(Feeler) FS: 1992 Kawasaki ZR550 Zephyr | GTAMotorcycle.com
  • Please use the new GTAM Classified section. Check it out HERE

(Feeler) FS: 1992 Kawasaki ZR550 Zephyr

Deku

Greetings,

I wasn't really sure which would be a better option for my situation so I figured I would come here for advice.
I've decided to sell my bike due to lack of time for wrenching+riding. I work away from home and don't get much time to ride and I've gotten in over my head with my project bike, and thusly lost hope.

Full disclosure, I guess. As of last year she didn't run properly. She starts up nicely but has a rough idle; in 3rd/4th gear she seems to sputter at high rev's. This is due to the exhaust/pod filter set up, I think. I can't seem to get the carb tuned in properly for this set up. With the stock air box and exhaust she ran pretty well, after I sent it to the shop after the initial purchase (she came with some problems).

My hope was that someone would be interested in taking the whole lot listed below as a project and get her running right. So my question to the community is: should I keep my ad as is, a complete package deal or should I try to part it all out? The biggest hurdle for me is I work away from home about 5 weeks at a time and am only home for about 2 weeks, but I think I can arrange for my friends to be available for transactions...When I get home at the end of the month, I will update this post with pictures. I wanted to see if there was any interest in the mean time. I appreciate your time for reading this and welcome any and all advice from the community.

If anyone has questions, I will do my best to respond. The list below is all off the top of my head, as I am not currently home to make an inventory. I'm confident it's fairly accurate tho.

Thank you kindly,
-MikeH.

1992 Kawasaki ZR550 Zephyr (what is currently on the bike):
Kerker 4 to 1 exhaust
K&N Pod filters
Sachs Madass projector headlights
ZX7 tail light
Renthal 7/8" Handle bar (I think)
Hand grips (can't recall brand)
EX500 Bar Controls
LED Turn indicators
New Battery purchased last year (been on a tender)
Kreiger Cam Chain Tensioner
Tires purchased 4 years ago with about 2000km on them by me

List of additional items available:
Stock exhaust
Stock air box
Stock headlamp unit
Stock handle bar
Front and Rear bike stand
MotionPro SyncPRO Carb Tuner Manometer with refill liquid
MotionPro Carb Tool 90degree 1/4" Hex Screwdriver
Various size Valve spacers
Various size main jets
Factory Pro tuning kit #3.0 Config 30
ZR1 front and rear rims (no tires) with custom fabricated brake caliper relocation blocks
Ogio Saddle Bags
Ogio Top Bag
Ogio Tank Bag
Zx7 Master Cylinder Lever Front

Back
Top Bottom