That's not going to happen | GTAMotorcycle.com

That's not going to happen

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Nothing new but if you haven't purchased from the USA read the fine print. $16 becomes about $85 Canadian plus tax.

K and N Oil Filter FWIW.

Currency: USD
Product Total: $15.99
FEXP International Priority (1-2 Business Days): $47.71
Tax: $0.00
Total: $63.70
Export Shipment Notice
You are responsible for paying duty or customs fees when your package arrives. Please check with your local customs agency for information on these charges.
Prices are in US dollars. Your actual cost will depend on the exchange rate at the time we process your credit card and any fees your credit card bank may charge.
I have read and accept the Export Shipment Notice.

What annoys me is that the site is a dot.ca so I expect a Canadian presence not the usual over the border crap

What's the website? They deserve some online shaming for pulling the .ca (but actually USA based) crap - there are actually rules about who can, and can not have a .ca domain name and they could be running afoul of the rules if this is a fully US based company trying to pretend they're Canadian, only to end up hosing unexpecting Canadians.

Nothing new but if you haven't purchased from the USA read the fine print. $16 becomes about $85 Canadian plus tax.

K and N Oil Filter FWIW.

Export Shipment Notice
You are responsible for paying duty or customs fees when your package arrives. Please check with your local customs agency for information on these charges.
Prices are in US dollars. Your actual cost will depend on the exchange rate at the time we process your credit card and any fees your credit card bank may charge.

What annoys me is that the site is a dot.ca so I expect a Canadian presence not the usual over the border crap

have you ever ordered from Ride Rich? a toronto based company that shows everything in CND then hammers your credit card in USD and you have to pay the exchange fees.
i ended up with a $85 bill for a Tshirt, 1 sticker and a bandanna...the only thing i really wanted was the bandanna for snowboarding as a face cover.
Never again will i order from them....called them out on instagram and they started following me but got no reply.

Ride Rich .... You should ave stopped right there .... LOL

UPS would have only been $30...........and $65 in brokerage fees.

have you ever ordered from Ride Rich? a toronto based company that shows everything in CND then hammers your credit card in USD and you have to pay the exchange fees.
i ended up with a $85 bill for a Tshirt, 1 sticker and a bandanna...the only thing i really wanted was the bandanna for snowboarding as a face cover.
Never again will i order from them....called them out on instagram and they started following me but got no reply.

Same experience this winter, ordered small hydraulic fitting from Ontario based company. Billed in US$....$10 fitting was something like $35 to my door. I sent them an email: why is a Canadian company billing in foreign country currency? The guy actually rang me up for a full on explanation. I didn't understand any of it. But he seemed satisfied.

Would love to get clear lens covers for my indicators since Honda Canada switched to using amber instead. Good news I can get them from the UK for about $40 for 4...bad news is after currency conversion and shipping it is around $150. For that price, I like my ambers. lol

Also almost ran into the same with old RAM from Amazon. $10 per 2GB stick, but they wanted about $30 to ship each of them.

Good to know...I was mulling over a keychain but now I won't bother. If anyone really wanted their stuff I think they typically have booths at the show...and if they pulled the USD thing there, at least you could punch them in the face. lol

I've never heard of riderich before, but everything on their website that I can see is labeled in USD. What's the problem?

Might have been knfilters.ca The prices are in USD and the policy page does say they ship from the US. There's really no difference between K&N .com and .ca other then what country they ship to. Must have been a pointy-haired boss decision.

Also don't cross border ship via courier, always use USPS.

Good to know...I was mulling over a keychain but now I won't bother. If anyone really wanted their stuff I think they typically have booths at the show...and if they pulled the USD thing there, at least you could punch them in the face. lol

the RR reservoir covers really fit well but ide never pay for one... 6Foot4Honda gave me a couple last summer.

as much as some of the RR shirts look cool and ide like some im not going to ever buy from them again.

Might have been knfilters.ca The prices are in USD and the policy page does say they ship from the US. There's really no difference between K&N .com and .ca other then what country they ship to. Must have been a pointy-haired boss decision.

Also don't cross border ship via courier, always use USPS.

The pricing shows up when you go to the checkout page so read the numbers. I guess the thing that irks me is the crappy way so many US companies treat Canada. "Let's send them dumb Eskimos some cheap baubles at stupid prices and laugh on the way to the bank." Worked for Target didn't it. (snicker)

Hey Nobbie - Can't help you with over the boarder shopping - the couple of times I tried it, I got screwed over too. So far as your filter search - K&N oil filters are decent filters (wouldn't use their air filters on anything I was going to keep). I believe their oil filters are made by Clarcor - the same company that makes Baldwin filters. Baldwin supplies a lot of filters to the trucking industry - they have auto ones too - many of which cross-over to bikes. The one I use for my 'Wing, is the same one I use on my Acura and my Subaru - exact fit and same specs for all. If you have an Aklands Grainger close by - they carry Baldwin and if it's not in stock, it only takes a few days to get them in. Last time I got a few (couple of years ago) they were in around $10@. It's as good a filter as any and better than a lot of them.
A really good filter is the Mobil 1 - uses synthetic media and filters down around 5-10 microns. Very strongly made. Canadian tire puts them on sale once in a while - last month, as a matter of fact. A $15 or $16 filter goes for $10 or $11.

K and N Oil Filter FWIW.

Export Shipment Notice

Assuming you were purchasing a filter for your bike (GL1500): KN-303

Shipped to your door from a local shop would have been less than $30 plus tax, and you would have had it next day.

Sorry you had a frustrating experience online.

Assuming you were purchasing a filter for your bike (GL1500): KN-303

Shipped to your door from a local shop would have been less than $30 plus tax, and you would have had it next day.

Sorry you had a frustrating experience online.

Actually it was for the cage so I just picked one up at the dealer for about $10. What was most annoying was the waste of time based on the assumption of a Canadian presence.

I once ordered some electronics parts from Digikey in the USA, paid via CC in loonies, had the parts shipped out of the USA to Toronto for peanuts with every cost included including HST IIRC. Delivery was about 3 days. It can be done.

Back
Top Bottom