Good rain suits? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good rain suits?

TwistedKestrel

King of GTAM
Site Supporter
Want to know what's popular these days in staying dry technology. The Nexo 1pc I've been riding with for nearly a decade now has too many holes to be worth fixing, and while it worked well when it was on, things could have been better. It was a bit on the bulky side when it was packed, I would have to dislocate a shoulder & hip to put it on, it was just long enough but too wide so it caught a lot of wind, etc. It was great at actually repelling rain (plus just having it packed decreased the chances of rain by 90%, which was a-okay with me) but now that the magic has leaked out I need to replace it.

What're y'all wearing?

Looking too. My first suit lasted almost a few decades. The next ones much less and the last 3 less than a week worth of days.

I feel like id want one but i dont need one.

I basically use a combo of my black oxford rain pants and a neon green columbia jacket.

If i put it on properly (and not in a hurry) and that im not sitting in stop and go traffic for an hour (basically making the water pool on me, i come out dry.

I dont know how well the oxford combo would work though (jacket, pants and boot covers)
Im also curious

My touring jackets have been great. I also have a frog toggs that is not as good

I have the Nelson Riggs SR-6000 2-piece suit $75
http://gpbikes.com/street/riding-gear/rain-gear/nelson-rigg-sr-6000-stormrider-rain-suit.html

Pants, cuffs, neck all close up well and stay that way. Worn for 8hrs coming back from NC on the GSXR in heavy downpours. Worked very well. Used again yesterday on the cruiser coming back from Niagara in wind/hail/rain and again worked great. Won't be the tiniest folded up as they're a bit thicker but it helps with durability (not bulky by any means).

I've had my $135 Alpinestar rain suit since 2009 and it still kept me toasty and dry on Friday. Haven't seen a set of Frog Toggs that has kept anybody dry for more than 10 miles...

I like the frogg toggs, pack up small, light and seem to breath decently. I have not used the jacket in a while as my current jacket is goretex and has kept me dry through countless down pours. I still use the frogg togg pants and they have held up very well the last 4 or so years. The ultimate though is goretex, pricier but they really work.

Like my frog toggs.... I need to replace them but that is after 5 years of heavy use. They are pretty good. I like that they pack down and they are very light. I personally have the high vis yellow. No mistaking me from very far away.

Where would one find the Frog Toggs stuff? Online only?

The prices are very attractive and I need some gear for a few multiday trips we are taking this year where rain may be unavoidable. I can't justify hundreds for suits we may may wear once or twice a season.

i have frog toggs but the times when ive been out riding and stuck in the rain i didnt have it with me.
helly hansen suit is all rubber and doesnt breathe at all. wore it once and was just as wet from sweat as the guys who didnt put theirs on and toughed out the rain.

im going to try some neverwet spray on my riding jeans and just deal with my riding jackets mostly waterproof ability.

Are they reasonably heat resistant? One of my pipes runs close to my legs on the right side of my bike and I'm sure that loose fitting clothing like rain gear is apt to come in contact with it.

Where would one find the Frog Toggs stuff? Online only?

The prices are very attractive and I need some gear for a few multiday trips we are taking this year where rain may be unavoidable. I can't justify hundreds for suits we may may wear once or twice a season.
You should be able to find them locally. They are available at all the shows. There seems to be a lot of positive feedback in this thread in regards to them, but if you look through past threads it seems like most are negative.
There was one I was interested in, available at Two Wheel or Dual Sport (I don't remember ) that was about $75 per piece, but packed down really small. They didn't have my size, so didn't get them.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Icon PDX hi-vis yellow jacket and Icon PDX bib pants in black. Full zip on the legs (80% at least) makes it easy on with boots. Pants have a non-melt section on the inside legs, although it leaves a light black smear on the pipes, and they have stirrup loops so the legs fon't ride up when seated. Have only worn them twice during a heavy rain - arrived totally dry both times.

my Frog Toggs 2-piece worked well for quite a few trips and is still waterproof except for the crotch, which is a stress point when stopped and you put both feet down, hence the seam ripped a little - and we all know that the water hits your chest and drips down to the crotch/seat area...

Big difference in price between these two...

Last edited:
I've been pretty happy with the Revit Cyclone H2O jacket & pants. Very compact, keeps me dry in downpours and somewhat breathable. Also fairly good in keeping the rain from falling from the sky just by having them along for the ride. Got them at Riders Choice.

After reading too many reports of people wearing FroggToggs and getting wet crotches, I bought a pair of the First Gear Sierra pants and really like them. I'll be getting the jacket soon. Not suitable for hot pipes, but perfect at keeping me dry.

Royal distributing carries the full Frogg Toggs line, men and women.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I've got some stuff that was on sale at MEC. It's been waterproof so far. Pants look like a cleaning would do them good though.

I just got an Olympia Airglide 5 Jacket, where the rain jacket can go either inside or outside, so I'll be trying that this year.

Back
Top Bottom