What's for dinner? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Grilled these up yesterday. Awesome. Not burnt, rather a very well done caramelization of the sauce. Used Misty Mountain BBQ sauce; an award winning nationwide competition BBQ outfit.

Click and zoom for some higher res.
attachment.php

A zoom picture.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Beef ribs (sobeys has them on this week fyi).

Just started a 6 hour smoke.

Beef ribs (sobeys has them on this week fyi).

Just started a 6 hour smoke.
It's been 6 hours, I've been salivating since you posted. We need the reveal!!!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Eating at Pizzeria Libretto

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Pics or it didn't happen. (And if you have leftovers, you can bring lunch for me on Monday ?)

Pics or it didn't happen. (And if you have leftovers, you can bring lunch for me on Monday ?)

Inside the box is NSFW
eb6ea2e84bb950c8e9e9a036513f5dff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

this looks soooo gooooood

Thx. If my pics here inspire some to the grill/bbq, or to the next step in grill/bbq, it's a win. Here's another meal off the grill.

Rotisserie turkey with stuffing, cooked on my weber summit. Somewhere around 12 pounds and it was a fresh butterball.

Best turkey ever! It is the holiday go to now (done about 8 of them over the last years) and we'll never cook a turkey any other way. Same thing with my earlier rotisserie chicken (probably cooked 30 of them over the last few years). :):)

Click and zoom.
attachment.php

Last edited:
This is going to potentially inspire me to pick up a bird.

This is going to potentially inspire me to pick up a bird.

Enjoy. Love rotisserie bird on the weber summit. Probably the easiest/tastiest meal in my wheelhouse.

With a chicken I can marinade one 10 ways that I know rocks, and I'm always looking for new options, from franks red hot to honey garlic or even Mediterranean. I catch the drippings and typically do mashed potatoes with gravy. Do skin on mashed potatoes for even less work and great texture/flavour. It's generally a 1 hr cook, is crazy tender and can feed 4 adults with a fryer chicken (or more with larger roaster). I pick up a fryer bird for $8 or so, unless I want the higher end air chilled option. All of these small chickens produce a ton of drippings. So enjoy.

As for the turkey, I recently tried stuffing out of the bird for something new. It was awesome. It is easier to rotisserie the turkey perfectly and the stuffing is amazing. This will now be my go to. Here is the stuffing cooking guide and if you want recipe to consider. http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/blog/grilled-stout-stuffing

It isn't about the recipe linked above per se; I use a family favorite recipe for the ingredients. Rather focus on the cooking instructions. From that I used the butter, chicken broth, the cast iron skillet, and in my last cook the stuffing was already all combined so it was cooked on the fly with a bit of direct then indirect as per the cooking instructions. Worked amazing. You can tweak for moisture with foil, etc. Since a turkey should sit a good 30 minutes before eating, it is easy to incorporate the stuffing cooking instructions with a direct stove-top start and an indirect grill cook/finish. And there are a variety of other ways one could do.

Last edited:
I sorry, but they were delicious Joe Bass, forgot to take pics.

Only pain in the *** thing about the smoker (or bbq) that long is making sure you have the time to stay and babysit it. Later yesterday aft I wanted to do some other running around but I was only one home so had to stay put.

Dry rub, covered and smoked for 3 hours at low. Uncover for 2 hours and baste about every 1/2. Final hour covered back up.

3-2-1 recipe!

I'll check my pasta book when I get home but I'd say first off stop going to Red Lobster. Everything but the fresh fish comes in little frozen packages. I used to work there, funny that the best thing on the menu is the least ordered.

Epicurious is a website I use when trying a new dish. That and the Food Network or Fine Cooking.

How about this for a bit of a change of pace.

Sobey's, Real Canadian Superstore, Your Independent, etc.... Mediterranean salad is the main component. I bought it expiring soon at 50% off. I love these deals as salad expiry dates are very very conservative. So from $6.40 to $3.20. What you see is about one third of the salad in this portion, so about $1.10. It came with cherry tomatoes, orange sweet peppers, spanish onions, and various lettuce including iceberg, spinach and spring mix. I added aged balsamic vinaigrette dressing and a small personally grilled chicken breast souvlaki skewer diced up. Very fresh, tasty and great value.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Baked potatoes, grilled vegetables & eye of round steak.
(Pic taken BEFORE I overcook it ?)
6de91b4645306b2fd0f4cd86a5227a63.jpg

Forgot the salad...lettuce from my garden

160595a70c58cd298bc82df56cd9265b.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs FLSTC is out of town tonight, so it's chicken thighs on the Q. The real ones, not the boneless, skinless ones. Mairinated in a garlic bbq sauce, and with a bajan hot pepper sauce brushed on while grilling.
20160626_202517_zpsjc2aimbs.jpg

A 'sweet' kale packaged salad and an Argentinian Pinot Grigio that Mrs FLSTC was nice enough to leave in the fridge.
20160626_204727_zpsqbuypgdo.jpg

I just discovered bacon and onion jam. I'm so glad I'm not Jewish, Muslim, SDA, vegan or vegetarian. Who cares what's for dinner as long as I can have it with bacon and onion jam.

Back
Top Bottom