What's for dinner? | Page 48 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

$0.99 a pound
$0.99 bbq sauce
So good.
cf126ed6255b279c54854b3255e0bcad.jpg

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Ok so I had leftovers so I made this for breakfast , reheated hot italian sausage, took a piece of PVC pipe and ground a sharp leading edge and chucked it in the drill press and bored out the baugettes. Made a perfect hole, buttered the hole with mayonaisse so the sausage would insert without binding up. The whole process seemed a little dirty.

Cut the baugettes with sausage in into 3" pieces and presto , breakfast sandwiches. Kind of a spin on "pigs in a blanket" , but faster and possibly healthier.

wow
sounds tasty
and mildly arousing :)

$0.99 a pound
$0.99 bbq sauce
So good.
Looks great and lots of savings.

Happy long weekend everyone!

A reheat of the Mexican adobo chicken cook, served with salsa, fresh tomatoes and shredded 3 cheese in more fresh corn tortillas. Devoured in the house and just awesome :agave::agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm getting 8-12 tortillas out of the Mexican adobo chicken cook (was made with two large breasts), depending on how much one loads up the tortillas with other stuff (it adds up quickly). This is a great meal for fresh, simple and fast leftovers :).

Made an omelette with some leftovers in the fridge. Most people don't actually make omelettes, rather overcooking them into frittatas. Anyway I had to reacquaint myself with the omelette technique and try it again. Here's a great video showing the simplicity and technique in making an omelette.
[video=youtube;OQyRuOEKfVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQyRuOEKfVk&t=3s[/video]

I grilled some asparagus on the Weber summit (nice light char) and added shredded 3 cheese.
attachment.php

Super tasty, excellent and fairly well cooked :agave:.

I tried my hand at grilling fresh brussel sprouts. It's a hit :) :agave:.
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
More great hi-res pictures! Click on them to see all the details.

Loved the tortillas I posted earlier and went with a similar meal. This time I did a riff on baja style fish tacos (minus the cream sauce) using food I had in the house. Beer battered smoked yellow cod, fresh corn tortillas, fresh diced tomatoes, medium premium salsa, shredded 3 cheese, fresh squeezed lime juice and some chopped lettuce. Great pictures, super easy and super tasty :agave::agave:!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Super popular in the house again. :toothy7:

With the summer heat, I went with doing the beer batter fish in my cast iron skillet on the side burner of my Weber Summit grill. It's the highest BTU burner I have (more than the kitchen stove) and clean-up is a breeze.

I recently decided to try some more premium salsa available at the grocer and went with Newman's Own medium salsa; it's great! Definitely recommended if you don't want to make your own from scratch :) :thumbup:. From time to time, I will add some fresh ingredients to the salsa to make it even better, such as diced tomatoes like above, fresh diced onion, even the fungus I added in an earlier nacho post here. I also really like that Newman's Own brand donates all profits from its food company to charities, $30 million in 2016.

Omelettes are awesome. Another omelette again using up stuff in my fridge. Made with fresh grilled asparagus (in olive oil and sea salt), sauteed onion, shredded three cheese and fresh diced tomatoes. Excellent :agave:.
attachment.php

Made this full house vegetable asian fusion wok stir fry for a friend. This picture is a reheat from the leftovers because I didn't get a picture when it was fresh, but this has the most vegetables I've ever put into a stir fry. It has red sweet pepper, yellow sweet pepper, orange sweet pepper, onion, carrots, celery, snow peas, baby bok choy, chinese broccoli, black basswood fungus, shitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, cashews, sesame seeds and chinese noodles. There's another 5-6 ingredients in the scratch sauce including peanut oil and black soy sauce (sweet). Awesome! :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Adding a generous amount of chili flakes gave the meal a flavourful heat and added complexity to the meal. Highly recommended.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Tough crowd :eek:. More great meals here imo.

Found pork kebabs on sale finally. Red wine and shallot pork kebabs with that great exterior crunch garlic toast with fresh basil :agave:.
attachment.php

Another fresh grilled brussel sprouts cook with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt :agave:.
attachment.php

Check out the tasty details.
attachment.php

Another omelette with fresh grilled asparagus (in extra virgin olive oil and sea salt), sauteed onions, fresh diced tomatoes and 4 cheeses. This had so many ingredients that moisture from the vegetables made the omelette more fragile. But I thought I cooked the omelette extremely well otherwise. Best egg cook colour of all I've posted recently. :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the sprout, gonna grill them next time

gonna go for chicken breasts stuffed with asparagus and feta
grilled of course...maybe some Hollandaise on top

prolly some mini spuds done in rosemary and dill on the side
nice Sunday late dinner, and a beer or 2 first

The only way I can get a brussel spout into the missus, short of a slingshot, is if they are roasted on the grill or broiled. I'll roast them with some sliced vidalias onions and pancetta or just good side bacon if that's what's here, toss it all together and it hardly tastes like a brussel sprout.

Drizzle with warmed maple syrup and she thinks its candy.

I agree with your missus....sprouts are the devil's vegetable. I’ve tried them a variety of different ways and hate the damn things. Cabbage is fine....even cauliflower is ok.

Moar pics :)

Chicken kebabs came on sale finally. They are the best! Smokey Alabama grill chicken kebabs done on the Weber Summit. Perfectly cooked and super awesome :agave::agave:!
attachment.php

attachment.php

For chicken kebabs I use a probe thermometer to make sure the chicken is perfectly cooked (not too little, not too much) :downtown:.

