). You can see a video of the cook here. Crispy rice! (Look at the title) https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/crispy-rice

Another great Asian stir fry on the stove top wok here with me! Chicken, garden carrots, baby bok choy, chinese brocolli and asparagus as well as chinese noodles. Cooked in dark soy sauce, black soy sauce (sweet), oyster sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, sesame seeds and chili flakes. Amazing :agave:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks great! No grill for the salmon? Just wondering as I love grilling salmon, both with and without a cedar plank. Either way, I've found a cast iron skillet to be an impressive tool. Just appreciating it now in the last few years...
This time was all about trying out the new pan. Start off on the stove top and pan fry the salmon till it just starts to form a crust. Lift an edge to peak but don't flip it over. Then put the whole pan into the oven to cook thru the rest of the fillet. When you serve it, flip it over so the crunchy crust side is up.

Grilling is good too. I just salt and pepper it. Simple is good.

That's an outstanding deal on a now nice pan. I cook at LOT a high heat , resteraunt style, and non stick coatings all surrender to high heat eventually. Between carbon steel pans and cast its all I need.

This time was all about trying out the new pan. Start off on the stove top and pan fry the salmon till it just starts to form a crust. Lift an edge to peak but don't flip it over. Then put the whole pan into the oven to cook thru the rest of the fillet. When you serve it, flip it over so the crunchy crust side is up.
Ah, makes more sense now. Sounds like a great cook.

Did that crispy rice recipe interest you?

Another cook here. Over 5 pounds of beef prime rib roast awesomeness :). Grilled on the weber summit.
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
Turkey :D

Another great new cook here. Instant pot chinese sticky rice with shitake mushrooms and chinese sausage. As for the looks, I stirred the rice and shouldn't have if you're wondering about all the stickiness. I'll add a few peanuts to the reheats for a change too. Very excellent, tastes like I'm in one of the best traditional chinese restaurants! :agave::agave:
attachment.php

The Instant pot continues to deliver! lol :).

Getting to purists, The Instant pot does the best rice notably by any method I've owned. And better than a rice cooker. Not shockingly, all rice recipes I try are the best I've ever made. :3some:

Cheers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom