What's for dinner? | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Instant pot starbucks sous vide egg bites. Great and very tasty :agave:
attachment.php

Not my picture but from the recipe I used. And the recipe isn't sous vide, rather just a basic and simple Instant pot recipe.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

A few more recent meals. Spaghetti with tomato sauce. Added garden cherry tomatoes and diced onion to the sauce simmer, plus parmesan cheese when plated. :agave:
attachment.php

Caesar salad made up with fresh romaine lettuce, diced onion, freshly ground pepper, fresh parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice, butter croutons and Renee's mighty caesar dressing. :agave:
attachment.php

Curry cast iron skillet garden roasted potatoes. With olive oil, diced onion, mild curry seasoning, turmeric, garam masala, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and garden dill added at the end. :agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Not my cooking, but enjoyed another great meal from Mempis BBQ on Islington
72fc3452e8454b67794779596941069e.jpg

Man I love this place.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Easy nachos with turkey beef mix
1a898bab9c9d0443c6c52bdce2062eb3.jpg
20d99b5a8ab42406119bb1144b8944a8.jpg

My pork tenderloin comes in two per pack. Here's the other cook; Weber grilled stuffed pork tenderloin with pepperocinis and cream cheese. It's a fave :agave:.
attachment.php

With Instant pot risotto :agave:.
attachment.php

And another vegetable wok stir fry; sweet peppers, carrots, onions and chow mein noodles with black (sweet) soy sauce, dark soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Excellent :agave:.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Fyi 6qt Instant Pot @ WalMart $49.
Merry Christmas to me.

It has begun. Thx Joe Bass. Make sure it is the 6 or 8 qt model, as the new 3 qt model is a small version.

In honour of that, here's one of my recent cooks, Instant pot Samoa cheesecake made with ricotta cheese :thumbup:.
attachment.php

First time cook so the presentation isn't perfect with how I applied the topping. Know what to do next time and it'll look as perfect as it tastes. The toppings were Dulce de Leche and chocolate :agave:. My first ricotta cheesecake cook. It results in a noticeably lighter cheesecake, including less dense as well as less filling. My recipe makes it less sweet than a normal cheesecake as well (with no ricotta cheese). All this combines to become a different yet still excellent cheesecake option, something new for me too. Total success and awesome; definitely recommended :agave:.

And here's a recent stir fry cook on the wok; shrimp, sweet red pepper, carrots, snow peas, and some broad rice noodles in a mild green curry sauce. It's mostly veg this time, and great :agave:.
attachment.php

PS. It is crazy easy to make Dulce de Leche in the Instant pot :). What an awesome confection.

Last edited:
Another one of my stir fry meals and one of my very best. The perfect oil amount and stickiness that you can see in the pictures, and every ingredient cooked perfectly. A wok cook, with a few jumbo shrimp and lots of snow peas, orange sweet pepper, garden carrots and onion. Done Pad See Ew style with sauce and flat ho fun noodles. Lots of colour pop for great presentation.

Awesome :agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I wanted to feel like a pioneer so I made bannock, basically a giant pancake. Flour, water, baking powder and butter fried in a pan. Not much in the flavour department as expected but it makes me feel Canadian.

Has anyone else have flavours that remind them of their upbringings?

Living on a farm in Manitoba we would, after harvest, burn the dried plant stalks. Some potatoes were usually found as well and they went into the fire to be baked. When they were done it was hard to tell them from a clump of dirt but they had an unusual taste. I'm not sure if I liked them but they're part of my mental catalog of flavours.

I wanted to feel like a pioneer so I made bannock, basically a giant pancake. Flour, water, baking powder and butter fried in a pan. Not much in the flavour department as expected but it makes me feel Canadian.

Has anyone else have flavours that remind them of their upbringings?

Living on a farm in Manitoba we would, after harvest, burn the dried plant stalks. Some potatoes were usually found as well and they went into the fire to be baked. When they were done it was hard to tell them from a clump of dirt but they had an unusual taste. I'm not sure if I liked them but they're part of my mental catalog of flavours.

Yorkshire pudding. Also one of my all time favourite sandwiches when I was at Uni in the UK was a roast pork sandwich with crackling, apple sauce and stuffing inside a fresh roll that had been split in half and wiped over the roast pork joint to coat the insides with a bit of pork fat. My other favourite sandwich was from France with spit roast lamb carved, chopped and fried crispy inside a baguette with some veggies, harissa (North African hot sauce) and then stuffed with French fries. Pretty sure it's not health food.....but it was freaking delicious.

Roasted baby brussel sprouts with olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Excellent.
attachment.php

Another new cook. Instant pot lasagna! It included ricotta, queso quesadilla, mozarella, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, plus the custom coarse grind beef and pork I get. So easy and very tasty. Awesome :agave:.
attachment.php

Click on the picture and zoom. This was the first time I've ever made lasagna :eek:. Doing this in an Instant pot is very easy and makes it much faster. Which is great if you want a meal without waiting and waiting for it, like after work. Highly recommended.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Roasted baby brussel sprouts with olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Excellent.
attachment.php

Another new cook. Instant pot lasagna! It included ricotta, queso quesadilla, mozarella, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, plus the custom coarse grind beef and pork I get. So easy and very tasty. Awesome :agave:.
attachment.php

Click on the picture and zoom. This was the first time I've ever made lasagna. Using an Instant pot it is very easy and much faster. Highly recommended.

Cheers!

Its pretty easy in a casserole dish as long as you can cook a decent white/cheese sauce and tomato sauce with the added bonus that you can brown the top a little if you like.

I have a sneaky feeling these instant pots will be yard sale specials in a few years time.

Yorkshire pudding. Also one of my all time favourite sandwiches when I was at Uni in the UK was a roast pork sandwich with crackling, apple sauce and stuffing inside a fresh roll that had been split in half and wiped over the roast pork joint to coat the insides with a bit of pork fat. My other favourite sandwich was from France with spit roast lamb carved, chopped and fried crispy inside a baguette with some veggies, harissa (North African hot sauce) and then stuffed with French fries. Pretty sure it's not health food.....but it was freaking delicious.

My wife is a lean cuisine Nazi but waves the rules when there's Yorkshire pudding or cracklings to be had.

Its pretty easy in a casserole dish as long as you can cook a decent white/cheese sauce and tomato sauce with the added bonus that you can brown the top a little if you like.
Yes, it's obviously as easy to prepare lasagna in a casserole dish as an Instant pot (I went back and clarified my earlier post). But the lasagna cooks in less than half the time in an Instant pot. And what makes you think you can't brown the top a little? (I did that, which is why the picture looks so good ;)).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom