Well doesn't this just suck | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well doesn't this just suck

Heh, some of those chilly gusts required extra attention today. Nearly did an unscheduled lane change during one of them. Impressive, considering how heavy the Burger is. Heated gear keeps it civilized.

Closest I got to riding today was pulling the bikes back into the garage after washing them, and that wasn't a particularly great experience between the frozen fingers and the frozen crap falling from the sky at the same time.

Didn't ride today buy rode to waterloo from Hamilton yesterday. Cold is no problem, but that wind on a klr on the 401 is brutal. And my mileage was horrible. 8L to run 100km, normally its 5. Pinned in 5th barely keeping 100. Had to go into 3rd to make it up the escarpment. although that might have part to do with my fat arse.

I went for a ride today after the hail ended and didn't realize how strong the wind feels when you're on the bike. It almost tipped me over to the next lane. At first I thought it was because of my small bike and that I'm a small person in general. This is my first year riding and I'm curious, is it recommended to avoid riding when the winds are strong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is something you need to learn but as a new rider on a light bike take it in small doses. It can be fun and invigorating tho yesterday those gusts packed a punch when stopped it was lovely riding with it....could hardly keep up with the bicycles surfing it down from Belfountain with a huge tail wind.

Certainly avoid high bridges when there is a wind warning up ( Hamilton Skyway for instance ) and perhaps look to stay in the wind shadow of a panel truck ( but not in his blind spot ).

I'd not avoid but treat it cautiously just like a new swimmer and waves...

Zero out just now ....think I'll wait a while to pull the bike out - 16 later :D

I rode through the weather on Sunday. It wasn't fun doing 110km/h on the 404 while getting pelted with pea sized hail.

It's May. WTF Mother Nature?!

Lovely ride today ....dodged the rain and rode home behind the squall

rainbow.jpeg

All roads lead to the forks.
All forks lead to my mouth. ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom