Tires for FJR | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tires for FJR

Need new rubber for my 04 FJR and was wondering what others are using on there bikes?

Send a PM to FJRRider. I think he is on his 2nd or third set of tires since getting his bike last spring, (yes he puts a LOT of KM on the bike)

My old boss swears by Michelin Pilots.

Michelin Pilots...your old boss probably has no clue what tires he actually has nearly every sport/sport touring tire from Michelin is Pilot something...even the car ones.

OP, Pilot Road series is great with the 4 being the latest, its designed for increased wet weather traction and longevity. The 3 is also still a very good tire and has a similar design pattern. Also come in an 'GT' version if you'll be riding regularly with a heavy load.

Last Fall I put on a set of Angel GT's from Pirelli. I've put about 3.5K on them and so far they are very good. No issues in the cold or wet and good turn in feel.

Pilot Road 4 GT's are great, but you can get Bridgestone T30 GT's for cheaper and they're fantastic too. I run them on my Concours 1400 (which eats tires like the FJR's)

i run Pilot Power3's on my CBR600rr, i honestly do more touring on the bike than anything. fairly aggressive but im not a track guy.
i love the tires and ive been on my bike pushing it in some really bad rain. Cabot Trail we dot dumped on to the point that water got through the gas cap of my buddies bike and ruined his fuel.

if i was on more of a sport touring bike i would look at the Road 4, they are suppose to be better in the rain that the Pilot Power 3's (which have been amazing)

The Bridgestone BT 023 that my 2014 FJR came equipped with had plenty of grip but wore out fast. I picked up some PR4's but haven't spooned them on yet...

The new Metzeler Roadtec 01 seems to be the new king of the sport touring segment. I've read really good reviews so far but nothing that directly compares them to the PR4.

Back
Top Bottom