What's for dinner? | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

This is Instant pot new york cheesecake! :toothy7:As good as any scratch cheesecake I've made or had :agave:.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm loving the Instant pot! There's so many things you can make with it; I've got a bunch of great desserts lined up for the future :angel10: .

I love cheesecake and that looks so good. Would have never thought about doing a cheesecake in a pressure cooker/Instant pot. Time to do some experimenting.

Last edited:
I love cheese and that looks so good. Would have never thought about doing a cheesecake in pressure cooker/Instant pot. Time to do some experimenting.

Nice! I was surprised to see cheesecake for the instant pot as well. One of my favourites so I had to try it. Enjoy and report back how it goes! :happy1:

A recent beef rib roast cook. 3 lbs of greatness, perfectly prepped and grilled to medium rare on the weber summit. Awesome :agave:.
attachment.php

Here were the sides, scratch fresh garlic toast and a quick garden vegetable salad. :)
attachment.php

Another cook of the Pad See Ew. This one with red and orange sweet peppers, fresh garden onions, snow peas, broccoli, frozen peas and shrimp. So tasty again :agave:.
attachment.php

Turkey is almost done! Happy thanksgiving.

Cheers!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone had some good turkey this weekend. Here is my contribution to the holiday with some friends.

Turkey roulade stuffed with mushrooms and apples, parmesan potato and sweet potato stack, dressing with almonds, roasted fennel, mushroom gravy and cranberry sauce. There was also a side of roasted turmeric cauliflower and 3 appetizers - bacon arugula onion tart, spiced squash chips and baked brie with cranberry sauce which everyone dug into before I could take pictures.

22277874_523139631354292_5012882431124963328_n.jpg

22277908_1843744442602487_7275156669317775360_n.jpg

To help with digestion, we went for a walk, ended up at a bar for a few drinks. Then back home for more drinks and to finish off dessert - Dutch baby pancake. My go to quick and cheap dessert. This is an older picture but looks pretty much the same but with cranberries and creme fraiche.

21911202_670062563194921_9006427320268881920_n.jpg

PS: Want to see what I cook, you can see it here. https://www.instagram.com/spastikfly/

Turkey pot pie tonight. Gee I wonder why? Oh yeah, we bought a 25 pound turkey.

well that just moved the bar up .............
Yeah. Some great looking stuff here and over on Insta.
My insta feed just got ridiculous. And I follow a lot of foodies.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Surprise! Turkey Noodle Soup:
Nqge5iZh.jpg

And bonus homemade yogurt:
W4oM9Ufh.jpg

Nice food and great pictures!

My thanksgiving meal was excellent. Did a 6 kg fresh PC butter turkey on the weber summit rotisserie, cooked perfectly. Sides included scratch home-made stuffing, sweet pickled carrots and cold pickled pickles (all garden fresh), gravy, garden fresh mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie with home-made whip cream. Got caught up in the hectic serving that I forgot to take pics :rolleyes: . At least I have some earlier turkey cook pictures here that are similar for viewing. Leftovers are done. The carcass and some turkey breast has been saved for future Instant pot turkey carcass soup.

Here's a prime rib sandwich from that earlier beef rib roast cook, with a fresh garden scallion and some butter on a nicely warmed sesame bun. Excellent :agave:
attachment.php

Cheers

No where near the level that bas been posted recently, but a delish goto favourite around here. About $25 to feed us all.
Breaded veal cutlets and broccoli flowerettes. I put some veal in a fresh crusty baguette. Yum!
32cb57a1910ed479c1361a2052ec988a.jpg

Late night snack, sweet thai chili chicken wings on the weber summit grill :).
attachment.php

The prep for the following cook. 50/50 ground beef/pork mix and other goodies.
attachment.php

Instant pot Italian wedding soup. Been wanting to make this one for a while. :agave:
attachment.php

I went to the butcher and got some high quality ground beef (chuck) and pork (shoulder) for this cook (and others); fresh 1/4 inch coarse single grind.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The wife is vegetarian...don't know whether to sully this fine thread with meatless dishes or not.

The wife is vegetarian...don't know whether to sully this fine thread with meatless dishes or not.
I would love to see some.

I'm a carnivore but had the veggie meal at Me-Va-Me Kitchen Express (York Mills / Lesmill). If all veggie meals tasted like that I could become a convert (Almost).

I find that too many veggie dishes require getting used to the tastes. Vegan is worse. I have reactionary tastes.

I think the key to veggie cooking is to NOT try to make it taste like something it isn't. Tofu is not meat.

I'm a carnivore but had the veggie meal at Me-Va-Me Kitchen Express (York Mills / Lesmill). If all veggie meals tasted like that I could become a convert (Almost).

I find that too many veggie dishes require getting used to the tastes. Vegan is worse. I have reactionary tastes.

I think the key to veggie cooking is to NOT try to make it taste like something it isn't. Tofu is not meat.

Very true. I'm a carnivore too but one of my favourite restaurants was the King St Café in Kensington Market which was (not even sure it's still there) a vegetarian restaurant. Delicious food simply because the chef wasn't trying to copy any meat dishes.

I made my own seitan once which turned out pretty good. Good vegetarian food is all about texture (and of course flavour) to me. Anyway, next time I make something I'll post it up. Last night I made a vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with Yves cuisine "mince" which isn't too bad.

I try my best to do atleast 2 or 3 days per week to go completely meatless and have been quite successful. I have found that getting adults to eat veggie dishes is to make the dish more flavourful until they get used to the taste. Using spices that compliment or enhance the flavour of the vegetable rather then trying to mask or make it taste like meat. Ethnic cuisines are always a good place to start on veggies - http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/. It also helps to make the dish look pretty.

I know some of the dislike of veggies comes from people having eaten veggies that were badly cooked as a kids and that still sticks with them as adults. Cooking veggies properly takes some time and practise since most have a much narrow margin of error then meats do.

I've done dinner where I invited heavy carnivores, fed them a complete veggie meal only for them to find out half way through that there was on meat on the table.

Anyway, here are some veggie dishes to get the ball rolling.

Roasted whole cauliflower seasoned with chilli powder, tumeric, asafoetida(an indian spice that tastes like onion, garlic and sulphur), lots of lovely olive oil and a heavy pinch of sea salt. I left it under the broiler for a abit to long so the top got slightly over charred then I would like for presentation purposes but the charred parts tasted the best.

22352518_139345990020058_4282240908469993472_n.jpg

Pani puri an indian street food/snack that all about textures and weird flavours. Fried dough that is then stuffed with boiled potatoes and chickpeas, filled with a super flavourful watery soup made from cumin and tamarind. topped off with cucumber, tomatoes, onions and coriander for some more texture and fresh flavour.

22069117_340923646358864_753485508809588736_n.jpg

The veggies look good.

I don't know where my cousin got his 4" diameter zucchinis but he cut them into steaks, oiled them, sprinkled with Cajun spice and BBQ'd. Yum. Nothing wrong with a BBQ'd Portobello either.

Last edited:
Nice stuff all. Been enjoying leftovers and basic cooks. That Instant pot Italian weddding soup was so good. Did another wing cook on the grill with mediterranean herb seasoning. Made some more Instant pot roasted tomato soup with garden cherry tomatoes. Here's a few more.

Did another 1/2 lb custom coarse ground beef burger. :agave:
attachment.php

Instant pot savoury indian meatballs over jasmine rice (beef/pork combo) :)
attachment.php

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

I usually get supermarket burgers and ground but hand grinding doesn't compact the stuff into a paste. It's a treat when I'm not being lazy.

I usually get supermarket burgers and ground but hand grinding doesn't compact the stuff into a paste. It's a treat when I'm not being lazy.
One can also find a local butcher who will grind what you want how you want. Then all it takes is one phone call.

Where once I was blind, now I see :) ; for those interested this website took my grilling to the next level, including the burger guides. My burger cook was based on this. http://amazingribs.com/recipes/hamburgers/zen_of_hamburgers.html
I only wish I had known about this info a decade or two earlier.

Another recent cook here; homemade stir fry in the wok. Shrimp, snow peas, yellow sweet pepper, broccoli, garden onions, yellow curry sauce and black soy sauce (sweet) over duck egg noodles.
attachment.php

Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom