Rob Harris has died | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rob Harris has died

Rob MacLennan

Site Supporter
Last night I received word that Rob Harris, founder and editor of the online motorcycle magazine Canada MotoGuide (formerly Canadian Motorcycle Guide Online) has died in a motorcycle accident. No further information is currently available.

He will be missed.

Very saddened to hear this. I met Rob a few year ago and did some work with him on one of his projects. He was a great ambassador for the motorcycle community along with a great personality.
Condolences to his young family, friends and readers of CMG.

Last edited:
I'm gutted.

P1140492.JPG

http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.com/2016/05/in-memory-of-rob-harris.html

Rip

RIP Rob - you were a good friend and I'll never forget the fun we had in the early days of CMG. Condolences to his lovely family.

Rip

What a nice guy he was when I talked with him. RIP Rob.

We all lost a huge asset and amazing person involved in many aspects of the Canadian motorcycle community. He will be missed and his contribution to our community is appreciated.

RIP.

http://driving.ca/auto-news/news/bike-community-mourns-passing-of-canada-moto-guide-founderCanadian

Canadian motorcycling has lost one of it most prominent voices. Rob Harris, founder and publisher of Canada Moto Guide, passed away yesterday while adventure riding in Ontario.

A displace Brit — a proud Yorkshire man as I recall — “Editor ‘arris” started CMG as a small newsletter, a project born, as so many in motorcycling, of passion and not a lot of money. One of the first in the industry to recognize the power of the blogosphere, CMG morphed into an English daily news site in 2007, all the while maintaining the irreverence that had made the original printed format so popular.

A combination of old-school journalism and modern social media nous, Harris had, in recent years, discovered a passion for adventure riding, helping set up the Fundy Adventure Rally in 2014, a thriving event that showcased the back roads of New Brunswick.

They were highlights he knew well, as Harris had moved lock, stock and barrel to Sackville to live with, in his own immortal words, “an unemployed lobster and a junkie moose.”

Our condolences go to his wife Courtney and daughters Cate and Chloe and, of course the staff at CMG. The Canadian motorcycling community is lesser for his passing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/saskville-robert-harris-death-ontario-1.3584173

A Sackville man was killed Saturday in a motorcycle accident in the Ontario township of Wollaston.
Robert James Harris, 49, died after colliding with a pickup truck on his motorcycle, according to the Bancroft detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police.
Police and ambulance attended the accident scene shortly before noon and provided first-aid and CPR to Harris, but he was non-responsive and was declared dead at the scene.
A collision investigator with the Ontario Provincial Police was called in to examine the scene in conjunction with a coroner's investigation.
Following the investigation, no charges were laid.

EDIT - On Old Hastings Road near Coe Hill.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom