Not 'that' HOV question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not 'that' HOV question

Wasted

Site Supporter
So, I commute the 403 everyday and everyday I see single riders going up and down the HOV lane in Burlington/Oakville and in Mississuaga.
Are you not aware that it's illegal? Do you not care? Are you not getting pulled over and ticketed? I couldn't care less and I'm not whining about it, I'm legitimately curious. I see cars pulled over almost daily but NEVER a bike.
I have two (non-motorcycle related) minor convictions so it's not worth it for me to risk it myself, but it just seems like it's a bit of a free pass out there. Anyone have experience??

So, I commute the 403 everyday and everyday I see single riders going up and down the HOV lane in Burlington/Oakville and in Mississuaga.
Are you not aware that it's illegal? Do you not care? Are you not getting pulled over and ticketed? I couldn't care less and I'm not whining about it, I'm legitimately curious. I see cars pulled over almost daily but NEVER a bike.
I have two (non-motorcycle related) minor convictions so it's not worth it for me to risk it myself, but it just seems like it's a bit of a free pass out there. Anyone have experience??
They probably don't care and have been lucky (no cop, or cop didnt care) but i've gotten stopped in my cage while i had the toddler in the backseat (cause he didn't see the toddler in her stage 2 seat).

He walked and stopped at the rear window, shook his head and then told me "well you know why i stopped you and i'm sorry for the mistake"
And that was it. So they do check! (and that was last year)

I have co-worker who rides too and the other day he mentioned something that I don't believe to be true...but hey some experts here can share their opinion on it..

He said...that "If there is traffic jam on highway..I mean bumper to bumper...then you could ride through on the shoulder lane or the service lane" ... I took the advice with grain of salt but I don't think this is even legal... but tried assuring me that it was and he does it all the time.

lol - yea good luck with that one.
Because Ontario traffic laws are dependent on traffic.

Proper Tim Hortons parking lot conversation

I have co-worker who rides too and the other day he mentioned something that I don't believe to be true...but hey some experts here can share their opinion on it..

He said...that "If there is traffic jam on highway..I mean bumper to bumper...then you could ride through on the shoulder lane or the service lane" ... I took the advice with grain of salt but I don't think this is even legal... but tried assuring me that it was and he does it all the time.

Yeah you could.

But you would be
a) a doosh
b) illegal

I can maybe somewhat understand if you have an air cooled bike, but a) and b) still apply ahha.

And the shoulder/service lanes are so gritty and full of debris that it's also at his/her own risk. Number of blow semi tires i see in there... good luck avoiding it with all the sand on that pavement.

Yeah you could.

But you would be
a) a doosh
b) illegal

I can maybe somewhat understand if you have an air cooled bike, but a) and b) still apply ahha.

And the shoulder/service lanes are so gritty and full of debris that it's also at his/her own risk. Number of blow semi tires i see in there... good luck avoiding it with all the sand on that pavement.

Riding an air/oil cooled bike I was very tempted to ride the shoulder or split yesterday when it started overheating but didn't specifically because of points a) & b)

Once, I pulled off onto the shoulder on the 404 while waiting for a friend in a cage to catch up. Pulled back on a short distance later after they passed. OPP was writing ticket a bit down the road and saw me pull back on. He flagged me over and made me wait till he finished. Accused me of trying to pass cars by riding on the shoulder when I was actually letting cars pass me. He decided to believe me.

Back
Top Bottom