What are the Ontario regulations / qualifications for a motorcycle instructor ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are the Ontario regulations / qualifications for a motorcycle instructor ?

mstram

Google only returns one hit to a course run by Humber.

1) Is it just having an M license ?

2) Is it just being trained by a school's "internal" instructor program ?

Pretty much. Most schools hire in the winter and teach you how to teach their course, so if you were interested start calling around in the fall.

License also ought to be clean

Most would also want you to have a good driving record, be a frequent rider, and have time on your hands for teaching.

I'm with motorcyclecourse.com
Whitby, peterborough, belleville, kingston, ottawa, (& now Lindsay & pembroke)
Minimum 2 weekends a year teaching (most do many more).
I think M for 3 years.
They test your riding (consistency in demos and taking instruction by the seasoned instructors), one weekend a month over the winter to learn public speaking, lesson delivery, and curriculum.

We all recertify in March every year to freshen up.

First aid re-cert every year too.

Theres a lot of time involved, but its good fun.

The training will be offered by the program you're going to teach (as matt365 described). For the Colleges, the skills are easily transferrable from one to the next because of everyone (except Humber) using CSC curriculum.
MTO does not approve instructors. MTO approves "signing authorities" - those that have the authority to administer the test. As far as I know, all of the programs that have the authority to do testing have the authority to train their signing authorities (NOT quite as simple if its M2 Exit)

some make you kinda do a apprentice type thing for a couple classes...just kinda tag along and watch.

im considering ddoing this for next season. ive been teaching different things for 16 years and its fun.

Back
Top Bottom