What's for dinner? | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

I got an early father's day present, a Sous vide rig. Too busy at the moment to us it but will report on findings as they float to the top of the bag.

Picked up a half price ($15.00/ lb) Wagyu steak for dinner tonight but too tired to care. I'l probably destroy it.

A few recent meals.

This was pepperocini and cream cheese stuffed pork tenderloin. Some of the pickling liquid was added as well as some california peppers (even hotter) on the left side.
attachment.php

This was blueberry pancake and maple syrup stuffed pork tenderloin. Hey, I think outside the box. :D
attachment.php

Here are the tenderloins after being grilled on the weber summit. Almost ate all of them before remembering to take a picture. lol. Both were awesome. I'll be cooking them again before long. :agave:
attachment.php

These are piri piri chicken kebabs grilled on the weber summit. Great great. As flavorful as it looks.
attachment.php

Cheers :eek:ccasion5:

Last edited:
Taco Tuesday!
a9ad040a8709f8a415cb28dc4bc76108.jpg

Meant to post more pics but I was hungry.
sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Last edited:
I got an early father's day present, a Sous vide rig. Too busy at the moment to us it but will report on findings as they float to the top of the bag.

Picked up a half price ($15.00/ lb) Wagyu steak for dinner tonight but too tired to care. I'l probably destroy it.

You literally can't destroy it if you use the sous vide properly. I'd also have bbq (or propane torch) ready when it comes out, to give the char taste. Quick and dirty, plate it and invite Uncle Bob

You literally can't destroy it if you use the sous vide properly. I'd also have bbq (or propane torch) ready when it comes out, to give the char taste. Quick and dirty, plate it and invite Uncle Bob

We just did the steak on the BBQ to do a taste comparison with the more affordable beef and not confusing things with added flavours or processes.

It was tender and had a nice buttery taste. Good but I'm not sure if paying $30 a pound will be a regular event. At half price and sharing a one pound steak it's about the same price as a takeout burger combo.

I'm going to start slow with the sous vide, maybe hot dogs, until I get the programming figured out. Keypads confuse me.

A few more recent cooks.

Spicy buffalo pork kebabs. Tender and so flavourful.
attachment.php

Whisky and black pepper fish kebabs. Love the fish kebabs.
attachment.php

Perfectly cooked! :agave:
attachment.php

Here's a cook as easy as it gets. Buy a marinated whole chicken. In this case dark ale and shallot for $6.20. :blob:
attachment.php

Stick chicken on spit, put spit on the weber summit grill and rotisserie until cooked (165F internal). Collect drippings for gravy. Who doesn't like real and good home-made gravy!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Make home made mashed potatoes, these are skin-on garlic mashed. $0.75.
My secret cream cheese add-in is highly recommended.
These rotisserie birds make as much gravy as a turkey. :agave:
Combine and eat!
attachment.php

A great meal for four adults at under $8 total. :thumbup:

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. :bunny:

Last edited:
So cream cheese instead of milk? And do you use fresh garlic or the jarred minced stuff?
I've been on a sweet potato smash kick. I bake or microwave sweet potatoes, smash, add a little butter, delish.
And yes, smash.

So cream cheese instead of milk? And do you use fresh garlic or the jarred minced stuff?
I've been on a sweet potato smash kick. I bake or microwave sweet potatoes, smash, add a little butter, delish.
And yes, smash.

Love sweet potatoes. I often candy them, aka brown sugar and pan fry in butter after a precook.

As for my mashed potatoes, go with a 1/4 to 1/3 of the normal amount of milk (optimally, but I often don't even have it), and add a big dollop of cream cheese as well (1/3 cup or thereabouts to eventual preferences, 1/2 cup or more with large portions). The fresher the type of garlic the better. Even at that, I typically used dried diced garlic for convenience and did here to excellent result. Remember to add some salt to bring out the garlic flavour, and add some pepper too.

Hey @Gary thanks for the link to Southern Smokehouse you posted a while back. Finally making my way to Hamilton week after next to pick up a prize I won, and will be stopping in there for th burnt tips!

My wife made me a Father's Day dinner. Simple but yummy.
Breaded chicken cutlets, broccoli with butter and white rice with a cream of mushroom soup sauce.
141a2a810109424ba74477b587acf693.jpg

Hey @Gary thanks for the link to Southern Smokehouse you posted a while back. Finally making my way to Hamilton week after next to pick up a prize I won, and will be stopping in there for th burnt tips!

If that's the place on Ottawa Street they were too smokey for my tastes. FWIW.

If that's the place on Ottawa Street they were too smokey for my tastes. FWIW.
Yeah that's the address. Thx for the feedback. I don't get into Hamilton much so still gonna give it a try.

Anyone buy beef tenderloin at the St Lawrence for steaks? Do I ever miss that. :(

Anyone buy beef tenderloin at the St Lawrence for steaks? Do I ever miss that. :(

we used to, and there was a guy that sold delmonico steaks about 1.5" thick, I really miss that. wifey isnt much on fat (so sad) so tenderloins sliced up makes her pretty happy.
You can get a much better steak for much less money, but shes happy......

20 minutes to cook, my tenderloin recipe.

Take off silver and chain. Mold tenderloin evenly (tuck tip in). Season to taste and bring up to room temp.

Oven to 500. Put Tenderloin in, set timer.

After 20 mins turn oven off but DON'T OPEN OVEN. Wait one hour to remove. Tenderloin will be pink but not bloody. At this point my grill is hot so I can cook to individual preferences if I am serving in steak form.

I use a meat slicer for huge afternoon parties, have a bunch of bread,cheese, mustards, and some fried onions/peppers. Make your own damn sammie folks.

Just an appetizer, and I didn't make it, my SIL did...but damn it was delish!
73105d41ff06cab07061a1f3e30de86c.jpg

As per @kwtoxman a closer look:
65d830d29ee214d32d7f51a1347e2b12.jpg

+1 for the cream cheese. My wife introduced me to this and it is great. I use herb and garlic flavour.

A few more recent cooks.

Spicy buffalo pork kebabs. Tender and so flavourful.
attachment.php

Whisky and black pepper fish kebabs. Love the fish kebabs.
attachment.php

Perfectly cooked! :agave:
attachment.php

Here's a cook as easy as it gets. Buy a marinated whole chicken. In this case dark ale and shallot for $6.20. :blob:
attachment.php

Stick chicken on spit, put spit on the weber summit grill and rotisserie until cooked (165F internal). Collect drippings for gravy. Who doesn't like real and good home-made gravy!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Make home made mashed potatoes, these are skin-on garlic mashed. $0.75.
My secret cream cheese add-in is highly recommended.
These rotisserie birds make as much gravy as a turkey. :agave:
Combine and eat!
attachment.php

A great meal for four adults at under $8 total. :thumbup:

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. :bunny:

Made Kraft mac and cheese with sour cream once or twice. Adds a different flavour.
Gonna try the sour cream mashed potatoes.
We usually put cheese in the middle, then bake it for a bit.

My appetizers - mozzarella-stuffed onion rings and crunchy taco cups:

e0oddR5.jpg

Insipiration:

j59fdrv.gif

qfInhhO.gif

Main course was bbq salmon steaks with a radish & potato salad

ixGoK2N.jpg

Chocolate mousse cake for dessert

irosKHX.jpg

This is how I felt after this meal:

d5mZZB2.jpg