Commuters - good waterproof gear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Commuters - good waterproof gear?

FLSTC

There's a thread going on regarding rain suits. I wanted to start a thread asking for experiences and recommendations for 'waterproof' jackets and pants.

Sometimes it's pain to stop and put on a rain suit. For day to day commuting when there's risk of rain, a jacket and pants that would be able to keep you dry for a one-hour ride through a moderate rain while maybe providing venting when it's not raining would make life easier. Of course, abrasion protection, impact protection, visibility are factors.

Is KLIM or AEROSTICH the only real solutions? I've been thinking about the Icon Patrol line - but some online reviews say they'll leak. If it was something where you have to install a rain liner, then we're back to the rain suit idea...

What do you have that works?

frogg toggs
Easy to put on, light to wear and very comfortable

For a jacket when there is risk of rain but light, I buy any of the H2 jackets from Marks - I have been using them for years, they can handle a solid one hour of heavy rain and you can use them even when not riding a motorcycle. This with the Frogg toggs pants and you are good to go

I personally have this one and use it almost everyday - Helps with the cold and the rain
They are always on sale for half that price
https://www.marks.com/en/categories...rip-stop-3-in-1-52888.html#52888[color]=BLACK
hd3-t-max-waterproof-breathable-300d-rip-stop-3-in-1-52888.html

Disclaimer: I work for the company that owns Mark's but I still buy their stuff because I like it and the teck on it
There's a thread going on regarding rain suits. I wanted to start a thread asking for experiences and recommendations for 'waterproof' jackets and pants.

Sometimes it's pain to stop and put on a rain suit. For day to day commuting when there's risk of rain, a jacket and pants that would be able to keep you dry for a one-hour ride through a moderate rain while maybe providing venting when it's not raining would make life easier. Of course, abrasion protection, impact protection, visibility are factors.

Is KLIM or AEROSTICH the only real solutions? I've been thinking about the Icon Patrol line - but some online reviews say they'll leak. If it was something where you have to install a rain liner, then we're back to the rain suit idea...

Last edited:
I ride in varying temperature conditions. Prefer to gear up for the temps(full suit with ski jacket in almost winter to mesh jacket in summer) and then have a rain suit over top on those wet days.

Or oxford rain gear too works...

Stadler. Made in Germany.

Or oxford rain gear too works...

Just had one of their gloves rip yesterday after 2-3 uses. I did get them from Re-gear even though they were new. Guess that's what I get for $20.

I drank the kool aid and got Klim stuff as I got a discount on it with a new bike. Verdict..very pricey yes, but it's an extremely nice set of kit. If it fits you that is, sizing is weird. I have the new Badlands jacket and ordered the pants too (which I'm still waiting for in the colour I wanted). Jacket is great. The kidney belt in it is very clever as the weight of the jacket vanishes when you use it. Great armour including a chest section. Very well thought out pockets. Quite comfy as it wears in and venting is really good for a jacket like this.

Stadler. Made in Germany.
What he said. A little known brand, but if you're looking at Klim and Aerostich, you ought to look at Stadler, as well. GoreTex, horrendously expensive, worth every single penny. Get it at Oakville Yamaha.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom