What's for dinner? | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Nice cook Joe Bass! Looks tasty. Throw that deal up in the holiday deals thread.

Here's my holiday ham meal! :)
Made it this year on Jan 1st. The cook came out about as good as it can get in all the details.

It was a smoked 9.1 lb picnic ham (bone-in) in a scratch-made spicy apricot glaze cooked on the Weber summit grill. I smoked it on the grill with hickory, apple and cherry wood to refresh the smoke awesomeness (it really makes a difference). With drippings. :agave:
attachment.php

Plated ham with home-made scalloped potatoes. :agave:
attachment.php

For dessert Instant pot chocolate chip bread pudding. Another new Instant pot cook and recipe. Awesome. :agave:
attachment.php

Happy new year everyone! Cheers!

Last edited:
Sorry @kwtoxman got lazy and didn't post in the deals thread....
But I did buy them. $19.99 & $22.99
8f0c6937d083d264ee3790b031fb96f1.jpg

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

No biggie. It's more for the deal hunters who check that thread than me.

The Instant pot just keeps delivering for me. Had to make more Instant pot chocolate chip bread pudding. Awesome :agave:. Click on the picture header and view it full size.
attachment.php

Nice zoom :agave:
attachment.php

Here's a zoom shot of that earlier breakfast sandwich :agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just saw an Instant Pot recipe for baked potatoes....well not sure if it is a recipe-- wrap potatoes in foil, add water, cook. Supposed to be the creamiest baked potatoes ever.

Not as of yet. The cheapskate in me is having a hard time ponying up the $99+ when I saw the BF price of $48. I just saw a 3 qt on sale, but seeing as my slow cooker is a 4qt & that is making just about enough to feed us for 1 meal + a small amount of leftovers, I'm holding out for the 6qt.

Question: do you guys boil or bake or other method when cooking meatballs? I found a baked cheese roll recipe on FB I wanna try. It has meatballs in it. Was thinking boil to save time since the whole thing gets baked after. Thoughts?

Question: do you guys boil or bake or other method when cooking meatballs? I found a baked cheese roll recipe on FB I wanna try. It has meatballs in it. Was thinking boil to save time since the whole thing gets baked after. Thoughts?
Can't help much; I've only done meatballs in the Instant pot.

A few more recent cooks. Cast iron skillet garden potatoes. Done with simple seasoning but including curry and chili flakes, plus added cottage cheese on one half. Was excellent :agave:.
attachment.php

Kalbi beef done on the weber summit grill with a side of cast iron skillet potatoes, simply seasoned. I really enjoy kalbi beef :agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers!

FYI: there is no such thing as a "ROTI SHELL." That is a ROTI, and you put curry in it and wrap it or just eat it with it.

It's not like a taco shell.

Cheers! That dinner sounds great and tasty.
Here's a picture of the inside of the Caribbean chicken roti for those interested. It was scratch made roti shells too. :agave:
attachment.php

Grilled some very tasty coffee and black pepper marinated chicken drumettes. I didn't get a picture but will try to on the rest of the cook.

FYI: there is no such thing as a "ROTI SHELL." That is a ROTI, and you put curry in it and wrap it or just eat it with it.

Roti dough

I like boneless curried chicken in my roti if you're offering

Lazy dinner tonight...
Farfalle pasta in a white sauce.
Sauce made from cream of mushroom soup with added milk, pepper, oregano and sliced mushrooms. Topped with grated parmesan.
*soft white lights at the dinner table...the picture's colours don't do it justice.
b5ba6800aa7c0f1ff927c5eebfe52c07.jpg

Well if you are going to wrap them in something and then bake after, I would go with pan fry or bake them. My concern with boiling is that they will absorb more water and then make the rolls to damp inside too bake it well enough. Boiling will leach all the flavour into the water, unless you plan to use the water that it was made in for the dough. The only positive for boiling will be that the meat will have a smoother softer texture which would be nice in a cheese roll and it will hold it's shape so could have perfectly round cheese rolls.

Can't help much; I've only done meatballs in the Instant pot.
Kalbi beef done on the weber summit grill with a side of cast iron skillet potatoes, simply seasoned. I really enjoy kalbi beef :agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers!

That char on the kalbi looks perfect. Nicely done.

Last edited:
Looks like I will have to plan ahead and bake those meatballs. Thanks for the input.

And for anyone looking, the Instant Pot Duo mini (3qt) is on sale this week at CanTire for $89.99
f0ef6f092555a9ca5e1e8bab52fc359b.jpg

Looks like I will have to plan ahead and bake those meatballs. Thanks for the input.

And for anyone looking, the Instant Pot Duo mini (3qt) is on sale this week at CanTire for $89.99

The 3qt is a bit small though. I have the 6qt and can typically only make enough food for 4 or 5 servings. (Dinner and lunch the next day - for two).

Bit of a learning curve, but definitely does chicken well - keeping it juicy ;)
I used to hate making chicken because it overcooked/dried out easily.

Back
Top Bottom