Damn Daytime Job | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damn Daytime Job

I'd be happy if I was only working 8 hours a day sitting at an office. Lots of time and energy left to ride in the evenings.
I'm doing construction 11 hours a day, usually 6 days a week on my feet the whole time and doing alot of heavy lifting. I want to ride after work but I'm just dead tired.

Feelin vitalized! I love the outdoor work. Piloted a desk for 10 years. Would not go back!

Pencil pushing is for bozos. I would not do that unless I had a 90lb stooge underling named Richard. Then I would amuse myself daily by asking him Do you have a pencil, Dick?

what do you guys do for a livin? Curious

Feelin vitalized! I love the outdoor work. Piloted a desk for 10 years. Would not go back!

Who said I'm outdoors? I'm usually in some dark building, breathing in sawdust all day. I like just chilling in an office all day being lazy and doing nothing. Maybe I'll eat some snacks, maybe I'll watch a youtube video, maybe I'll talk to my coworkers about their cats. Then I'll go home at 5pm exactly and ride! Better than doing real work!

Nothing is better than working from a remote office at the Forks, or so I hear.

Yup there are a few of us....but working from a remote office in tropical Australia while yous guys is freezing you cojones off......even better :D

cairns029.jpg

Take the KLR down to the pool and kick back watching the cuties and sort of working tho work time is usually more 3 am.

Last edited:
Who said I'm outdoors? I'm usually in some dark building, breathing in sawdust all day. I like just chilling in an office all day being lazy and doing nothing. Maybe I'll eat some snacks, maybe I'll watch a youtube video, maybe I'll talk to my coworkers about their cats. Then I'll go home at 5pm exactly and ride! Better than doing real work!

Lol well that sucks. I was in financial sales, long hours, high stress, no time for chit chat with coworkers. YouTube videos at work woulda been cool.

Commercial Hardscape and greenworks installer

Love it! Great work, tough, but rewarding.

Union construction trade.

very specific, electrician?

Lol well that sucks. I was in financial sales, long hours, high stress, no time for chit chat with coworkers. YouTube videos at work woulda been cool.

Commercial Hardscape and greenworks installer

Love it! Great work, tough, but rewarding.

Nice, is there work in the winter?

I'm a student, just doing general labor for a company that builds commercial buildings for the summer.

Working on that degree so I can get a job where I sit on my *** all day haha

No, I'm to dumb for that. I do HVAC sheet metal.

ahh ok, nice

I'm a student, just doing general labor for a company that builds commercial buildings for the summer.

lol

go sell blood to vampires, great night job going door to door
then you have all day to ride

I got two degrees so I can sit on my *** all day, exactly what I do now. Starting to hate it already to be honest.

No, I'm to dumb for that. I do HVAC sheet metal.

Hey, I used to be the guy who said "No, you cannot borrow my snips. #@@%#$&*#$@! tin smiths."
At least the walls are usually up when the mechanicals guys start to go in to work.

Decided that there wasn't enough thinking or women, in my trade, so I switched to Computers.
Even managed to get "Anal./Prog. on one set of business cards.

The good news, is that I haven't had to drop a hammer on anyone trying to steal the ladder I was standing on, for the past 20 years or so.

I'm kind of semi-retired now. Wife made me get a part time job or two.

One of my kids wants to get into your trade, HVAC anyways. Should be fun.

complaining about a day time job?? Better than working those retarded 4pm-12am shifts.

Why is it all the good weather is happening while your stuck at work for 8 hours? All the sun and enjoyment.

Then you get out of work and it's raining, or late and you have no real time to ride.

It has always been like that. Beautiful on weekdays and lousy on weekends, although this coming Victoria Day weekend is shaping up to be a good one. Better than the snow we had last Sunday!

Don't worry after 38 years of the daily grind you can retire and ride on any day you want. It has been almost five years since I decided I'd had enough and now only work three days a week at a golf/ski resort.

Back
Top Bottom