What's for dinner? | Page 49 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Looks great KW, the dishes and the garden. Between the weather being so cold so late this year and the critters raiding my garden the yields have been a bit disappointing. Good to see not everyone is suffering the same fate

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

A few anecdotes. I visited family recently and I had given them an Instant pot for Christmas. They hadn't done anything so I did a demo meal and made Zuppa Toscana soup as I've posted here before (like the Olive Garden version). Zesty, creamy, hearty. I had to hold back from eating the leftovers meant for them. :). I've a hankering since and want to make some :D. Great soup.

In that visit I also ended up at an Italian grocer with a rare selection in Canada. They had Spanish Iberico prosciutto. $32/100 grams. That's basically $150 per pound :confused1: :dark1: :roll: . I had to try it and got some because I'm a foodie :D:lmao::rolleyes:.
It was pretty awesome :tongue7: :tongue7: :agave::agave:

Cheers!

Looks great KW, the dishes and the garden. Between the weather being so cold so late this year and the critters raiding my garden the yields have been a bit disappointing. Good to see not everyone is suffering the same fate

Strange, my garden is the best it has been in years. Tomatoe plants are about 4 feet tall. Already have a bunch of zucchini as well.

I hope to make burgers from scratch next week. Coworker left me some desk food (random meals people leave at my desk for me because they know I food) and it was one of the best burgers that I have ever eaten.
I thought I took a pic to share here, but it didn't save.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Daughter just got back from a trip through the Euro-Med. She dined in a lot of small family places and picked up a few local favorites. The leafless salads are in the fridge, charcoal is red hot and she's ready to grill up some some seafood and chicken. All she says is missing is the $1.50 bottles of wine!

Mine is is without a doubt the worst it has been since I have lived here. Usually we have a nearly endless supply of grape and cherry tomatoes. This year maybe we've had 20. We did try a couple new things like onions and brussel sprouts so we will see how that does. Kale was OK but not as much as usual. Large variety tomatoes never do well in the ground for some reason. So we did some in pots and the critters are them all before they were ripe. Sigh.

The critters only went to my damn mulberry tree.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear it SVeezy. It actually hasn't been a good year yet for me in the garden either. What you're seeing is the benefits of volume instead of production :p. Lot's of plants behind so far this year in my garden. I planted early which may have contributed. The peas haven't climbed the fence far, the cucumbers have been very slow to spread, etc. The easy stuff has produced well. Lots of onions, potatoes, dill, rhubarb, raspberries, even the peas when you plant 110 feet of them. Lots of carrots but it's still too early. The chinese veg is impressive this year but I seeded them inside the house early; that's a definite tip for success ;).

@Joe Bass, if you go home-made burgers definitely check this out. It's the basics on how to make an amazing burger. I get custom coarse ground fresh beef chuck (angus if it's available) from my butcher for such meals, asking specifically for 25% fat. 1/3 to 1/2 pound size depending on appetite. A great guide here.
https://amazingribs.com/tested-reci...teak-recipes/hamburger-secrets-how-zen-master
Glorious burgers and easy to do :agave:. I tend to get a few pounds at a time and separate and freeze some into individual size portions. It makes life easy and works very well. I posted pictures of various cooks in the comments section there. I will be posting some premium burger cooks before too long :) :thumbup:.

Last edited:
That adobo chicken looks great. I'm a big fan of Mexican and Caribbean food as well and will take a look for that adobo sauce. Need to have a few Mexican dishes that I can make from time to time.

I bought an aluminum burger press from Bass Pro shop, probably get them anywhere ( I thought it was Joes store) , yes I know you can just make a patty in your hands , like I have for ever, but the consistent thickness and size is pretty handy.

Like a tortilla press, I found don't close it all the way to the stoppers, leave it a bit loose or the burgers are too dense.

I do my burgers by hand. I typically buy the custom butcher mix I've posted about earlier by the pound and separate it into 1/2 pound balls which I then saran wrap for use or freezing. Works excellent. Combine two half pound balls and divide into three balls for 1/3 pound servings. Can do 1/4 pound servings easily as well. Works well for me. :)

More kebab greatness . Smokey Alabama marinated chicken kebabs, cooked perfectly. Excellent!:agave::agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I get great pictures of this dish over and over again. Enjoy! :wav:

A thick slice of rye sourdough bread with a generous helping of home-made raspberry jam from my raspberries in the back yard. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers and hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

The garden is producing!

At least three different varieties of cucumbers. :agave:
attachment.php

Cut up the fresh blonde cucumber (Martini variety) with some fresh ground pepper, sea salt, ultra premium olive oil and some sugar. :agave:
attachment.php

I did that style because I also cold pickled three cucumbers which will be ready to go today :). More pictures to come.