I enjoyed the Mexican adobo chicken tortillas I posted earlier so much that I made it again. But this time I made more of an adobo stew style sauce, cooked with diced tomatoes, red sweet peppers and onions. Lots more liquid because I added the tomatoes too early in the cook and reduced them too much as you can see, but still super tasty and flavorful. Served on white flour tortillas with shredded three cheese, premium salsa, fresh diced tomatoes, Mexican hot sauce (picked it up in Mexico) and some romaine lettuce. Very popular in the house and awesome :agave::agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

A simple and quick cook. PC cheddar jalapeno smokie with a liberal amount of mustard and sweet corn relish on a fresh bun with garden onion chives. Flavourful and great! :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

I think I need to visit someone in KW. Around dinnertime.

Thx @Joe Bass! :p Lots of work posting all this up. Here's some more.

Red wine and shallot marinated beef kebabs from the Weber Summit grill, perfectly cooked.:agave::agave:
attachment.php

attachment.php

These ones I decided to serve in small white flour tortillas. Excellent.

Great pictures!
attachment.php

Here's a reheat meal of the Mexican adobo chicken done tortilla style again. :agave::agave:
attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
For the foodie and adventurous see if you can get this. I found it at one of the big local grocer's.

Bothwell – Habanero with cracked black pepper Monterey Jack cheese - Block
Habanero-Catalog-Image-712x600.jpg

http://www.bothwellcheese.com/product/habanero-with-cracked-black-pepper/
This stuff is literally the hottest/spiciest cheese I've ever had. And boy, it also magnifies the black pepper taste. Better like black pepper :). Super bold, but some beautiful subtle tastes as well. This will literally be too hot for some people.

It's creamy and soft as well. I like it :) :)! Very unique. It won a big award too :agave:. Go Canada! Try and find it.

This fiery cheese is the Silver Medal Winner for High Heat, Monterey Jack category, at the 2018 World Championship Cheese Contest. We have mixed our Monterey Jack cheese with a spicy and flavourful blend of hot habanero peppers and ramped it up with the bold flavour of cracked black pepper.

Last edited:
Simple, easy dinner.
Cheese stuffed sausages and frozen burgers.
Tomato, cucumber and boconccini salad.
ad2b7b3b27bc116c0ea7ea87f916ab7f.jpg
2615913ca5a33d8c45ca23836a4e25bc.jpg

looks good Joe

no pics, everyone was hungry
had some beef tenderloin that I bought on sale
cut it into medallions about 3/4 inch thick

marinated in home made maple teriyaki
lotsa garlic and ginger, Quebec maple syrup
Kikomans soy sauce
grilled to a bit of crust on the outside
MR on the inside

served with local PEC corn on the cob
was good I guess, no one spoke for about 30 minutes

it's been a great year for corn

Looks great JB! :). Sounds great JavaFan. ;).

The garden is in full swing here. I have enough fresh raspberries to choke a horse :tongue1::love10:. Overkill. Had ~100 fresh raspberries off the bush outside today in the back yard. Need to do that and more now daily. Had some fresh garden peas too. And fresh cucumber with a little bit of vinegar, salt and pepper. And a few extra aged garden scallion onions (holy strong). I picked up some Serrano Spanish dry cured ham (shaved charcuterie style) this morning and had some this aft. Plus some Bothwell's Habanero with cracked black pepper Monterey Jack cheese and some excellent vegetable cheese ball (great contrasting cheeses). With PC Chia Quinoa baked crackers and PC sea salt baked crackers.

Plus premium bakery jalapeno turkish bread demi. And a few fresh radishes (the radishes are in season and have been great at the grocery for the last month or so). Still have fresh asparagus, premium sour cream icing fresh cinnamon buns and a blueberry custard tea time bakery sweet available to try, as well as fresh in-season on-sale purple plums and peaches, all picked up this morning. :):agave:

Enjoyed another american wild sour ale beer in the heat too. Coup de Foudre by Strange Fellows Brewing in BC. Support fellow Canadians!
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/38227/345992/

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back to cheese and in keeping with a French World Cup win.....if you’ve never tried Roquefort you really have to.

We need to do some GTAM BBQs, perhaps every month or annual at the least. @kwtoxman, I've been silently following all your updates on this thread. Have to say everytime I see your post, I end up overeating.

You should have your own food show!
Drooling...

Lots of great cheese out there. I've done some foodie diving into various blue cheeses. Roquefort is a standard bearer for the class. It's great once in a while but isn't my favourite style. Great on a premium burger from time to time. :)

We need to do some GTAM BBQs, perhaps every month or annual at the least. @kwtoxman, I've been silently following all your updates on this thread. Have to say everytime I see your post, I end up overeating.

You should have your own food show!
Drooling...
Thx @roadrash! :happy3: It can get quiet here so positive feedback is great. Posting is a lot of work and the appreciation helps spur me to continue. I ended up eating too well a few times recently and had to slow down my food intake to a more sustainable amount.

Some more food here.

This is Anthony Bourdain's Pasta (Spaghetti) Pomodoro recipe. First time I've ever done a fully scratch tomato sauce or a cook like this. Fresh tomatoes blanched, skinned and de-seeded. It wasn't difficult, I just took my time and found it relaxing. Everything was fresh except I mixed some packaged durum semolina spaghetti pasta with fresh angel hair pasta. The recipe is on the internet and it was excellent! A great non-meat dish in the hot weather! :agave:
attachment.php

I'm happy I finally got around to putting this type of meal into my wheel house.

My garden is going well. Here's a meal completely out of the garden. Cast iron skillet potatoes with fresh potatoes, onions and dill. Seasoned with Club House spicy pepper medley seasoning. Glorious :agave::agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a new breed of blonde cucumber recently available for gardens here; it's called a martini cucumber and is excellent! I serve it up with sea salt, fresh ground 4 pepper blend and some vinegar.
attachment.php

For those interested in the garden for what will be a bunch of future food posts from me.
attachment.php

Check out the 5 foot tall cherry tomato plant :toothy8::blob:
attachment.php

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom