Port Dover: What is the draw? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover: What is the draw?

My first time and impressions;
1. Never seen to many motorcycles in my life
2. Really fun atmosphere
3. Decent trip from Hamilton with friends, nice weather in the evening.
4. Food is meh.

Overall great time, I think the biggest draw is the crazy amount of motorcycles in one area is breathtaking.
Would I go back? Probably not, but definitely should go if you never have been.

Good that the motorist went for the shoulder to allow these guys to slide past without getting pasted on the bumper. These large herds of bikes that want to stay together are well known to area motorists that often take evasive action to allow the pack to roll on. Glad there were no fatalities in that crash.

I think it's great that some people are totally engulfed and completely thrilled with the experience. What a grand way to go thru life. To be able to project this enthusiasm on non PD13 days thru the clever use of chrome, paint, devil may care engineering, costumes and mind altering substances must be the icing on the cake. Am I envious? Does a biker urinate on the flowers?

Last edited:
I think you guys were right behind us at the police checkpoint - did one of the riders in your group have a helmet with a big "eyeballs" (or something like that) skin thing over the visor?

I had no eyeball design on my helmet. Neither did two other riders. My passenger was wearing a bell full face helmet
that had skull and spark plugs graphics. Her lid was definitely the coolest looking one.

What year? This year's done and 2017 gets January and October IIRC.

This year. Last time I was in Dover for the 13th, it was Saturday the 13th. This August, the 13th is a Saturday again. :) Last time, I had a beautiful non-congested ride there and back. I was one of maybe 5 bikes in town. Had a delicious relaxed lunch of fresh fish. It was terrific. :)

I went for the first time in almost 20 years and had fun. So many bikes! Yeah, ratio is probably 95% to 5% pirates vs ninjas, but everyone was cool. I was surprised to see so many H*lls Angels though. Weird to see that stuff. Some very cool bikes of all types as well as some classics with sidecars. Everybody was friendly and talkative. I'll go again when they fall in the warm weather months.....there's nowhere else you can be around so many other bikes.

Back
Top Bottom