M1 vs M2 Insurance Costs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 vs M2 Insurance Costs

Quotes online are only as accurate as the information the user inputs.
I can do as many quotes online as I want and I'm usually within $50 from the true premium.

Based on what I've see, the user inputs information to obtain the lowest premium possible and then calls the insurance company saying he wants to go ahead with that quote.
Brokers have to review everything before even entertain the idea of issuing the policy, we pull reports we confirm all info.

By the time it's all done, there are tickets, wrong license dates, wrong coverage, addresses don't match existing address, etc, etc

At the end, the quote is now much higher.

Hello! New to the community, first post, hope I'm posting in the right place.
42 year old male, buying first bike in 20 years, need insurance.
I've seen people on here asking about insuring. I'm getting my M1, have a bike paid for to seller, but of course being Ontario I need insurance to transfer ownership. How do I get insurance for the transfer? Or am I missing something?
Currently 1 vehicle (minivan) insured with State Farm, and I'm not happy with them overall. They won't insure with M1 or without rider course (despite the fact I've had motorcycle insurance in the past with 2 seasons experience).

Any advice greatly appreciated!

You only need insurance to get the bike plated, not to transfer ownership. I purchased my bike and had it transported to my garage. Then because of the price difference in insurance I waited until after taking the M1 Exit and getting my M2 before I insured and plated it.

I ran into the same issue with most companies not insuring with an M1, and those that did were four times what my company (Co-Operators) is charging me, but they made me wait until I had my M2. The course was waaaaaay too basic since I had only taken five years off of riding, but paying the $500 saved me $1200 over just insuring with my M1 so that I could take the M2 test on my own bike.

Back
Top Bottom