Long Weekend Trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Weekend Trip

too much

Thinking on doing a 3-4 days trip this weekend. Could be Southwards (Pennsylvania, W Virginia, Virginia), or Tremblant bound. Also open to suggestions.

I would prefer not going alone, anyone interested ?

On that note, I ride an Aprilia Caponord 1200, rain or shine, and paved roads as much as possible. I like a clean hotel and nice dinner at the end of the day (Mexican does it usually) with a few beers (or wine).

If you have not been to PA I'd do that ...less weather risk and only 4 hours away plus cheap fuel and accommmodation. Oh yeah...great roads. Basing out of Coudersport or State College area gives you lovely roads and you have enough time to get south a bit as well.
Just make sure you account for the border clearance tim. Mind the deer morning and evening tho I've seen them almost anytime.

Still 144/44 is much fun - lots of times on here for routes.

Tremblant has some nice roads but they can be crazy crowded on a weekend and very mixed as to surfaces. Bad tar snakes on some. I did have fun wandering the area.

I'm quite familiar with Pennsylvania and Virginia roads, been doing that a few times every year, for the past 6-7 years. That would be my first choice, but the forecast for the weekend shows 3 days of rain in Virginia. While gore-tex gear does quite well in that weather, is still not that fun to ride 3 days in rain. That weather will also take the BlueRidge off the plan, as it gets foggy like hell up there.

I'm considering maybe ride Pennsylvania on Friday and than turn east from Williamsport, explore Vermont a bit and return via Quebec, Ottawa, Calabogie, etc...

I'm considering maybe ride Pennsylvania on Friday and than turn east from Williamsport, explore Vermont a bit and return via Quebec, Ottawa, Calabogie, etc...

That sounds like a decent ride. A few years ago I did a ride to Thunder Bay and back along the north shore of Lake Superior, which was about 4 days. This weekend the weather will be really nice out that way.

I'm going to Mont Tremblant from Friday to Monday this weekend, but going with the missus and some friends who are going to be cycling the hills there. When they go out for a long bicycle ride, I'll be on my own bike ride. The weather looks great out that way all weekend too (21-23deg). If I wasn't going with my lady and some friends, I would have posted it up.

The weather looks really wet down south - I'd suggest you stay in Canada. In 4 days, you could ride up to Lac St Jean via Mont Tremblant area and back via the Saguenay River. and the north shore of the St. Lawrence.

Yeah - if you know PA and the weather sucks then by all means explore Quebec

Placid looks good

Tremblant looking even better.....hmmmm getting me tempted now

I would appreciate any suggestions for good roads (like PA44 :) for example) in Vermont , new Hampshire and Quebec. Thanks.

I would appreciate any suggestions for good roads (like PA44 for example) in Vermont , new Hampshire and Quebec. Thanks.

You familar with Furkot...

https://trips.furkot.com/ui

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-05-18%2Bat%2BMay%252C%2B18%2B%2B%2B%2B2016%2B%2B%2B%2B4.45.58%2BPM.jpg

Good resources for chasing roads - it has other peoples rides, and several motorcycle "best roads" links you can base off of. Import and export GPX and other format files.

I would appreciate any suggestions for good roads (like PA44 :) for example) in Vermont , new Hampshire and Quebec. Thanks.

Check out newenglandriders.org They list best roads, best views, best whatever. Very knowledgeable group who put together some fantastic info

Will be in Penn this weekend Friday to Monday.
If your in Ellicottville or Williamsport at anytime your welcome to have a brew with us after a days ride.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom