Ontario woman drives into Georgian Bay under GPS guidance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario woman drives into Georgian Bay under GPS guidance

TwistedKestrel

King of GTAM
Site Supporter
Not the first & won't be the last

Easy mistake to make. Ramps feel a lot like roads.

In all fairness I saw this at other places and often thought at night someone can easily drive into it thinking it is more parking or exit.

Is it too difficult to add bright plastic gates that move in both directions when the trailer/boat/truck pushes against it.
At least you see a barrier warning.

The world is full of idiots.....
bleh, in the dark in a non lit area if its overcast....

with the glimmer of the gps shining in your eyes making the outside details less visible...

i can imagine it happening.

now in daytime there would be no excuse. lol

bleh, in the dark in a non lit area if its overcast....

with the glimmer of the gps shining in your eyes making the outside details less visible...

i can imagine it happening.

now in daytime there would be no excuse. lol

All you've described is careless driving........

My GPS won't take me from Schomberg to Orangeville along Hwy 9 without a detour through a small subdivision.

It's taken me down gravel roads in Ohio when programmed to stay on paved.

Returning from Ohio it wanted to take me home via the Thousand Islands because I programmed it to avoid tolls. The bridge at Buffalo / Fort Erie is a toll.

It wanted to super slab me 50 miles out of my way to save me one minute because I programmed it to take the fastest route.

Similarly it took me through parts of some US cities where whites get hate stares. I'm white and praying for no red lights.

On the subject of GPS's I hate the one that came with my car. Just as you are approaching a spaghetti junction at night in the rain in a city you don't know someone calls you to ask you where you are and the screen shuts down to show you who's calling.

Don't turn off your brain when you turn on your GPS.

Don't turn off your brain when you turn on your GPS.

+1

I love and use my GPS for trips and it has never let me down or gotten me lost, but I also take the time to plot out routes as well. I have had my GPS do some very stupid things around town, no idea why it would take a certain route, it would have me cross a main street, take the next left into a suburb area, drive through that suburb only to bring me back to the main street I just crossed.

It can be a great tool.

Tool can also be used as an insult. So that's great too.

Back
Top Bottom