Friday the 13th - Haliburton Area Ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday the 13th - Haliburton Area Ride

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I have Friday off work and it looks like it will be a decent day to go for a ride. I'm going to hit up some of the best roads in Haliburton and south Algonquin area.

Meeting Spot: 8:30am depart from the Timmies in Port Perry @ 1889 Scugog St: https://goo.gl/maps/y62SsMfGtLo

Route: something like: https://goo.gl/maps/gKjqFtCDJLF2
Gas stops every 200km or so.

Pace will be fun in corners and responsible on the straights - keeping in mind the high possibility of sand in corners, and many twisty roads, so not for very new riders.

I'm going to pack a lunch and eat at a nice spot by a lake. If anyone needs, I will have a top case to carry some lunch/drinks and our first stop is a place where some light food and snacks can be bought (Flynn's @ 507).

I'm heading out from Mississauga, so round trip distance for me will be around 700km. Leaving Mississauga around 7am and leaving Port Perry at 8:30am.

Post up or PM if you are interested, otherwise I will leave much earlier and ride longer.

Might be up for this. I hurt my back so not sure if I might leave early. The pain will dictate

FYI Flynn's was a little spotty for gas last year...might want to make sure everyone isn't on empty when you get there.

I am keeping my eyes on the weather. It might be raining in the morning but fine for the rest of the day. Are you still meeting at that time if it rains?

I am keeping my eyes on the weather. It might be raining in the morning but fine for the rest of the day. Are you still meeting at that time if it rains?
Not sure what I'm going to do just yet. I'll keep watching the forecast and post up later, but I have to DJ a party tonight, so might not be able to post up until closer to midnight. If it's messy in the morning, I might just skip the ride and do it another day. It's a long way to go to leave later in the morning, especially the round trip from Mississauga. If the forecast clears up, then I'd like to do the ride. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom