What's for dinner? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

Pork back ribs came back on sale 1/2 off. Two racks for $20. Picked up a bunch of packs.

Here is my last recent grill. Low and slow using a very detailed recipe and cooking guide. With (meathead's memphis dust) rub and sauce combo (Misty Mountain BBQ sauce; an award winning nationwide competition BBQ outfit). Crazy good.

Here is my last recent pork back ribs cook on the grill (rub only in this picture).
attachment.php

On the plate.
attachment.php

Zoomed in to see the juicy caramelized goodness.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Poblano peppers slow roasted on the BBQ stuffed with rice, cheddar, crab, panko crumbs, cilantro and spring onion and a sprinkle of Mexican chilli powder served with homemade mango jalapeño salsa. No pictures. Ate the ****ing lot.

Poblano peppers slow roasted on the BBQ stuffed with rice, cheddar, crab, panko crumbs, cilantro and spring onion and a sprinkle of Mexican chilli powder served with homemade mango jalapeño salsa. No pictures. Ate the ****ing lot.
You're such a tease!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

MIL is over watching the boys cause they're sick...so she's making dinner tonight:
Fried zucchini flowers, home made breaded burgers and salad. Veggies from my garden.
193068cc0dd7c804a0381b5cd4aa2d25.jpg

Pork back ribs came back on sale 1/2 off. Two racks for $20. Picked up a bunch of packs.

Here is my last recent grill. Low and slow using a very detailed recipe and cooking guide. With a rub and sauce combo. Used Misty Mountain BBQ sauce; an award winning nationwide competition BBQ outfit. Crazy good.

Here is my last recent pork back ribs cook on the grill (rub only in this picture).
attachment.php

On the plate.
attachment.php

Zoomed in to see the juicy caramelized goodness.
attachment.php
Yeah; ribs low & slow -nothing like it! Do mine at about 225 until they're fall-off-the-bone tender :) Rub & sauce combos are endless.

Yeah; ribs low & slow -nothing like it! Do mine at about 225 until they're fall-off-the-bone tender :) Rub & sauce combos are endless.
Thx!

I'm currently prepping both greek and lemon pepper pork back ribs. Will try to remember to post.

My recent cooking for pork ribs is 225 indirect with a water tray underneath (about 2 inches) for about 3 hours with the rub. Then direct high with sauce added (when needed for sauce ribs) to caramelize and finish.

The local grocer had the pork tenderloin on mega sale. Two tenderloins per pack, and about $8 per pack. Picked up five packs.

Last edited:
Going to Niagara to pick some cherries this wknd. Have an idea to soak them in brandy for a month or two (mason jar) then dip them in a light coating of dark chocolate. Will make a good home-made dessert item for future parties (even if we visit someone else).

Niagara, cherries, this weekend, soak, brandy, month, or two months, mason jar, dip, light coating, dark chocolate, good home-made, future parties. Possible visit. Nice. That's some ambitious duck lining up.

Cherries, another opportunity to go next-level on imo, especially if one is a fan. I've been on a cherries kick recently and the premium halo brands are amazing. Fabbri Amarena cherries are the shizz. Being made for over 100 years. And I expect Toschi Amarena black cherries to be up there as well (haven't opened them yet).

They are not widely available or cheap, but they can be gotten in Canada without much work. Yes, it is worth it.

IMG_6871.jpg

Fabbri-Amarena.jpg

Last edited:
Before I burn dinner....
(And I know, cut out the aluminum. ...baby steps)
veggies, steak, sausages, potatoes and corn
91a91e73b97f12bf33943d9b76d4a7a7.jpg

7428f8e4039610cc61d61fa30b9c4bf9.jpg

Lamb chops, marinated with fresh rosemary and garlic, then bbq. Left-over take-out basmati rice. Cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from the back-yard. A 2012 Konzelman Reserve Cabernet Merlot that we picked up in Niagara on Saturday.

20160801_182329_zpswey2np35.jpg

Low sodium tortilla chips, mango habanero salsa and ginger ale. All name-brand. #ballin'

dzpGOlK.jpg

Got some crazy awesome prices on pork tenderloin recently. $8 for a pack of two tenderloins.

Still only posting what I make or cook to try to inspire/help the community wrt easily obtainable goodness. The other stuff is simply talking about spending money.

Grilled a pork tenderloin with lemon pepper seasoning, with added oregano and basil spice, plus fresh squeezed lemon after cooking for added flavour.

The side dish was some of my garden grown chinese vegetable, cooked in a wok on my grill side burner, with some oyster sauce and garlic powder (and requisite oil, peanut in this case) for overall flavour.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here are the herb style pork back ribs I did recently and foreshadowed last page. Absolutely awesome. They really impressed a bunch of people. Very meaty.

Lemon pepper rub for one rack and greek rub for the second rack. They tasted notably different from each other and it wasn't hard to pick out which was which, even blind. The added variety in the meal was very welcome. Herb rubs will be another meal option in the wheelhouse which is getting ever larger. The ribs were from the amazing deal I got on pork back ribs a while back. About $10 per rack, under half price.

Low and slow 3.5 hr cook like my bbq sauce ribs mentioned on the previous page, with a reverse sear (at the end). Very tender and juicy.

Here are the lemon pepper pork back ribs. Added herbs as well; oregano, basil and a bit of thyme. Used fresh squeezed lemon during and especially so after cooking. That is a 12 inch plate.
attachment.php

Zoomed in to show all the detailed tasty goodness. You can even see the fleshy lemon bits on the ribs.
attachment.php

Here are the greek pork back ribs. A bunch already cut off. Added a lot of oregano, basil, and some thyme. Again, used fresh squeezed lemon during and especially after cooking. Included a 50% off salad on sale at the local grocer.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom