What's for dinner? | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Long weekend at Algonquin -

The seafood ragout starts out with frying some shallots and garlic.
fnu2wbU.jpg

Tomato paste, diced tomatoes/juice, fish, mussels, clams(in shell), shrimp, scallops. With the cauldron over the camp fire, this is somewhat of a performance art show...
40qyq7u.jpg

A campfire smoker box
r3J9yp1.jpg

Smallmouth bass fresh from the lake.
C8w5H9S.jpg

Wild mushrooms (brought these home, not part of the meal plan this year)
q92ybiJ.jpg

Some Stoli for toasts
QBSR6BV.jpg

The curry looks pretty authentic! Nicely done!

I am regretting not taking the Instant pot my friend offered to me as he had to 2.
Thx! The curry was great! Tastes very authentic too :agave:. I was very happy to find that Caribbean chicken roti is not hard to do.

The IP is most definitely worth it; it has far exceeded my expectations. Check black friday deals for great prices. It's been fun posting my IP successes here. It's the real deal.

Another recent cook here. Click the picture to see the zoomed in goodness.

Grilled marinated and double basted bbq sauce chicken wings and drumettes. Used a national bbq competition award winning sauce, Misty Mountain. Finger licking good.
attachment.php

Full size chicken drumsticks with olive oil and a rub of greek seasoning plus oregano and basil. Lovely.
attachment.php

I'm already making more dishes with my recent pickup of curry spice. Cast iron skillet curry roasted garden potatoes and onions. :agave:
attachment.php

Here's a served plate with the accompanying side of fresh garden vegetables; cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and diced onion in a high end olive oil with some balsamic vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
attachment.php

Cheers and have a great weekend! :wave:

Last edited:
This thread needs a "like" button.
Amazing looking food everyone.

I've just been grilling up regular stuff recently (steaks, sausage, chicken thighs) so nothing noteworthy to share.

I did make a decent pasta dish using rigatoni, hot sausage meat taken out of the casing, rapini, garlic, olive oil, mushrooms, hot chilis, and anchovies.

Smelled, and tasted too good so we ate it before I got a pic if it. :D

Cheers!

Another cook here myself. And a quick step by step.

Take one pork tenderloin and flatten. (I thought I did it well this time).
attachment.php

Here I am cooking a buttermilk pancake with blueberries and pecans in an oversized cast iron skillet.
attachment.php

Here's the finished pancake on the flattened pork tenderloin.
attachment.php

Here's the raw pork tenderloin now rolled up and stuffed, then tied. I then rolled it in maple syrup for an outside glaze and put the tenderloin on the grill.
attachment.php

Here's the pork tenderloin after grilling on the weber summit. A quick direct sear and then a lower and slower indirect cook. Looks great.
attachment.php

I put on a touch more maple syrup while the pork tenderloin cooled down for 5 minutes. Here's the finished tenderloin cut and served.
A buttermilk blueberry pecan pancake stuffed pork tenderloin with maple syrup glaze. :agave:
attachment.php

I've done another version of this pork tenderloin where I started with raw batter on the flattened pork tenderloin rather than a cooked pancake. It's posted earlier in this thread too. Stuffing (rolling) the raw batter version was messy (I had also applied maple syrup on the raw batter), but I think the cook was a little more moist. Each version has its merits imo.

Here's my side cook, cast iron skillet dill roasted garden potatoes. Oh so good.
attachment.php

Last edited:
A few more recent dishes.

Another stuffed pork tenderloin, this time with homemade raspberry jam, diced apple and stuffing (as in bird-style stuffing). Awesome. :agave:
attachment.php

There are no sacred cows in my food prep. Caesar salad, but with the garden producing well, I added some garden onions and cherry tomatoes, plus a yellow pepper from the fridge that needed to be used. Tasty!
attachment.php

Montreal smoked meat sandwich with homemade donair sauce, garden onions and garden cold pickled pickles on a toasted bun. Excellent.
attachment.php

Cheers

Last edited:
Here are some other recent cooks.

Kalbi beef grilled on the weber summit. Very tasty :agave:
attachment.php

The side dish was Instant pot classic risotto using a chicken stock base and served with a pat of butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. This stuff is awesome, and so easy with the Instant pot. :agave:
attachment.php

Pot roast in the Instant pot. Here it is as the cook finished. Excellent :blob7:
attachment.php

Here is that Instant pot cook plated for a serving.
attachment.php

Hope you all enjoy the weekend. Cheers

My MIL was over last week and we got on the topic of her pressure cooker. Then it moved to instant pots and now I think my wife is wanting to get one. Hopefully I will be making that risotto soon!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

My MIL was over last week and we got on the topic of her pressure cooker. Then it moved to instant pots and now I think my wife is wanting to get one. Hopefully I will be making that risotto soon!
Nice! That risotto was :agave:. Great stuff if the other half is in; you are good to go ;). Lots of great cook options for the Instant pot; I have examples here, check the Instant pot facebook page for recipes, and search the net.

I did a rotisserie chicken on the weber summit with a Frank's Red Hot Bollywood sauce marinade and baste. The rotisserie candies the sugars in the marinade so it ends up amazing. Looked and smelled so good, we got to eating and I forgot to take a picture, lol :). At least I have lots rotisserie chicken cook pictures earlier in this thread. I collected the drippings and did mashed potatoes and gravy. The mashed potatoes were amazing. Used garden potatoes, and added some coffee cream (17%) that was sitting in the fridge as well as the usual cream cheese and a small pat of butter. With some garden cold pickled pickles and sweet pickled carrots it was a great meal.

Here's another recent Instant pot cook, ham and white bean soup. This was a requested recipe. I used great northern beans and ham we had frozen from that last great ham cook posted here, as well as the bone and garden vegetables.

It turned out great. I had never thought of it, but it is essentially like bean with bacon soup. I had a lot of Campbell's canned bean with bacon soup growing up and enjoyed it, but it has been years and years since I remember having it. Being a scratch home cook, this soup is the typical next level version. Less processed and salty, more nuance to the flavour profile, better textures and the beans are more intact giving the broth a less thick/pasty profile. Excellent. :agave:
attachment.php

Here's a picture from the recipe I used.
Ham-and-White-Bean-Soup-2.jpg

Cheers and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
8bcc7b3624661bdef8a2977a2de24475.jpg

Started off with some frozen spiducci. Left is lamb. Right is chicken and bacon. Threw on some burgers and reheated some poutine from last night. (the pic didn't save though)
Added some coleslaw on the side.
And one of these:
ca5757f9adee83d1f70fc9250a22f60b.jpg

That's a lot of meat!
That's what she said! ?
Actually, the spuducci are quite small. Usually great for appetizers that we turned into a pseudo meal. I thought that I would enjoy the chicken bacon much more than I actually did.

8bcc7b3624661bdef8a2977a2de24475.jpg

Started off with some frozen spiducci. Left is lamb. Right is chicken and bacon. Threw on some burgers and reheated some poutine from last night. (the pic didn't save though)
Added some coleslaw on the side.
And one of these:
ca5757f9adee83d1f70fc9250a22f60b.jpg

No vegetables were harmed in the making of this meal. :)

What do you guys think of this?
Instant Pot 6qt $103
http://amzn.to/2xxHwx9

What do you guys think of this?
Instant Pot 6qt $103
http://amzn.to/2xxHwx9

I like that one (Duo6) the best, and it's Instant Pot's best selling model. The newer models have a few additional small frills, but those small frills aren't needed or even really used. The thousands of Instant pot recipes out there have been produced with the DUO6 or LUX6 in mind, which were the only 6 qt models available until about 6 months ago.

That sale is a good price relative to the last 6 months or so, but as I mentioned earlier, I expect that model to be even cheaper when Amazon begins their black friday sale later this year. Though, such black friday discounts often don't last long, as the deeply discounted price didn't even last the entire day last year due to sales volume.

Last edited:
I didnt take a picture because it was a pot of chili, but I was asked to cater a campfire dinner last sat night for about 100. +-

my mom has a file of church recipes for batches of 100 , 150, 200 guests

so
25 lbs ground beef
5 lbs ground pork
3 large cans diced tomatoes
8 large onions
2 heads celery
6 large cans red beans , drained
4 large cans whole tomatoes, crushed
4 jars hot salsa
1 cup worchestershire
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons cummin
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper

take huge friggin pot and saute veges, dump in all liquid stuff and stir, dump in spices and stir. Bring to a boil then down to a simmer and in goes all the ground meat and simmer for 3 hrs. Then goes in the beans and it goes another hour.

serve with crusty rolls, tossed green salad to feel good about life and hand out Costco ice cream bars for desert. Unit cost including salad and desert is $4.00 a head, we kept a bowl count , fed 118 people based on 8oz serving , which is all normal adults need.

Holy crap, I can barely cook for 4 people lol.
I wanna see a picture of that pot @crankcall. I'm guessing it's like the ones we use when we make tomato sauce?
And I am going to attempt a @kwtoxman -ish cook soon; a meal that I saw on FB. Chicken and biscuits in a slow cooker.
Gotta remember to take pics as I go along. Wish me luck!
Also gonna wait till Black Friday for the Instant Pot....or put it in my bday wish list

pot.JPG
Holy crap, I can barely cook for 4 people lol.
I wanna see a picture of that pot @crankcall. I'm guessing it's like the ones we use when we make tomato sauce?
And I am going to attempt a @kwtoxman -ish cook soon; a meal that I saw on FB. Chicken and biscuits in a slow cooker.
Gotta remember to take pics as I go along. Wish me luck!
Also gonna wait till Black Friday for the Instant Pot....or put it in my bday wish list

thats my bigger pot, sitting on 5 burner stove for perspective

Back
Top Bottom