Please help...1992 ZX7 temp gauge quit reading | GTAMotorcycle.com

Please help...1992 ZX7 temp gauge quit reading

2shakey

I swapped my stock exhaust for a complete header to tail pipe Hindle over the winter, while doing so I had to drain and remove the rad. After the install of everything, refilling rad with new anti freeze, and connecting all wiring, I've find that the temperature gauge doesn't work any more.
When I turn the key on the gauge moves so I can tell it has power and is working, it's just not reading and the fan isn't kicking on either.
I checked all the wiring again, disconnected, reconnected and made sure nothing was crimped or touching header and still not reading.
I'm at the point of draining everything and dismantling again...but thought I'd ask and see if there is anything else I can do first.

Everything worked fine before...I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Are you allowing it time to get to temp where it needs the fans and the gauge would start moving? From what your saying, everything should be fine. It's possible the sensor called it quits but unlikely if everything was fine prior to the exhaust work.

Are you sure you got the air out? Is there a chance the temp sender is in an air pocket?

burp the system, lean it over to the left far down, it will burp and you will be able to add like 1/2L more

Check the sensor, make sure its still functioning. But ofcourse make sure the system has no air pockets in it.....does the bike actually feel hot?

Back
Top Bottom