Parking near RBC WaterPark Place, Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking near RBC WaterPark Place, Toronto

skyishigh

Hey Guys,

I just started working at 20 Bay Street ( RBC Waterpark Place) and from what I have seen there is no Green P street parking(i think). I see some motorcycles in the Harbor Steak House parking. Are you guys paying $15 to park there?
Is there any better way to park for less (or free :)) ?

Wasn't there a whole discussing about parking in this area like 2 weeks ago?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hey there, tried to start something so building management would talk to us but that fell through the cracks as i didnt have a way to reach all motorcyclists parking there.

Long story short some park at harbour sixty under the underpass (so not in the lot really..) dont know how long they'll let that slide for. I park at the underpass at harbour/front (that you access from lower simcoe/harbour)

There's no close street parking within 6-700m of the building to be honest. Everything is all reserved for motorcoach dropoff...

Recently someone who was parking there often decided to park in the underground and he filed a health and safety complaint as its sandy and its polished cement so its a recipe for disaster both for tires and for trying to get footing...we'll see how that goes.

We used to have glorious parking...with over 30 bikes every day but due to security concern and lacks of faks given about riders we've been basically kicked out without an alternative being provided.

Recently someone who was parking there often decided to park in the underground and he filed a health and safety complaint as its sandy and its polished cement so its a recipe for disaster both for tires and for trying to get footing...we'll see how that goes.

Hope this doesn't backfire. That (potentially) wet polished granite in the shade where you used to park may be argued to be just as slippery & dangerous.

Hope this doesn't backfire. That (potentially) wet polished granite in the shade where you used to park may be argued to be just as slippery & dangerous.

That is an EXCELLENT point, the property owner now has ammunition as to why parking can't be permitted in the old spot too dangerous for riders to navigate. They may also now use that as a reason not to permit motorcycles to use underground either. Don't think there is any bylaw etc or their development application process that says the MUST provide motorcycle parking. Normally it just spells out that they must have XX number of spots for the development.

That is an EXCELLENT point, the property owner now has ammunition as to why parking can't be permitted in the old spot too dangerous for riders to navigate. They may also now use that as a reason not to permit motorcycles to use underground either. Don't think there is any bylaw etc or their development application process that says the MUST provide motorcycle parking. Normally it just spells out that they must have XX number of spots for the development.
The tiles outside are not slippery by any means and they're textured too, offering good grip, and they've never been sandy in a year of parking there, EVEN when they were doing construction (bike would be covered in dust from stonecutting lol). I'm guessing because the wind makes it move along and/or it accumulates in the rocks behind.

The polished cement from the underground parking on the other hand is slick in nature i remember noticing it the first (and only) time i used it. Also keep in mind that in order to tap in, you gotta get close to the unit which requires your right foot to land exactly where the centre of a car tapping in is, aka where any oil or fluid leaks would happen. Add sand on top of the lubed polished cement and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster

Hey there, tried to start something so building management would talk to us but that fell through the cracks as i didnt have a way to reach all motorcyclists parking there.

Long story short some park at harbour sixty under the underpass (so not in the lot really..) dont know how long they'll let that slide for. I park at the underpass at harbour/front (that you access from lower simcoe/harbour)

There's no close street parking within 6-700m of the building to be honest. Everything is all reserved for motorcoach dropoff...

We used to have glorious parking...with over 30 bikes every day but due to security concern and lacks of faks given about riders we've been basically kicked out without an alternative being provided.
I parked under the underpass at Harbour sixty. There were at least 10 other bikes there. I just hope we don't get ticketed.

yeah im parked elsewhere staying away from all the attention, and most people feel uneasy parking on sand anyways lol
I parked under the underpass at Harbour sixty. There were at least 10 other bikes there. I just hope we don't get ticketed.

Yay both underpasses (mine and harbour sixty) got ticketed. Just GREAT. Now for a 10m walk to the moto with my gear on at 28 degrees

Yay both underpasses (mine and harbour sixty) got ticketed. Just GREAT. Now for a 10m walk to the moto with my gear on at 28 degrees

I think that happened the day I did not go to work. Where are you parking now? Looks like I'm running out of options.:rolleyes:

I think that happened the day I did not go to work. Where are you parking now? Looks like I'm running out of options.:rolleyes:
"far"
amsterdam brewery has a bunch of motos parked there (street parking) and east near the LCBO on queens quay theres some parking.

I can tell you my back gets quite...moist on the walk to work

Hey all, not sure if it will help, but check my contest thread. Contest to win free parking for a year, not sure which lots are available. It's with the Honk app.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Ended up near the LCBO. It'a a five minute walk so its not that bad. Thanks for the info.

Freeland St and Cooper St used to have No Parking Between 7PM - 7AM, Except by Permit (5G). This meant 7AM-7PM was on-street GreenP parking.

Now they've taped over the "7PM - 7AM" portion, and the GreenP machines (#4135 & #4136) are also gone. (Therefore NO PARKING Except by 5G Permit.)

The 5G permit for motorcycles should be free, even temporary permits are free as per this City of Toronto link.

"Motorcycles and scooters
Permits for motorcycles and scooters are free, but must be picked up from Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St W, Main Floor, West Tower. The office is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please contact us to determine availability.
"

I asked parking operations and they said that I cannot get a 5G permit as a non-resident. I'm waiting to see what they'll say about a Temporary Permit. The catch is, Temporary Permits for Scooters and Motorcycles must be picked up in person from City Hall, whereas Temporary Permits for cars can be printed out as a PDF.

Does anybody on here have other suggestions for this area?

I currently drive my car down to the Radisson Admiral and park underground for the $10 Early Bird special. I see a bunch of bikes parking around the building at the pay and display street parking.

I enjoy the walk when I take the car, but carrying my riding equipment during the walk isn't ideal (yes yes... 1st world problem)

Is there anything closer to Queens Quay W and York/Bay?

I've seen the odd bike parked on the sidewalk at Habour Square. The Waterfront Trail looks tempting too.

Last edited:
Freeland St and Cooper St used to have No Parking Between 7PM - 7AM, Except by Permit (5G). This meant 7AM-7PM was on-street GreenP parking.

Now they've taped over the "7PM - 7AM" portion, and the GreenP machines (#4135 & #4136) are also gone. (Therefore NO PARKING Except by 5G Permit.)

The 5G permit for motorcycles should be free, even temporary permits are free as per this City of Toronto link.

"Motorcycles and scooters
Permits for motorcycles and scooters are free, but must be picked up from Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St W, Main Floor, West Tower. The office is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please contact us to determine availability.
"

I asked parking operations and they said that I cannot get a 5G permit as a non-resident. I'm waiting to see what they'll say about a Temporary Permit. The catch is, Temporary Permits for Scooters and Motorcycles must be picked up in person from City Hall, whereas Temporary Permits for cars can be printed out as a PDF.

Does anybody on here have other suggestions for this area?

I currently drive my car down to the Radisson Admiral and park underground for the $10 Early Bird special. I see a bunch of bikes parking around the building at the pay and display street parking.

I enjoy the walk when I take the car, but carrying my riding equipment during the walk isn't ideal (yes yes... 1st world problem)

Is there anything closer to Queens Quay W and York/Bay?

I've seen the odd bike parked on the sidewalk at Habour Square. The Waterfront Trail looks tempting too.

The problem is, the more bikes you have parking in an illegal spot, the more attention it gets and the more likely it is that people get ticketed. Ask me how i know!?
Harbour sixty parking lot, where the underpass is, we used to be about 10 of us parking there... they all get ticketed a few times.

I understand your first world problem as when i get to work i'm pretty much sweaty from carrying jacket, helmet, backpack and wearing my riding pants.

The problem is, the more bikes you have parking in an illegal spot, the more attention it gets and the more likely it is that people get ticketed. Ask me how i know!?
Harbour sixty parking lot, where the underpass is, we used to be about 10 of us parking there... they all get ticketed a few times.

I understand your first world problem as when i get to work i'm pretty much sweaty from carrying jacket, helmet, backpack and wearing my riding pants.
It's pretty late in the season, but I noticed a few bikes still parked at the underpass behind Harbour 60.

But this morning, there were 3 or 4 cars parked there, along with a cherry-picker.

I'm hoping those are just construction workers involved with the Gardiner revitilization parking their cars there.

It's pretty late in the season, but I noticed a few bikes still parked at the underpass behind Harbour 60.

But this morning, there were 3 or 4 cars parked there, along with a cherry-picker.

I'm hoping those are just construction workers involved with the Gardiner revitilization parking their cars there.
I've been parking there all the time this season. And yeah i ended up parking elsewhere today because of them. I've been seeing them doing different sections of the underpass this week, i kinda expected it to happen sometime this week lol. There still were some bikes parked next to the cars though so we're still ... "good"

Back
Top Bottom