Motorcycle pants that aren't huge | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle pants that aren't huge

slowbird

I'm trying to replace my riding pants that I damaged in my recent accident and I'm having no luck.

Nothing at GP or Royal fits. All the stocked sizes are too big by atleast 2 sizes (even Joe Rocket Small was too long.)
I did find one pair at Royal that fit decent but the material didn't look very durable and it did't have enough armor. (i.e. nothing in the hips)

Are there any other Bike stores in the GTA that carry bike pants that anyone can recommend? It's been so long since I've bought gear I'm drawing a blank.

Is the Royal Distributing in Guelph larger/better stocked than the Whitby location?

Where are all you skinny/not tall riders getting your gear at?

Try the European brands like Dainese. A bit more expensive, but they fit better than the North American brands which all seem to start at XXL and go up from there...

That's why you wear Dainese.....always though it was cause you were rich......

I second the Dainese, I have a pair of New Drake Air pants, really like the fit vs the usual big bulky baggy pants.[h=1][/h]

I'm trying to replace my riding pants that I damaged in my recent accident and I'm having no luck.

Nothing at GP or Royal fits. All the stocked sizes are too big by atleast 2 sizes (even Joe Rocket Small was too long.)
I did find one pair at Royal that fit decent but the material didn't look very durable and it did't have enough armor. (i.e. nothing in the hips)

Are there any other Bike stores in the GTA that carry bike pants that anyone can recommend? It's been so long since I've bought gear I'm drawing a blank.

Is the Royal Distributing in Guelph larger/better stocked than the Whitby location?

Where are all you skinny/not tall riders getting your gear at?

If the Joe Rocket small pants fit, but were just too long . . . most motorcycling specific pants tend to be longer, especially if sport oriented. My pants are super long and fit terribly on me just standing around. But on a bike, everything fits like it's supposed to.

Dainese and "euro" sizing tends to be skinnier, but longer as well. So if the JR small was too long only and fit otherwise, the Dainese will probably be skinnier, but not necessarily shorter.

White people's problems

If the Joe Rocket small pants fit, but were just too long . . . most motorcycling specific pants tend to be longer, especially if sport oriented. My pants are super long and fit terribly on me just standing around. But on a bike, everything fits like it's supposed to.

Dainese and "euro" sizing tends to be skinnier, but longer as well. So if the JR small was too long only and fit otherwise, the Dainese will probably be skinnier, but not necessarily shorter.

No they were too large dead stop. The size may have been marked incorrectly cause with them yanked up to my waist the knee armor were below my knees even when in riding position.
I tried a small pair of Alpinestar pants. They were the ones I mentioned in my original post. Not durable enough. Looked to be a casual model.

I'm sure there are pants that fit me considering I have been wearing Joe Rocket pants for like 8 years. I just can't find any.

I also have pair of Dainese new drake pants and wear them all the seasons. These are definitely not baggy but not stiff like the Dainese denim. Even though they fit snug they dont dig into my gut because there is little bit of give. I gained about 15lbs pounds since i bought the pants at gpbikes and they still fit great.
Gpbikes offers short/regular/tall sizes in Dainese New Drake.

Gpbikes offers short/regular/tall sizes in Dainese New Drake.

I was at GP bikes this past weekend and there wasn't anything my size. I didn't see any Dainese pants neither. Their Alpinestarts selection was minimal too.

How bad were they damaged? You could repair them and have a backup set. Post a pic, or send me one.

They are probably repairable (They are non-leathers), but insurance is covering the cost for a new pair so I figured I should buy new.

They are probably repairable (They are non-leathers), but insurance is covering the cost for a new pair so I figured I should buy new.

They were damaged and covered by insurance so you should get a new pair, that is for sure. Does the insurance company want your pants back, as proof of damage? If they did not ask for them back then after repair you can use them for backup. And you can use them while you leisurely look for their replacement.

"I was at GP bikes this past weekend and there wasn't anything my size. I didn't see any Dainese pants neither"
Last time i went, the Dainese gears were upstairs pass the dirt bikes next to the window. You could order gpbikes online. Revzilla.com has a video review and lots of comments from owners and lots of Q&A. These pants are that nice. later

Some pants are made long and meant to be hemmed up.

Wtf nobody mentioned resurgence pants?

Back
Top Bottom