Shannonville, May 22 - Who's Going? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shannonville, May 22 - Who's Going?

Damn, glad to know you guys are OK. What happened?

Got stuck in the pits for 7-8 minutes while they cleaned the track. Tires were off the warmers for 10 minutes. Went out, crashed in turn 4a. Didn't have any warning - back end just slid out and that was that. Low side. Should have known better, completely my error. Minimal damage (clip on, rear set, fibreglass and leather repairs).

Yammyha binned it in turn 4b later in the day. He says the same thing - back end slid out. From the damage, the rear hooked up again and he high sided (I didn't see it happen, but that's what it sounds like), severe damage to the bike (subframe, battery, bent wheel, fairing stay, snorkel, bunch of other stuff.

Both of us suffered bruised egos and several body parts. Nothing that won't heal.

Oops... yes, Tightails. Posting before the coffee kicked in, always a bad idea.

Got stuck in the pits for 7-8 minutes while they cleaned the track. Tires were off the warmers for 10 minutes. Went out, crashed in turn 4a. Didn't have any warning - back end just slid out and that was that. Low side. Should have known better, completely my error. Minimal damage (clip on, rear set, fibreglass and leather repairs).

Yammyha binned it in turn 4b later in the day. He says the same thing - back end slid out. From the damage, the rear hooked up again and he high sided (I didn't see it happen, but that's what it sounds like), severe damage to the bike (subframe, battery, bent wheel, fairing stay, snorkel, bunch of other stuff.

Both of us suffered bruised egos and several body parts. Nothing that won't heal.

I had an incident in 4b my first year there, broke my hand and killed my season. Glad you guys are mostly unharmed.

I blew my motor first heat. Ended up sharing that R6 that high sided for the rest of day. Hes ok. All in all it was a fun day.

Damn. Didn't you just buy that bike? What happened?

Not sure. Its my second track day on the bike. It ran great at cayuga, and ran great for the first 10 or so laps at SMP. I was coming down the back straight, down shifted and braked, preped my body for the turn then started to roll on the throttle and I noticed it had no power.

I stood it up, waved my hand and limped it back to the pits. At idle it makes a REALLY loud ticking noise. the tick is likely a bad valve. I cant be certain till I tear into it.

Back
Top Bottom