Key Problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

Key Problem

RockerGuy

Banned
Site Supporter
I have an 04 gsxr 750 and my ignition is placed in the park position where the engine is off but the tail light is on. I tried turning the ignition back to ON, but it is stuck. Any ideas??

Background info:
I had lost my primary key which I normally use to operate the bike. I used my spare which normally gives problem putting it on the parking position. I accidentally slipped it in the Parking position with this key however, I can't get it out of this position. The key comes out & goes back in, but I can't get it in the ON position.

I found my Original key & the same thing happens, I can't get the bike to go ON and the key doesn't move. Is the tumblers stuck?

Thanks

My bike wouldn't go into the on position because I had to turn the bars to the right whilst simultaneously turning the key.to get it out of lock. Maybe try that if you haven't already

Edit: nvm avoid the above unless Park means the wheel is locked.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Hey Rocker: Are You pushing the Key down while turning? It should depress as you unlock the ignition lock. Try that or some graphite lube.

If it is a tumbler problem and this is persisting, typically a couple squirts of WD40 and reaming the key in and out a couple times to loosen some of the pins should work. If the lock is like the SV, you gotta have the handlebars fully to the left, and push down in the key depressing it into the lock while turning it right.

Tried everything under the sun. I hope I don't have to call a locksmith

God dammit finally got it. You gotta push forward into the tumblers. Smh

Where did you get your key cut ....I have the same year and model
The previous owner did it. They look very identical but they are probably different on a mocron level

It's a typical issue . Should've messaged me on Facebook about it.

The lock mech / key wear issue

Also, one of the big things that gets overlooked in motorcycle maintenance. Cleaning the ignition port. The ignition mechanism has multiple moving parts. Over time, sticking something in and out of that hole repeatedly, will inevitably bring dirt into the cylinder with it. All that dirt gunks up and the cylinder seizes. Whenever you clean and lube your chain, take a can of WD40, stick the little spray nozzle inside the cylinder and let her fly. I'tll start coming back up black and chunky, now insert your key, rotate few times to get the lube all in there, and your ignition cylinder will be good as new!

Back
Top Bottom