Some fresh Chinese greens (bok choy style) and Daikon radishes.:agave:
attachment.php

Tons of fresh dill. I have another three bags too. :agave:
attachment.php

Quiet here. Enjoy the pics and let me know what you like. A few more meals here.

Another full boat stir fry from the wok. It includes snow peas, garden onions and chives, chinese brocolli, carrots, red sweet pepper, celery, shitake mushrooms, black basswood fungus, lots of fresh minced garlic and ginger, cashews, sesame seeds, lots of chili flakes, he fen rice noodles and fresh cooked shrimp in shell. The sauces are again multiple ingredients including peanut oil, toasted sesame oil, oyster sauce dark soy sauce and black soy sauce (sweet). Spectacular :agave::agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Lots of goodness.
attachment.php

This is a fresh salad made from vegetables in my garden. It includes fresh bok choy, daikon radish, peas, onion and chives, plus ultra premium olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Out of the garden and on to my plate. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers and enjoy the weekend!

LOL, maybe you'll upgrade in the future. That ultra premium olive oil is available in four stores in ON, but none are in the GTA. Here's a great link for food enthusiasts about premium olive oil, including 2018 World Championship Award Winners. A number of them are available out of the US by simple on line or phone order. Enjoy :thumbup:! https://bestoliveoils.com/

Another great meal here. BBQ beef back ribs done on the Weber Summit grill. Prepped with Clubhouse spicy pepper medley and salt. I smoked the ribs with cherry and apple woods plus a little hickory. Done low and slow for 9 hours and used Misty Mountain BBQ sauce, a national BBQ competition award winning sauce. This rare cut of beef back ribs still has a significant amount of the tenderloin attached. Look at how it cooked over time and enjoy! :wav:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:agave::agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Another fresh salad with ingredients from my garden. Fresh garden bok choy, peas, carrots and sauteed onions/chives. I also added some leftover romaine lettuce from my fridge and sliced radish. Made an olive oil and vinegar dressing and added fresh ground pepper and some seat salt.
attachment.php

Cheers!

Tough crowd, lol. Here are some more great kebabs! And yet another type of meat; these are (white) fish kebabs. Lovely pictures, perfectly cooked on the Weber Summit grill and very very awesome. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I started eating these kebabs before remembering to take a picture, lol. A white fish kebab and salmon kebab. Excellent. :agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Steamed peas from the garden with a butter pad and a pinch of salt. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

My food has a seasonal nature and pattern to it that becomes even more evident during this time of year. I try to buy what's fresh, in season and good value or on sale. And gardening is now coming into many meals over much of the summer. Hope you all enjoy it.

Kalbi beef from the Weber Summit grill with garden bok choy and peas from the wok. :agave:
attachment.php

Cast iron skillet butter fried walleye fish (pickerel). Seasoned with clubhouse spicy pepper medley and a pinch of salt. Awesome! :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Fresh salad made with garden bok choy, carrots, peas, lightly sauteed onion/chives and a few things I have around including romaine lettuce, radish, Russian dressing, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Excellent :agave:.
attachment.php

The garden is producing lots every day now. This was part of a daily picking; fresh cherry tomatoes (two varieties) and a blonde martini cucumber fresh picked from the garden. :agave:
attachment.php

I sliced that blonde martini cucumber and served it with fresh ground pepper, sea salt and ultra premium olive oil on half. :agave:
attachment.php

The cherry tomatoes are off-the-hook amazing. I have 4 different varieties. Let me share some advice. The sun sugar variety cherry tomatoes are next level. Incredible :agave::agave:. I cannot say enough good things about them. Definitely plant some and try it!

There's lots of love for sun sugar variety cherry tomatoes.
http://ourstoneyacres.com/growing-guide-sun-sugar-tomatoes
https://www.ufseeds.com/product/sunsugar-tomato-seeds/
https://www.totallytomato.com/P/00711/Sunsugar+Hybrid+Tomato
[video=youtube;Bc_1uUz2SvU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_1uUz2SvU[/video]

Last edited:
Chicken kebabs came on sale again, one of my most favourite summer meals :). I'm nailing the cook as well. Check it out. Piri Piri chicken kebabs from the Weber Summit grill. Awesome :agave::agave:.
attachment.php

A nice zoom :).
attachment.php

I picked up ~3 lbs of fresh asparagus on sale a little while back and went to town, lol. I grilled much of the last bunch up on the Weber summit with premium olive oil and sea salt. :agave:
attachment.php

The garden is producing well now. Lots to eat. You'll see much of it incorporated into my meals. :agave:
attachment.php

Fresh picked garden peas steamed with butter and a bit of salt. Excellent. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom