small bike versus GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

small bike versus GTA

psycho44

Site Supporter
Just got JVC's first sports video camera. I have it mounted to my basket so very shaky plus I didn't tighten the swivel ball. I think I have an idea to dampen the shakes.

Anyways was just a 10 minute ride to grab a dozen beef patty around Eglinton and Keele. Came across 2 drivers that were impatient. First one went into oncoming traffic lane just to pass me. My speedo said 60 in a 50 zone becoming 40. Another was a taxi driver that didn't stop at all making a right turn. I was shifting gears and had to hit the brakes hard. Luckily car behind me didn't rear end me.

The bike is 101cc very small so cars are more aggressive towards me. Hope to post better quality video in the future.

[video=youtube;sWqO566DZwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWqO566DZwY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
You can't do much about the speed demons unfortunately, just watch your mirrors. Now the cab was wrong for cutting in like that, however you did really slow down while shifting, almost to the point where it seems you're having trouble with it. Work on shifting smoother and faster.

First part - looked like you were riding in the right tire track of the lane. Probably made it inviting for the pickup truck to pass you on the left.

The taxi driver was an a55. You might have been concealed by that VW when he glanced before the turn.

You can't do much about the speed demons unfortunately, just watch your mirrors. Now the cab was wrong for cutting in like that, however you did really slow down while shifting, almost to the point where it seems you're having trouble with it. Work on shifting smoother and faster.

unfortunately with this bike you have to drop the throttle to shift. But definitely I need to work on smoother shifting. Where the truck past me that lane is huge enough for 2 lanes but it's a 1 lane road. That truck must have been going at least 70 in a 40 zone.

That was also my thought, you were riding on the right side of lane, creating space for vehicles to pass you, they might be thinking you're making space on purpose.

I didn't see you do anything illegal. Taxi never stopped at the red. truck passing you went over solid line. jeez... when did driving the speed limit put you at fault? lmao

He's right about me driving in the right tire tracks. With the bigger bikes I stay center to left tire tracks. But this road as seen in the video had bunch of circular bumps on the left tire tracks and I'd like to minimize head on collisions as evident by this truck.

I've also focused on getting my shifting faster and more smooth. I guess i needed a kick in the arse was being lazy with my shifting liking the sound of the high rev before the gears shift.

I've done some long distance ridings recently but nothing to post about.

Back
Top Bottom