What's for dinner? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Longo's had flat iron steak on sale. Used Montreal steak spice. Really like the tenderness. Tried searing on high, then the indirect heat method suggested. First pic is when I first removed it. A little too rare, so I put it back on for a bit. Grilled some onions peppers and garden zucchini. Store bought chicken ceasar salad rounded out the meal. @CruisnGrrl, pulled out my dollar store grill plate ?
First try:
60d1dfb7d6bf91c1fdd6c64017eb3aa1.jpg

Back on the grill
d73fad3f6aaf0e3c7ce0f411c793a812.jpg

Veggies
2fb2c2628956e1f862c06c136eeaeffe.jpg

Plated
a4ce8e56601521cf5ee1739b3961cbc5.jpg

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Longo's had flat iron steak on sale. Used Montreal steak spice. Really like the tenderness. Tried searing on high, then the indirect heat method suggested. First pic is when I first removed it. A little too rare, so I put it back on for a bit.

The steak looks great, including the first pic. It's all about personal preference for how you want it done. And now you have an idea of time and temp for what you get and what you want, and to build on. With some more cooking you'll learn how the variables of ambient temp and steak thickness can be accommodated as well. I use montreal steak spice 98% of the time on my steaks, including my super steak pic on page two.

Last night was BBQ cevapi (sp), dilled spuds, green salad and broccoli. Three out of four ain't bad.

Thanks @kwtoxman you and the others (and doc's orders) are really helping me up my game. I get home hours before my wife now, so dinner is on me. Trying to do right by my family and not have them follow in my poor eating choices.
That being said, last night the older boy went to his friend's house for dinner and video games, and the little guy and I lost track of time with him riding around in his Power Wheels Escalade (I got a ton of walking in) so we hit up the best pizza in da 'bridge at Nino D'Aversa Kipling. Bottom is Margerihta for my son, and my wife and I shared the spicy Inferno.
72a29581e04a75bdc6c5f4c7d2fcc339.jpg

Omg I wanna go to your house for dinner!

Yummers.

Bass from fishing in GBay, local corn and all herbs from garden. Tomatoes still haven't ripened. Not sure what happened.

swimming in fresh beefsteak tomatos over here. They all ripened in the same week.
I want some!
Been having tomatoe/cucumber / onion salad almost every day. Wiped out my entire garden of roma and cherry tomatoes.

Had some real good luck with privately grown vegi stand tomatoes out of the Niagara region this weekend. A little weak for this thread, I know.

I don't like tomatoes or cucumbers, what's wrong with y'all :D

Had some wraps that I forgot about....whipped up a tomato sauce, grated some cheese and tore up some prosciutto. The ones in front also have bocconcini slices.
4566cb060275cb8a5e261bb059afb1a2.jpg

Also made up @sevet s favourite salad ?
9a9ca9ee0d67d9e3a2dc27991ec9d154.jpg

Garden tomatoes and basil (courtesy the neighbours) garden cukes, onions, bocconcini, oregano, salt & pepper and evoo. Above pic is before, bottom pic is dressed
2ace5acf2d24f73399b0aec3c5ffd122.jpg

Would have been healthier if I didn't do a scarpetta with some fresh crusty bread. (Scarpetta: When you take that fresh crusty bread and clean up all the juices and oil that's left after you finish your salad. Also done after pasta. )

**sorry for the crappy pics I need a steadier hand**

Weird. Your pic shows up in the app timeline, but not the thread. (For me, at least)

Not sure what the early bird is, but I wanna go there.

Another garden salad. Really happy with the switch in preparation. Need to switch things up so as not to OD on all the garden produce.

All garden produce including lettuce, cucumber, white onion, dill and grilled cherry tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and pork parmesan/spinach sausage. The pics show before and after sausage. Tomatoes were grilled with the extra virgin olive oil and a bit of salt.

The grilled cherry tomatoes were so sweet. This meal had everything, sweet, bitter, salty, slippery, crunchy, subtle and spicy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tonight's supper will be a simple pan fried salmon filet but since I spent the day making crab apple jelly tomorrow's breakfast will include the jelly, probably on something boring.

Back
Top Bottom